Mythic Scribes discussion

What projects are you working on right now?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Henrietta (new)

Henrietta H | 2 comments Hello all.... What is everyone working on right now?

Currently I am working on a possible revenge fantasy piece. It hasn't completely worked itself out just yet, and I am having a wonderful "discovery writing" process with it. I also don't know how long it is going to be, i.e. short-story, novella, novel.

message 2: by Zero (new)

Zero Richardson (zeroangel) | 12 comments Mod
For fantasy, I'm in the middle of The Warrior's Way, which is a prequel novella to The Throne of Ao and actually leads into the second book as well.

I'm rubbish with deadlines. I had planned for it to be out by the end of February! -_-

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Healy | 16 comments Mod
I'm a short story guy so I usually have at least two stories actively on the go. Right now they are.

In Her Footsteps - A Japanese-Canadian teenager deals living up to mother's legacy as the Magical Girl heroine the Celestial Senshi and learns why those powers were meant only to fight monsters.

Northwest Undead Police - Lois Riel returns from his exile in Montana to find that the Northwest Mounted Police have developed a horrific new weapon. A plague that doesn't let it's victims succumb to mere death.

Katharine (Ventureadlaxre) (skypirate) | 2 comments I'm not working on anything, but I want to, am hoping to get active over on the forums once more.

Over the past many years, I've been working on a novel series about a few groups of Sky Pirates, the government agency against them, and a couple of far-too-intelligent megalomaniacs who are sometimes using, always against them all.

I really want to work on it again, but eh. My muse.

message 5: by Richard (new)

Richard Trying to turn one of my many good(?)ideas into something more than a detailed outline and a couple of chapters.

message 6: by Steven (new)

Steven Devonport | 2 comments I'm currently putting together the fundamentals of the magic for my novel; and I'm trying to decide on the very source of the magic, should it be:

(a) Handed down from the very gods themselves, who require followers and worshipers.

OR

(b) The magic is a natural force that is available to those that are aware of it and have been trained how to control it.

I'm sure I'll get there one or the other!

message 7: by Dave (new)

Dave Robison | 3 comments Setting up the website and gathering interviews for a new podcast - "Literary Alchemy" - focusing on all matters pertaining to the UN-solitary writer! Shared worlds, collaborative writing, writing communities, ANYTHING that involves writers working together and supporting each other creatively will be featured.

This is, of course, in addition to my current podcast The Roundtable Podcast - http://www.roundtablepodcast.com - where we invite writers onto the show to workshop their story ideas with an author or editor (please forgive the shameless self-promotion).

When I will actually make the time to write something remains a mystery, but one that will be solved soon! :D

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I recently finished the first draft of a novel, Dead Man's Party. Now I am revising and editing. It is a ghost story set in a punk rock dive bar. I believe it has potential to grow into a series, and have begun outlines for two more stories with the same setting. I am also pretty excited about another project, however, that is entirely different. It involves superheroes.

message 9: by Martin (new)

Martin Spernau | 2 comments Not really working on it right now (I'm too sick to look straight) but I'm crafting the building blocks for my next Iron Pen Challenge entry. Plud, I re-discovered what may well become my first novel... still in the re-write and re-plan phase mostly.

message 10: by Sachairi (new)

Sachairi (sachairiah) | 2 comments I'm working on a project that I started developing years ago that will have a much more adult edge to it. It is a Sci-Fi/ High Fantasy series that will probably have seven books in total (six in the main story line, and one connected stand alone)

I have the full first draft of book number one done and have been working on editing it for way too long. I'm not sure what's taking me so long because I know what to fix and how to go about doing so. I think I'm scared of the big publishing day? No matter how good the book is, people are really harsh critics.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

message 11: by Jakey (new)

Jakey | 2 comments I'm currently in the phase of coming up with all of the landscaping and realms of my fantasy world (doesn't exactly have a name yet). Its turning out to be quite a bit more work than I thought it would be at first. I relish the challenge and hope to start drafting soon

message 12: by Thomas (last edited Mar 23, 2013 05:25PM) (new)

Thomas Cardin | 10 comments I am doing a final proofread of the last book of my fantasy trilogy, Gifts of Vorallon.

I am also about 6k words into my next fantasy book, The Return of King Levant, which tells the story of a man's death and journey through an unexpected underworld to return to his daughter. I have posted a preview chapter on my blog.

message 13: by Thomas (last edited Jul 19, 2013 10:02AM) (new)

Thomas Cardin | 10 comments Shelved The Return of King Levant for now. I began a character portrait for Falraan, one of the heroines in my Gifts of Vorallon trilogy. The further along I got with it the more she got in my head to tell me her story.

So now I am working on The Fire of Falraan, a story within a story fantasy memoir. It takes place eight months after the events of the trilogy and explores Falraan's history while furthering the worldbuiding of the Vorallon universe.

Almost 17k words in and I am very happy with how it is coming together.

07/19/13 Now up past 70k - The Fire of Falraan will most likely top out over 100k words.

message 14: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 25 comments I am just about to start book 3 of my series. I have changed what I need to do a couple of times but now, I think, I actually have it.

One of the ideas I had may end up as a short story. I also promised a short story for a SFF anthology in the Smashwords group so I should probably do something with that.

message 15: by Joseph (last edited Jul 17, 2013 06:20PM) (new)

Joseph Bailey | 4 comments I am working on two books:

1. Nemesis - A Guide for Antiheroes, Villains, and Archrivals is a short farcical novella giving humorous advice on how villains can thrive in a world where everyone is out to get them. Nemesis is the third book in my Exceptional Advice for Adventurers Everywhere series.

2. The Adventures of an Untried Gnome is a high fantasy focusing on a Gnomish master of Paratechnology (the art of blending magic and technology) trying to create the next great Gnomish invention. The Adventures of an Untried Gnome is set in the same universe as my Chronicles of the Fists trilogy.

message 16: by David (new)

David Fernau (DavidFernau) I'm working on what you might call a basic epic fantasy story, find the evil magical artifact (in this case a spellbook) before the bad guy can use it to cause havoc.

The difference is, my hero is a bookish homebody mage with a weak constitution. :)

message 17: by Glitchieyt (new)

Glitchieyt TTV | 3 comments Still working on Origania, may take a while before I'm done with the first book, hoping to finalize it in a series.

message 18: by Sorcha (new)

Sorcha (SorchaNR) | 1 comments I'm working on a short story collection which is just about finished, along with the first novel in a fantasy trilogy about betrayal, revenge and redemption. I also have another stand-alone novel on the backburner.

message 19: by Atifa (new)

Atifa | 2 comments I'm working on a fantasy novel which i hope is not cliche. I have a handful of finalized chapters done, but I've only posted up two of them here on GR.

message 20: by Juli (new)

Juli (juli_d_revezzo) For me, I'm writing the follow up to a book released in July--the WiP is a historical fantasy romance piece. I'm also working revisions on a paranormal romance/fairy tale piece. :)

message 21: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 25 comments Working on book 3 of my series, plus a couple of anthology pieces.