James Patterson Book Club discussion

New James Patterson reader!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine Hey guys!

I was hoping for some advice! I have never read JP before, any suggestions for a first time reader of his work?

Thanks!

ps. I am actually starting on Now you see her, good choice?

message 2: by Maria (new)

Maria Ulery | 68 comments Kiss the girls or along came a spider had me hooked!

message 3: by Cathie (last edited Mar 21, 2013 07:20AM) (new)

Cathie (ckd518) | 4 comments I've been a long-time JP reader (I'm current with both the Alex Cross series and athe Women's Murder Club series). I started reading Now You See Her the other day...while it's a quick read (as are all his books)...I'm feeling kinda ehhhh about this book at this point. Maybe that will change, but if you do not like this book do NOT give up on him. I would recommend Kiss the Girls or Along Came A Spider as well along with the Women's Murder Club series.

Lorrea - WhatChaReadin'? (whatchatreadin) | 98 comments My favorite JP book to date is Guilty Wives. I also liked Kiss the Girls and love the Women's Murder Club. If you're not in a crime kinds of mood Sam's Letters to Jennifer is good one as well.

message 5: by April (new)

April  | 2 comments I say start with the first book of Alex Cross, Along Came A Spider I wasn't too crazy for but you can also start with Kiss the girls like I did :)

message 6: by Phe (new)

Phe I agree with starting with along came a spider and them follow the series from there. it's an amazing series

message 7: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 32 comments Hello I m currently working my way through the women's murder club and just started the 8th confession I seem to be quite behind compared to some people lol! I also didn't find JP till about 6 months ago! I plan to finish the women's murder club then move onto the Alex cross Series as everyone seems to be giving that good reviews.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Suzi wrote: "Hello I m currently working my way through the women's murder club and just started the 8th confession I seem to be quite behind compared to some people lol! I also didn't find JP till about 6 mont..."

Hi Suzi,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the Women's Murder Club series. The 12th installment, 12th of Never, was released just a few weeks ago. So you're getting closer and closer of catching up lol. Wishing you all the best. Happy reading! :)

message 9: by Diane (new)

Diane Bailowich hamburg | 28 comments suzi - dont worry iam on the 8th confession of the womens murder club too iam behind also from the rest i love the womens murder club series...i dont have a whole lotta time on my hands to constently read like alot of people i no i do what i can n when i can to get reading started ..so enjoy n take care

message 10: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 32 comments Diane wrote: "suzi - dont worry iam on the 8th confession of the womens murder club too iam behind also from the rest i love the womens murder club series...i dont have a whole lotta time on my hands to consten..."

Thankyou Diane I have just finished number 8 and moved onto number nine. Thoroughly enjoying them. Look forward to hearing from you again. x

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Suzi wrote: "Diane wrote: "suzi - dont worry iam on the 8th confession of the womens murder club too iam behind also from the rest i love the womens murder club series...i dont have a whole lotta time on my ha..."

Hi Suzi,

I hope you will enjoy The 9th Judgement. As the other books, it is a terrific book. Wishing you all the best. Happy reading! :)

message 12: by Vic (new)

Vic | 89 comments good god yes! new user here. try women's murder club and Alex cross series also any Michael Bennett. let me know

message 13: by Vic (new)

Vic | 89 comments man I should have joined this place forever ago. I love talking to James Patterson fans

message 14: by Maria (new)

Maria Ulery | 68 comments Cool nothing like having people share a common interest

message 15: by Vic (new)

Vic | 89 comments the zoo book I'm reading is super boring. very disappointed thus far

message 16: by Maria (new)

Maria Ulery | 68 comments It gets better I ended up loving it but its not his norm thou but that stuff could really happen scary

message 17: by Dee (new)

Dee | 1 comments yes I found Zoo to be very boring too....I even tried listening to it on tape and that was still just as bad.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi guys,
I hope you don't give up on Zoo. I agree, it is a different direction from your typical Patterson book. But it get's more interesting and entertaining as you get more into the book. Wishing you all the best. Happy reading! :)

P.S. The conflict in the story is an actual global issue occurring nowadays. I won't mention any more details.

message 19: by Jani (last edited Jul 23, 2013 09:40PM) (new)

Jani Rich (janirich) | 7 comments I read Along Came A Spider a couple of months ago and found it a little too drawn out in parts. Just finished Kiss The Girls and thought it was amazing even though I saw the movie years ago. My first JP book was Mary, Mary three years ago and I've been hooked ever since. I've only read the first three of the Women's Murder Club series and have to get a copy of the fourth. I want to read all of his adult books.

message 20: by Maria (new)

Maria Ulery | 68 comments Antonello, I loved zoo my mom and girlfriend did too and I def see your point. jp is writing so manny different things that there is something for everyone. Like Christmas wedding it was nothing like the others calm cool quick read but I have liked them all he is one guy that I know when I read one of his books it won't take me long bc I can't put it down. I also say to each there own Vic if its not for u then it's not! I try to finish books i start but one book by an author i wont name had a horrid book i got 1/2 way n just couldnt finish, ive never had a book so bad but i do try to finish. mHappy reading friends!

message 21: by Vic (new)

Vic | 89 comments im just going to finish it today at work than start nypd red. any comments on that book?

