Horror Aficionados discussion

Endurance (Afraid, #3)
This topic is about Endurance
Buddy Reads > Endurance by Jack Kilborn (spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Kate | 3519 comments The reading group is:

Addy
Kate
Tiffany
Cindy
Melissa

Cindy | 728 comments I just got my copy today!! Yay!! Gonna start reading this weekend. So here we go!!! Fun!!!

message 3: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I started reading yesterday :) So far, I'm liking it!

Addy | 4989 comments Gonna start tonight. Can't wait!

Cindy | 728 comments I am a few pages in...gonna get back to it!! Probably will read it off and on during the weekend. Between all the other stuff I am reading. I love weekends!!

Addy | 4989 comments Lol. This is kinda funny. I was reading about Maria and how she had placed her suitcase on the bed. Then I read that she put the suitcase on the bed again. Totally thought it was a typo, but it wasn't. So creepy! Good start to this book.

Cindy | 728 comments Yeah... I think I am going to like this one. Have never read anything by this author before. I have a good, creepy feeling...lol

Kate | 3519 comments Only 4% in but this is going to be another Konrath cracker ;)

Addy | 4989 comments I hope everyone has been introduced to Deb, cause I really like her. I think its a neat concept to have someone with her challenges in a horror book.

message 10: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I'm at 30%. Let me know when u guys get there. I couldn't help but continue to read cause of the suspense, otherwise I would have stopped at 25%.

Cindy | 728 comments I am on page 90, don't know what percentage that is. lol I am dumb in math. I guess that's about 25%. Can anyone say "Wrong Turn". Oh my lord!! West Virgina!!! Fun!!! Yes, Deb is interesting and the stuff about all of her legs was just so interesting. the things they can do now... I had never even thought about the stuff...

message 12: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I'm probably going to fall behind on this one. A crazy professor decided to add several readings and an impromptu paper this week (none of which appear at all on the syllabus!) so I'll probably be drowning in school work. I'll try to check back in once I've had time to read the book :)

message 13: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments "roast him on hot coals." Is that a reference to Trapped? Lol!

Cindy | 728 comments I have a lot of uneasiness about Deb. Especially because of her missing legs...I can just imagine that it will get pretty ugly. She is extra vulnerable. And that really creeps me out. I guess we will just see...

message 15: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 3519 comments I'm very behind on my reading but have a long weekend coming up to catch up with you guys. Just post whenever you're ready and I'll catch up with you soon.

Cindy | 728 comments We will be here when you guys are ready!! I think it is going at a pretty good rate. There's not much mystery to it, but a lot of action. Different from Island. Btw...I will never stay at an Inn like that!! oh and believe the ex cop who said someone shot out your tires!!!! lol

message 17: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Wow. Letti's journal reading days are over. How creepy! I totally would have flipped reading that journal...ew and the blood was a nice touch.

Cindy | 728 comments ooooh haven't gotten there yet!!! omg I am soooo intrigued...can't wait!!

message 19: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Its getting very good Cindy...i can't stop reading!! What do u think in terms of surviving? I hope they all do because I love all of the hotel guests...especially Deb and Mal. I'm being unrealistic though...

Cindy | 728 comments oh jeez... I have no inkling...gonna do some more reading tonight..I don't think I am as far as you are. I am just at the point where Maria is in the room with the dog. That was very tense...excited to read more...and I do like Deb and Mal.

Cindy | 728 comments Oh. I just got the the journal...I am starting that part now!!!!

message 22: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 3519 comments Okay, I'm up to 28%. Is Mal a good guy or a bad guy? I hope good.
I like Debs character, she's really tough and her story about how she lost her legs was eye watering.
I like Florence too and wonder what the deal is with her daughter and why their relationship is damaged.

message 23: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Mal is a good guy. Love him, but I'm at a part where I don't have much hope for him...cross your fingers. You will find out about Florence and Letti too, but I wonder if there is more to the story...

