Graphic Novel Reading Group discussion

Non-superhero GNs/Comic Books > The Private Eye by Brian Vaughan

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by 'kris (new)

'kris Pung | 135 comments Did anybody else see that Brian Vaughan is putting out a new digital comic?

http://panelsyndicate.com/

message 2: by Peter (new)

Peter | 150 comments Yes! I think its an awesome experiment.
They are allowing you to pay whatever you want. Cut out the middle men, just pay the creators for their work, whatever you think its worth!

message 3: by 'kris (new)

'kris Pung | 135 comments I just plunked down some cash and it's a great read, well worth the price of admission.

message 4: by Wesley (new)

Wesley (wgk333) | 119 comments Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the group. The first issue is an excellent read with great art. I look forward to more in the series.

message 5: by Dale (last edited Mar 28, 2013 02:59PM) (new)

Dale (cmpn) I will buy anything that Brian K. Vaughan releases. This is a great precedent for digital comics, and I happily overpaid, in order to support this move with my wallet.

Like most BKV, the premise is brilliant. I love the art and the story already has its hooks in me. I'm looking forward to seeing where this thing goes.

message 6: by 'kris (new)

'kris Pung | 135 comments Wahoo the 2nd issue is out now and the story is gaining momentum .

message 7: by Mike Briggs (new)

Mike Briggs (mikebriggs) I've rather enjoyed other things by Vaughan.

But . . . but journalists with search warrant power? Paparazzi as heroes? Made my skin crawl.

message 8: by 'kris (new)

'kris Pung | 135 comments Mike wrote: "I've rather enjoyed other things by Vaughan.

But . . . but journalists with search warrant power? Paparazzi as heroes? Made my skin crawl."

LOL
I'm a big fan of the tattooed grandpa from the 1st issue.

message 9: by 'kris (new)

'kris Pung | 135 comments Gramps is back and this is the best one yet IMHO. I'm so hoping they bundle this up into a book when it's over.

message 10: by Sam (new)

Sam Quixote (samquixote) Been a while since #3 hasn't it? I saw they put out a behind the scenes issue which was interesting but I'm hoping this series doesn't languish.

message 11: by 'kris (new)

'kris Pung | 135 comments Sam wrote: "Been a while since #3 hasn't it? I saw they put out a behind the scenes issue which was interesting but I'm hoping this series doesn't languish."

Yes it's way past time for the 4th download.

message 12: by Sam (new)

Sam Quixote (samquixote) Issue #4 out now!

message 13: by 'kris (new)

'kris Pung | 135 comments Sam wrote: "Issue #4 out now!"

Really liked this issue!

message 14: by Sam (new)

Sam Quixote (samquixote) Yeah me too! Blown away by the art once again, love the story - best thing Vaughan's writing at the moment.

message 15: by 'kris (new)

'kris Pung | 135 comments Agreed the art is fantastic and the story is very original

message 16: by 'kris (new)

'kris Pung | 135 comments #5 is out now and it's pretty amazing

message 17: by 'kris (new)

'kris Pung | 135 comments #6 is out and I can't wait to read it.

message 18: by 'kris (new)

'kris Pung | 135 comments #7 is up for downloading now.

message 19: by 'kris (new)

'kris Pung | 135 comments #8 is out now

message 20: by Scott (new)

Scott (scottbabb) | 10 comments #9 is out now! Fyi