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Jani wrote: "I read Along Came A Spider a couple of months ago and found it a little too drawn out in parts. Just finished Kiss The Girls and thought it was amazing even though I saw the movie years ago. My fi..."

Hi Jani,

I'm certain you will enjoy all his adult novels. I highly recommend you work your way through the Women's Murder Club series. There is a total of 12 novels in the series. Wishing you all the best! Happy reading! :)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Maria wrote: "Antonello, I loved zoo my mom and girlfriend did too and I def see your point. jp is writing so manny different things that there is something for everyone. Like Christmas wedding it was nothing li..."

Hi Maria,
That's the incredible thing about James Patterson. He can deliver and master any book genre. His romantic novels were truly passionate. His mystery novels are simply a page-turner. He took a crack with science fiction with Zoo and I believe he did a remarkable job. His next novel, Mistress, is coming out soon. Can't wait to read it. Wishing you all the best! :)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Vic wrote: "im just going to finish it today at work than start nypd red. any comments on that book?"

Hi Vic,
If you enjoy his other series like Alex Cross, Private, and Michael Bennett, then I have no doubt you will be in a treat with this one. The style and flow is very similar to his mystery novels. Hope you will enjoy it. Happy reading! :)

message 25: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 32 comments Hi guys,
Looking for ideas I am half way through 11th hour and haven't got book twelve yet but am quite happy that I have caught up this far. So where do I go next with JP any suggestions? x

message 26: by Vic (new)

Vic | 89 comments alex cross series!! so many of them

message 27: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Lagimodiere | 4 comments hi i am new to this book club but i am an all time fan of James patterson's books i think i have probably all of them on my kobo.....the only series i didn't care for was the maximum one the others are so good

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Tammie,
Welcome to the group. You're in the right group since you're a huge James Patterson fan. Have you read the Witch & Wizard series and Confessions of a Murder Suspect? They are in the teen genre. You can always give it a try. Wishing you all the best! :)

message 29: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 32 comments Vic wrote: "alex cross series!! so many of them"

Which is the first one?

message 30: by Vic (new)

Vic | 89 comments along came a spider

message 31: by Vic (new)

Vic | 89 comments the series is super addicting but very very good. I read 90% of them in a month. 1 book a day

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I totally agree with Vic. The Alex Cross series is simply addicting and you can't put it down. I'm currently reading his latest, Alex Cross, Run. It is amazing. I'm sure you will enjoy the series. Happy reading! :)

message 33: by Vic (new)

Vic | 89 comments I'm am 5 chapters away from being done. just life keeping me from being done....

message 34: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 32 comments Vic wrote: "the series is super addicting but very very good. I read 90% of them in a month. 1 book a day"

Sorry for the late reply guys thankyou for the recommendations will certainly move in that direction! I am currently getting more time to read at the moment as being made to slow down due to having second baby in just under 7 weeks so early nights etc are leaving plenty of space for cramming in new reads! x

message 35: by Marleen (new)

Marleen Gallagher (marleenbg) | 3 comments Good luck with the new baby :)
I'd recommend any Of JP books lol.. Yet to find one I didn't love x

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

congratulations on your new bundle of love, Suzi.

message 37: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 32 comments Thankyou guys I am hoping this website and group are going to keep me sane after having baby as I think im going to have my hands full with two boys under the age of 2! So reading will be my luxury when I get time!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Reading is medicine for the soul and mind. Wishing you all the best, Suzi! :)

message 39: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 32 comments Antonello wrote: "Reading is medicine for the soul and mind. Wishing you all the best, Suzi! :)"

Thankyou! x

message 40: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 32 comments I have just finished Along came a spider and loved it going straight on to the next one!

message 41: by Jani (new)

Jani Rich (janirich) | 7 comments Be sure to check out the Bennett series, too. I think it's his best!

message 42: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 32 comments Jani wrote: "Be sure to check out the Bennett series, too. I think it's his best!"

that's the next series I think after the alex cross series x

message 43: by Jani (new)

Jani Rich (janirich) | 7 comments It's hard to keep up with them all!

message 44: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 32 comments Jani wrote: "It's hard to keep up with them all!"

I know he has so many new releases I feel very behind it took me a while to catch up on the WMC series and still haven't read the 12th of never now trying to catch up on the Alex Cross Series, its never ending but thoroughly enjoyable just means that my to read list never seems to get any shorter!

message 45: by Anna caitlyn (new)

Anna caitlyn williams | 1 comments maximum ride!! =)

message 46: by Maria (new)

Maria Ulery | 68 comments Along came a spider and kiss the girls are the 2 that hooked me on Patterson.!

message 47: by Vic (new)

Vic | 89 comments so true! alex cross series is just amazing in general

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I completely agree with all of you. It was Along Came a Spider and Kiss the Girls that got me hooked to James Patterson. Just a reminder that his latest installment of the Michael Bennett series, Gone, will be available this Monday (Sept. 30.) I can't wait to read that one. Wishing you all the best. Happy reading! :)

message 49: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 32 comments I have to say that I started kiss the girls this morning and haven't stopped reading all day! x

message 50: by Vic (new)

Vic | 89 comments I was the same way! went thru 1 book a day. had half the series done in a week

« previous 1