I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell (Tucker Max, #1) I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell discussion


93 views
Please enlighten me with your opinions on this book, author, topic

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley Anyone else think these girls deserved to be treated this way?


Holden Wears it's disgusting but it's comedy. i have six sisters and a single mom so of course i don;t agree with it. i don;t recommend it but it's on my list of books i've read.


Nichole Deserved? Probably Not. But considering the adults they are and that they allowed themselves to be treated that way, I guess they WANTED to be treated that way. But what can I say? There's not a lot of intelligent people out there and Tucker sure knows this and knows how to prey and use the least intelligent ones.


Holden Wears now now. just because some people are vulnerable doesn't mean you have to prey on them. I know it sounds hypocritical for me to say this since I read the book and to be perfectly honest, I skipped some pages because they were not funny, but Tucker takes douchebag to another level.


Ashley Have you ever gone to his website and looked at the dating post he had before the books? The girls knew he was a douchebag before they met him.


Holden Wears I'm not quite sure what you are trying to get at Ms Ashley. From your original post, you seemed very irate and now you seem to be in agreement with with Ms. Nichole. Please enlighten me.


Ashley Um no idea what you are talking about


Holden Wears @Ashley: I was referring to you original post: "Please enlighten me with your opinions on this book, author, topic...anyone else thinks these women deserved to be treated this way?" I guess I just misconstrued your questions. I thought I was going to get a good ass-whopping because I read this book. Now i see you rated it 5 stars so I'm assuming no ass-whooping coming my way :)


Ashley I just started a thread. I'm not looking to bash anyone for their opinion just want to here different views.


Emily Kirmse I LOVE Tucker Max, he made me laugh more than any other author I have ever read. It's not like he was TRYING to insult people when he wrote his books, he was simply trying to share his experiences and give people a good laugh.


message 11: by Mike (new) - rated it 1 star

Mike I got douche chills from reading that book.


Maralis Martinez I think most of the girls he slept were not taking this guy seriously. From his behavior they probably knew this guy was not "boyfriend" material. He was certainly not romancing these girls to fall in love with him. The book is very entertaining.


Nichole Like the others said, most of the girls already knew what kind of guy he was. They either found it attractive, didn't care because he was somewhat famous, or were just clueless. He has quite a load of groupies, whom are the ones that end up in probably 90% of his stories. Plus, he asks permission before sharing the stories... and I also heard he possibly exaggerated some of the stories to make them more hilarious. Either way, I think his stories are hilarious... especially in this book, as opposed to the ones published after it.


Holden Wears @Marallis: So you're saying he was being played? Nice! I think he is so hot though.


Holden Wears @nicole: What about the ones in the book? Did they know he was such a douche? I know it sounds hypocritical but he's not a nice guy. But I'm sure this is all for entertainment purposes. And I repeat, he is an incredibly good-looking guy.


Ashley @holden. Read her first sentence of her last comment.


message 17: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 28, 2013 06:57AM) (new)

Let me see if I understand this correctly.

Let's say these stories are partially true; because a young woman had a few drinks and wanted to have a fling she deserves to be secretly video taped and her story exploited by the person she slept with only have it circulated by a major publisher?

So, I guess if she was raped she would have deserved that as well?

These books do nothing more than further the stereotype that women are gullible fools who are attracted to abusive assholes.


Nichole @Ayhan, my bad. I did mean to say not all stories had permission, but a good majority did. If a story does not have permission, the writer usually has to change the name and location and basic facts like that to avoid being sued. I think he wrote about the girl that sued him in one of his later books and how she pretty much only sued him to "protect her reputation."

@Paul, rape is another issue. Tucker is actually NOT asshole-ish enough to rape women. His rudeness really only goes as far as what we've read. And I wasn't aware there's a stereotype that all women are gullible and like assholes.... but I was aware there ARE a lot of GIRLS that like assholes. It comes down to psychology and how many have a complete lack of self-esteem which enables them to be around ANY kind of guy that gives them attention, no matter how much of a douche he is and no matter how stupid it makes her look.


