Proud Of It! discussion

Resources > PFLAG - Parents & Friends of Lesbians and Gays

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma Winter | 121 comments I know a kid who's only 8 and gets constantly bullied and teased about being gay. I don't even know if an 8 year old can be gay can they? And he's getting picked on by kids who are basically 5-18 at school on the bus everywhere he goes and the really bad part is he tells his parents but they ignore him and don't care!

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma Winter | 121 comments Yeah everyone I know thinks that it's people's fault if there gay or a lesbian!

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma Winter | 121 comments You should!!

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma Winter | 121 comments If you want to do it it would definitely be a great thing for you to do!

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma Winter | 121 comments Your doing everyone in this group good! You are teaching me a lot about things such as bullying and unfairness to gay or lesbians

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't tell my parents my sexuality....

message 7: by r8chh (new)

r8chh I'm bi and its the same, I can't tell my parents and I have a fear of letting some people know cause i'm afraid they're automatically gonna not want to be around me cause they're afraid I'll like them. Which that's not how it is. Bring raised in a Christian home is hard when it comes to this stuff. But I just feel if people don't agree with it they don't have to shove it in your face, cause we don't shove our sexuality in yours ya know?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG! I'M EXACTLY THE SAME! My family thinks it's wrong.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

We're Mormon. The Bible says marriage is between a man and a woman, but since when can you choose who you love?

message 10: by r8chh (new)

r8chh Exactly. It just happens. Girls are beautiful and fun and sensitive. Guys are all douche bags and controlling and just... Dudes. Lmao

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) haha I have to agree on that one LOL

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Guys are douchebags.... I'm straight I don't know how people will react if I was gay or bi

message 14: by Ni (new)

Ni (ghosty144) | 6 comments I know alot of people who are gay or bi. I even know a few transgender people. I'm straight, but I feel offneded when people talk poorly of glbt people because it feels like they are insulting me because I accept them. Most of my family is accepting, but they still think that glbt's are "weird". I feel bad for people who do not have accepting families. I think my family would still accept me if I were a lesbian.

♕ ❤  ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (marilyngoodreadscom) I would have thought an 8 year old was too young to know if they were gay.
They're only just learning stuff at that age,they're just babies.Also a 5yr old wouldn't know what a gay was to bully one.

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy Burk (amykaufmanburk) Do you know someone who just came out? Is the family supportive? Does the family have questions or need guidance? I'm working on a series of blog posts to try to help. I posted the first -- "When Your Daughter Or Son Comes Out" https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...
If you have ideas on how to help, I'd love to read your comments.