Class of 2014 discussion

Sold
This topic is about Sold
book review

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karalee Huerta | 27 comments Have you ever been fascinated with a book about realistic fiction? In the book Sold by Patricia McCormick it is about a thirteen year girl named Lakshmi her and her family live up in the mountains were they don’t get much water and supplies they need. In the need of things for them she is sold into prostitution without her knowing she it taken to a man and he takes her to the happiness house in which she is sold and has to have to be a victim of prostitution as well as other girls there. I feel bad for these girls that they are forced to do this or else they will be beat with the belt or with other objects and are harmed really bad. I would recommend this book for people that are mature enough to handle this so like if you are in the age of 13 or 14. Patricia has written many books like Cut, Never fall down, and Purple Heart. She has won the American Library Association Best Book of the Year, New York Public Library Best Book for the Teenaged and the Children’s Literature Council’s Choice for her books.

Xxpedro_velazquezxX | 29 comments I am glad you enjoyed this book as much i did!

message 3: by marisol_lopez (new)

marisol_lopez | 26 comments Karalee, I really look forward to reading the book sold. I have heard that its an awsome but sad book. I hope i can read this book and enjoy it as much as you and pedro have!!