Ashley He was an asshole start to finish when picking up girls. Most of them thought it was funny. Sorry but if you're a guy and think cocky asshole talking/acting is funny and still feel the need to hook up with the guy. Something is wrong with you. Every girl deserved it.


Ashley As a girl if a guy disrespects you, you don't go back for more. If you dress like a slut well be prepared to be called one.


Ashley I stated my opinion and don't feel the need to explain myself any further. You are thinking too hard about this.


Ashley Was that English?


Ashley You've turned this into a debate. You're also bringing religion into the discussion. I'm no longer interested discussing this topic with you.


message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 28, 2013 10:18AM) (new)

Nichole wrote: "@Paul, rape is another issue. Tucker is actually NOT asshole-ish enough to rape women. His rudeness really only goes as far as what we've read. And I wasn't aware there's a stereotype that all women are gullible and like assholes.... but I was aware there ARE a lot of GIRLS that like assholes. It comes down to psychology and how many have a complete lack of self-esteem which enables them to be around ANY kind of guy that gives them attention, no matter how much of a douche he is and no matter how stupid it makes her look. "

Yes, there is a stereotype that women are attracted to assholes. You know where the saying nice guys finish last comes from? It's pretty much common knowledge that this stereotype exists.

So, it's girls and not women who are attracted to assholes? So women who are stuck in an abusive relationship are girls and not women? Glad we cleared that up. I guess we should tell the woman in her late thirties who's afraid to leave her husband because he might kill her that she's a girl and not a woman.

Ashley wrote: "He was an asshole start to finish when picking up girls. Most of them thought it was funny. Sorry but if you're a guy and think cocky asshole talking/acting is funny and still feel the need to hook..."

Rapists say the same thing. Abusive spouses say that shit, too. "She should have ______ and I wouldn't have _______."

It's a scary mentality that the two of you are projecting.

Ashley wrote: "I stated my opinion and don't feel the need to explain myself any further. You are thinking too hard about this."

I don't think you are thinking hard enough.

I wonder how the two of you would react if you slept someone and they secretly recorded it and put it all over the internet. Is that person absolved of blame because he or she is an asshole? Would it be your fault because you shouldn't have ______?

But hey, as long as some morons are entertained, who cares, right?


Ashley Wow everyone is taking this way too seriously.


message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, you're right. Cheering on a sexual predator who preys on drunk girls to exploit their intimate moments for monetary gain shouldn't really be taken seriously.


Ashley Omg


Nichole You guys are insane. Are you the "nice guys that finish last"? Cause they're usually the ones that hate the guys that finish first.

Me and Ashley are NOT saying what he does is right or justified. We're saying most of the girls he wrote about, obviously didn't care what he was doing to them. In fact, they are probably the "assholes" of the female species. As for the innocent ones, what can I say? His behavior towards them was no different them a person that sits around talking behind someones back, calling someone fat, or stupid, or simply just being rude. He was simply being mean like 90% of Americans... except he happened to WRITE about it while everyone is keeping theirs secret or between a friend they shit-talk with.

@Paul, I say girls and instead of women, because in some sense, being a women means being mature and grown up. Staying with an asshole, is an immature response, regardless of any kind of fears revolving around it. There are always ways to get help if the situation got too far.

Needless to say, you guys really gotta chill. Trying to make it sound like anyone that found Tucker's book funny secretly approves of rape or some stupid shit, is moronic.


Ashley Ahyan or whatever you're name is you are being downright rude. Or should I say an asshole. Please keep your opinions to yourself if you cannot respect the other people in the thread.


Ashley Wow calling names is not nice. You are not a nice person. And ending every post with this is English just shows how rude you truly are. I am listening to everyone's opinion. You are turning this into a debate and being rude with your responses.


Ashley I value your opinion but I will not stoop to your level in responses. I will not respond to you anymore either.


message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Nichole wrote: "You guys are insane. Are you the "nice guys that finish last"? Cause they're usually the ones that hate the guys that finish first."

Oh of course, I'm not a fan of Tucker Max and think he is human garbage so I must be jealous of him. Are you ten years old?

