City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones question

The Mortal Instruments or The Infernal Devices
deleted member (last edited Mar 20, 2013 02:33PM ) Mar 20, 2013 09:55AM
Just wondering but which Cassandra Clare book series do you prefer:
The Mortal Instruments or The Infernal Devices
And WHY???
OK personally I like The Mortal Instruments a bit more don't know why just do, but the best thing about both book series is MAGNUS!!!!X)

Luna (last edited Mar 20, 2013 11:56AM ) Mar 20, 2013 11:47AM   1 vote
Love both the series, but Hands down its Infernal Devices. I love the whole 1800's London theme.Personally love ( girly warning) when Tessa describes her dresses, I love Tessa character ( not in Clockwork Prince, I'm mad at her ( more or less)right now). I love the Will and Jem Characters, and all the Character gotten me( spoilers: I cheered when Charotte and Henry got rid of their bad thoughts of each other and found love again ( as lame as that sounds), and found out about that she having a child!) I just hope they don't make a movie of it cause I will cry- I wanted to cry when I found out with Mortal Instruments.

Charlotte (last edited Apr 22, 2013 03:28PM ) Apr 22, 2013 03:28PM   0 votes
Infernal Devices. Hands down. Much fewer insufferable characters, funnier jokes, an altogether better plot AND ending. And better writing, I daresay.

I love The Infernal Devices better. I love both Will and Jace, but Will more. I love the history in that area that is mentioned, the way they all dress, the way they talk. I also think that some of the issues are a lot less superficial and everything. For example, Simon having the issue of dating Izzy and Maia at the same time. Sorry, that is just so cheesy and childish to me. I know that it happens in real life, but I don't care. Things like that don't come up in the Infernal Devices. TID seems to be for a slightly more mature audience and I love it!!!!

Definatly Infernal Devices!

I can't really pick because they're quite different.I love both..'cause MAGNUS ;)

I absolutely loved both series! It's so hard to choose because they are both awesome, and you can't help but fall in love with the characters. I would have to say that "The Infernal Devices" would be my preference because I can't stop thinking about Will, Tessa, and Jem. However, I am planning to read both series over again, so my opinion may change. I'll have to get back to you!

deleted member Mar 25, 2013 03:50PM   0 votes
Mortal instruments because they are not only longer and more in depth but also more interesting and relate more to our daily lives. The Infernal Devices are in old London and there is very little to be able to empathize with the characters and that kind of sets me apart from the characters. The Mortal Instruments will absorb me in to the shadow hunting world. The Infernal Devices just can't compare when it comes to that. I too easily snap out of reading mode.

deleted member Mar 21, 2013 08:26AM   0 votes
Most people I talk to say TID but mine are TMI!!! they are my favorite books of all time!

I absolutely adore both series, but I would probably say The Mortal Instruments because I understand the characters in TMI better than in TID.

Avani (last edited Mar 20, 2013 12:41PM ) Mar 20, 2013 12:41PM   0 votes
I prefer The Mortal Instruments. I prefer its characters and setting to TID's.

Infernal Devices. i love the period setting. i like imagining their dresses and love the way they talk. and the story is better and darker, it's full of mysteries.

Defiantly INFERNAL DEVICE!!!! SHORT AND SWEET!!!!

I love both. However, I will say I think Infernal Devices was better written. Perhaps because she knew exactly where it was headed, whereas with TMI she was still hashing out the story (that is not what she herself has claimed, it's merely conjecture on my part.) I prefer the characters in TMI but TID's writing and composition was better executed, in my opinion

I love both, but I'd have to go with The Infernal Devices. As for why, I think it's a combination of a lot of things. For one, I enjoyed the time and the setting, I love London, and the fact that it was set in the 1800's just gave it a unique feel. I loved all the characters immediately. Some if not most of the TMI characters took time to grow on me, or just to develop more concrete personalities (Simon, Alec, and Isabelle come to mind, I love them now but didn't have strong feelings towards them until probably COG). They're both amazing, but I feel more emotionally invested in TDI as a story, and in the characters individually.

I haven't read The Mortal Instruments, yet. But I really do adore The Infernal Devices, I LOVE WILL! And Jem and Tessa are cute together :D

The Mortal Instruments because of Jace and IDK THEY ARE JUST BRILLIANT! But I do lovelovelove The Infernal Devices!! I am so sad it ended but it was a beautful series <3

Sydney (last edited Mar 25, 2013 09:54PM ) Mar 25, 2013 03:21PM   0 votes
I read Infernal Devices first and I was blown away at how awesome it was. I got so excited about reading the Mortal Instruments series, but I will admit, I was disappointed. The ending of Infernal Devices was so cool, how it ends just like Tessa's daydream of her and Jem talking on a bridge. Also, I love the time period in which Infernal Devices was placed in, when she is describing the dresses and how to be proper. And! I love Will and Jem soooooooo much! I mean, they seem to connect with Tessa so much more than Jace and Clary. The whole parabatai thing makes it seem so intense, since Will and Jem cant love Tessa without hurting each other! So, I definitely liked reading Infernal Devices better.

Chloe (last edited Mar 26, 2013 06:17AM ) Mar 26, 2013 06:17AM   0 votes
I like the Mortal Instruments WAY better..BECAUSE there is no complicated love life. I know a lot of people like complicated love triangles, but I am not one of them. Infernal Devices are like, way too twisted. Will and Jem are both really good characters. Somebody is going to break their hearts into little, tiny winy pieces. I don't care if you think me as a person that just wants a easy life. Whatever. I do not care. And of course, I don't really care about the Mortal Instruments contents, I'm only loving and reading it because of MALEC. Honestly, I don't CARE about Jace and Clary unless they are dead. But Alec and Magnus..they have to get back together!! They have to!!

Ashley Well, it was complicated when Clary thought Jace was her brother, and tried to be with Simon.
Mar 27, 2013 05:33AM · flag