Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

The Heiress of Winterwood (Whispers on the Moors, #1)
This topic is about The Heiress of Winterwood
Archived Buddy Reads > ❀Elizabeth and Megan❀ The Heiress of Winterwood by Sarah E. Ladd

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (new) - added it

Megan (celtic_girl) | 6293 comments Mod
❀Elizabeth and Megan❀ The Heiress of Winterwood by Sarah E. Ladd

Elizabeth (lizr8900) | 318 comments Oh my gosh, I finally got around to reading the first half of this book! Did you go ahead and finish it? It's so good so far!

message 3: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (new) - added it

No, I didn't finish it yet. I'm almost finished with the first half though, hopefully will be done by Sunday.

Elizabeth (lizr8900) | 318 comments No rush, just let me know. I hope to spend the next day or so flying through Stealing the Preacher =)

message 5: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (new) - added it

:D

message 6: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (new) - added it

I'm really enjoying this story!

Amelia is a great character! I love her devotion to Lucy, how she fought to be able to keep Lucy with her so she could fulfill her promise to Katherine.

Elizabeth (lizr8900) | 318 comments I do like Amelia a lot! The way she stuck to what she believed was right and her friendship and promise to Katherine made me like her even more.

It certainly taking a lot longer than I thought it would for Lucy to go missing!

message 8: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (new) - added it

Sorry, I didn't get an update about this and forgot to check back.

I had forgotten that Lucy went missing - haha! But it is taking a long time! I really hate when back covers let you know about something that doesn't happen until over halfway into a book!

I was disappointed in Jane's advice to Amelia, trying to get her to marry Edward...until she heard Amelia's reasons. Just because William is bad doesn't mean that Graham is exactly the same.

I really don't understand Helena. I thought that she was interested in Edward, yet she keeps trying to push Amelia to stay with him - doesn't make any sense to me.

Elizabeth (lizr8900) | 318 comments I agree, I'm not sure what Helena's deal was trying to keep Amelia to stay with Edward. But her whole family is a little shifty.

I was a little disappointed in Jane too. That seemed judgmental to assume Graham was bad news just because of William.

Speaking of William, have you seen the cover for the next book? I'm looking forward to his story!

message 10: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (new) - added it

Oooooh! I marked it as to-read awhile ago, but don't recall seeing the cover. It. Is. GORGEOUS!

Do you have anything else to discuss? I can't think of anything else.

Elizabeth (lizr8900) | 318 comments Nothing I can think of either. Want to get to work on the second half? I've got two books I need to get read and reviewed for blog tours this month so it may be slow going on my end.

message 12: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (new) - added it

Yes! I have a few books I have to read too so it will probably take me awhile as well.

Elizabeth (lizr8900) | 318 comments I finally got around to finishing this one up! Ready to discuss whenever you are. I really enjoyed the second half of the book!

message 14: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (new) - added it

I'll try to finish it this week. :)