Where did you get your figures from that leads you to believe that 90% of people in the US are mean? That's a pretty stupid thing to say, especially for a person who tried to lecture me on psychology. You really should know better.

You and Ashley have been making excuses for this idiot man-child's exploits, even going as far as blaming the girls he bedded or attempted to bed for what he himself did. Do you know what that is called? You know psychology, right? Stay with me here; VICTIM BLAMING.

And yes, the language that has been tossed around here can be compared to that of rape apologists. Do you know what a trauma trigger is? Of course you do, you study psychology. A trauma trigger is something that brings back a traumatic memory, and victim blaming is a trigger.

Nichole wrote: "@Paul, I say girls and instead of women, because in some sense, being a women means being mature and grown up. Staying with an asshole, is an immature response, regardless of any kind of fears revolving around it. There are always ways to get help if the situation got too far."

Yeah, I think you need to grow up. If you think everything is in black and white like this it leads me to believe that you live a pretty sheltered existence. I actually pity you right now.


Ashley This thread will be removed soon because a few people are taking it too far. Some of the comments are unnecessary. And a few people are resorting to degrading others than to value their opinion. So enjoy the thread while it lasts.


message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Ashley wrote: "Ashley This thread will be removed soon because a few people are taking it too far. Some of the comments are unnecessary. And a few people are resorting to degrading others than to value their opinion. So enjoy the thread while it lasts. "

Yeah, I mean, it would be so much better if we were all of one opinion in blaming the women Tucker slept with and bro-fisting each other.


Holden Wears Oh man. This is supposed to be fun discussion. But let me say what i think about this whole thing. Just because a girl puts on a sexy outfit makes her a slut. We can't really judge people on how they dress. I thought the stories were funny and I actually feel horrible for laughing but we all know he's a douche. I did not even read the part about punching the girl in the crotch and if anyone thinks getting physical with someone with the intent to hurt that person is reprehensible. I cannot fathom anyone especially a woman to actually say that they deserve any of this.


Holden Wears @Nichole: "You guys are insane. Are you the "nice guys that finish last"? Cause they're usually the ones that hate the guys that finish first."

Well that phrase is so old and trite. Yes I am nice guy but how can we finish last when we're not even playing the game. And we don;t hate guys like Tucker or this so called "winners", we feel bad for them. He's a train wreck.


Holden Wears Ayhan wrote: "You say that you and Ashley are not saying what he does right or justified yet turn around and try to justify his actions.

"We're saying most of the girls he wrote about, obviously didn't care wh..."


Ayhan wrote: "You say that you and Ashley are not saying what he does right or justified yet turn around and try to justify his actions.

"We're saying most of the girls he wrote about, obviously didn't care wh..."


Ayhan and Paul, I agree with both you but let's chill all right. Nichole and Ashley, you have to at least admit that some of these women were wronged and did not deserve what they got. What if one of you dated a guy and secretly videotaped your intimate moments and spread rumors that pretty much stripped you of your humanity? I bet you will be singing a different tune.


Ashley Sorry I have never been with a guy who was a douche in the beginning when we met. And the minute he becomes a douchbag I left him. I don't let guys disrespect me. Have some brains. If you're stupid enough to put yourself in that situation get out and don't go back for more.


Joshua Knechtel I normally wouldn't respond in a thread about to go off the rails, but thought I'd add my thoughts anyway.

I am quasi-embarrassed to admit, I read the first 3 books. I have a sick sense of humor and I found them morbidly entertaining. I don't believe half of what is in the stories. I most certainly don't look up to this guy and can't possibly understand women who would be attracted to these kind of guys. I am certainly no fan of his.

I think in the end of the books, his loneliness and unhappiness in his life starts to show through in vivid technicolor. So after all the fame, attention, etc, he is essentially admitting that he is miserable and unhappy and wants real love. Its almost like a cliche hollywood flick where the protagonist gains all the power/money/fame/sex they want and are still completely empty.

And I don't think anyone of the women desire to be treated like they were. Shame on him. Shame on them for going for him when they know he is such a piece of ****.


back to top