Tattoo Lovers discussion

What tattoos do you have/want to get?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (sandsnek) Just thought I'd start a discussion, since it's been quiet in the group. :p
I'm getting my hermes wings this year to represent my marathon running.

message 2: by Mark (new)

Mark Carver (markcarverbooks) | 10 comments Mod
I've got a six-inch gap on my left forearm that I'm saving for my next child's name. My first son's name is above the space and when our next baby arrives in May, I'll get his/her name below it. It's the only space remaining on either of my arms :-P

I used to get tattooed almost every month when I was single, but since becoming a family man, time and money goes in other directions. I still enjoy it but I don't feel the craving like I used to.

It's cool that your tattoo will represent a concrete element in your life, rather than the "oh, I'm a complex person, half angel, half demon..." Not every tattoo needs a deep meaning, but it certainly makes it more interesting.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan (wifeairforce) | 4 comments I have my kids names on my back one on each shoulder, a bee for my grandmother(went by B) praying hands with dogtags for all the military in my family plan to get my dads stuff added to that now that he passed away, left upper arm almost done just need some color and one more peice to finish it as a claddagh on my lower arm. Plan to get one for my brother who has cancer, want and elephant don't know what kind or placement yet, and I want one on my foot.

message 4: by Mark (last edited Jun 03, 2013 01:57AM) (new)

Mark Carver (markcarverbooks) | 10 comments Mod
Schweet. My second child was born this month and I got her English and Chinese names on the remaining space on my left forearm. That's it for the arms...back and stomach are done too and my chest and legs are too hairy, sooo...guess the feet are all that's left, but that's kinda girly. Maybe I'll get a cranium tat and then grow my hair back. A secret tattoo that no one can see, at least until I'm old and bald...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

my next planned tat is for my best friend who just recently passed.... it was her choice so it hurts more to me and our friends.. but its gonna be a collage of everything she was into pretty much. its gonna have a drum set with hockey sticks, a roll of film from a camera and some horror movie masks in it. with the suicide prevention ribbon. yeah its a lot but we are tryin to make it work.. im sorry for sharing such a depressing topic but i wanted to get it off my chest and out to the world.. she was like my twin and i love her to death and bein deployed while this happened maked it harder... thank you for reading and hope everyone is enjoying their ink. semper fi

message 6: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1 comments Hi people, I'm new to the group.... It would be awesome if we could all see pics of the tattoos you have or have recently gotten. Myself I have a few, half sleeve of fairies, moon on my outer wrist, heart with the hubby's name on my inner wrist, fairy & stars on my foot, stars in my ear, stars & moon across my shoulders & fairy under a dead tree on my shoulder blade - as you can tell I have a thing for moons, stars & fairy folk lol I'm always on the look out for more. I want one that represents my 2 sons, maybe with their name on but nothing seems good enough... I was thinking heart locket but with filigree but I haven't found the right idea yet.

Joann(san diego shutterbug) i actually just got fresh ink a week ago. Its a quote and its on my forearm
"although blood pumping through my veins keeps me from dying is music that gives me life" with music notes on both sides.

message 8: by Shawn (new)

Shawn My whole chest is dedicated to family...parents, kids, going to add roses for my grandkids... i want to get bleeding eyes in the creases of my arms...add to the Irish theme i started on my left arm....need to get my Chicago Bears tat too