Cindy | 728 comments I actually don't care too much for Letti and Florence...not much going on there yet I guess. But, yeah I see why there relationship sucks. I am never going to West Virgina tho.. haha

Cindy | 728 comments Irony--that Eleanor didn't want Deb in the Inn cuz she was "sick"...funny...if she had only known...

message 26: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 3519 comments Cindy you crack me up :D

Cindy | 728 comments Thank you Kate!! I do try...lol

message 28: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 3519 comments I'm up to 47% now and just finished the journal part and also the part where Deb and Mal have just said goodnight.
I'm liking Florence a little less now with what happened with Lettis hubby but you're right Addy there's probably more to the story.
Did you guys see that 'Rusty Nail' is free on ammy at the moment. Here's the link
http://www.amazon.com/Rusty-Nail-Thri...

message 29: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 3519 comments Oh, loving JD. He's a hero :)

Cindy | 728 comments I am about 50% done! Yeah, I do think that dog is my favorite character. Not too crazy about Florence either. I dunno...I kinda like Maria's brother Cam... breaking fingers and whatnot...I was like Yay!! lol

message 31: by Kate (last edited Mar 30, 2013 11:03PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 3519 comments I have a feeling it will end badly for Cam, he seems a little expendable.
You just knew the sheriff was going to be in on it. He's probably the father of all those mutants or Eleanor's brother or something.
How could 500 people go missing in an area and it not be flagged for a bigger investigation by authorities. Bizarre.

Cindy | 728 comments Yeah...well I am sure that you are right about Cam...but I still enjoy him...lol...he's all psycho!! And that is kind of what you need to be in situations like this. You can't play around... I did also like the touch at the beginning at the other hotel with the creepy manager, giving Deb the gun finger. If some hotel manager would ever do that to me, I don't think that I would go where he says...lol

message 33: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 3519 comments Yeah, creepy. You have to wonder how many of the town people are in on it.

message 34: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Thanks Kate! Think I'll grab that. I can't get enough of Kilborn. I've loved everything I've read from him so far. So it is kinda weird about the hotel manager giving Deb the gun sign. I think the whole town is in on it. I also love Cam. He's crazy, but u kinda have to be when ur dealing with these psycho rednecks. I do think he'll go down but in an honorable way. Florence is kinda unlikable, but she sure is hard as nails. When u guys get there, who do u think punched Deb in the face? Its kind if a cliffhanger, but I got a good guess.

message 35: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 3519 comments Do you know what % you are at Addy. I think I'm sitting on about 54%. I'm at the part where Felix has been left at the cave.
I can probably get a lot more read tomorrow if you want to finish it soon.

message 36: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Yeah I'm at 61%. I could finish by tomorrow night.

Cindy | 728 comments Kate wrote: "Yeah, creepy. You have to wonder how many of the town people are in on it."

I think it is the WHOLE DAMN town!! lol

Cindy | 728 comments Deb is in the crawl space... that is where I am at. Don't know how much I will get done today..I'll see..but y'all go on...I'll catch up.

Cindy | 728 comments Just read a chunk...man...think that they picked the wrong guests this time!! At least it looks like they might have a small chance...I am on page 202. Cam just killed the lady's husband. Looking forward to the next thing. Also it looks like Cam is becoming a more important character...they are lucky he is there.. I think...

message 40: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I'm at 71% and my phone's gonna die...man, just when Florence is surrounded by freaks...I almost wanted to laugh! Kate, u are a fast reader. I don't think I'll finish today.

Cindy | 728 comments I won't finish either....but that's ok...we are gonna get there!!!

message 42: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 3519 comments I'm finished. The long weekend has been great as I've finished a few reads and started a couple more.
Isn't it annoying when you have to stop at a cliff hanger.;)
For me this story really got good in the last half, I couldn't put it down.

Cindy | 728 comments Go Kate!! You are a marvel!!

message 44: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 3519 comments Thanks Cindy ;)
I have to get as much reading done before I start Uni again in a couple of weeks time. A fulltime job and part time study will seriously cut down on my reading time. :(

Cindy | 728 comments ugh...I know...life getting in the way of reading...lol Well, I need to get on the ball and finish it too.

Cindy | 728 comments Page 240. I kind of thought the whole president thing interesting...how delusional, insane Eleanor thinks one of her icky offspring will be president...it's kind of funny and very nutso!!! :)

message 47: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 3519 comments To be honest if they have bloodlines from European royalty then they're bound to be nuts. Lol
Very delusional.

Cindy | 728 comments very very true Kate!! These deformaties described in the book are way off the charts!! My goodness!!! The next one worse than the last!!

message 49: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 3519 comments I wonder how many of Eleanor's kids were from incest? Out of the three books I think this has been the sickest.

Cindy | 728 comments Are the other books the same characters??? I've never read any of his other stuff.

« previous 1