Dragons, dragons and-you guessed it, dragons! discussion

Dragon Stories and Poems > Song of the Cicada God

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (last edited Mar 20, 2013 12:54AM) (new)

L'Poni (lponi) | 245 comments Mod
Lodate il cicala Santo
Lodate il cicala santa
Lodate il cicala santa
Si prega di lode

All around in the sky the cicadas sing for life
(All around the cicadas sing high up in their trees)
The trees, o the trees give way to Cicadian rhythm

Happy we are to sing and dance with the cicada's grace
Sway and sway and give that dance all you've got

The Song of Cicadas, sung at this very fair,
Celebrates the very rare delicacies in life

Fly, like the cicadas with their quadruple wings
Sing, with your precious delicate voice
Live, dance and celebrate your special life
Fly like the cicadas on their delicate wings

Love like the cicada, love like the dragons, love like the wasps, love like the humans.
(Venite avanti, prezioso cicala. Noi vogliamo cantare e ballare. Abbiamo a cuore le delizie della vita. Creiamo la canzone che canta.)

Fly, like the cicadas with their quadruple wings
Sing, with your precious delicate voice
Live, dance and celebrate your special life
Fly like the cicadas on their delicate wings

Love like the cicada, love like the dragons, love like the wasps, love like the humans.
(Venite avanti, prezioso cicala. Noi vogliamo cantare e ballare. Abbiamo a cuore le delizie della vita. Creiamo la canzone che canta.)

Venite avanti, prezioso cicala. Noi vogliamo cantare e ballare. Abbiamo a cuore le delizie della vita. Creiamo la canzone che canta

Notes
Another Shimotuki-inspired song! Inspired by her medieval song, Hajimari no Uta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JboqY...

This one I plan on using in Dragon Spire.
Whenever I think of a Fantasy/Sci-Fi crossed series, I think that one genre is usually bigger than the other (ie a Fantasy crossed with Sci Fi story has more Fantasy than Sci Fi). I want a balance with genres in the book version of Dragon Spire, and I always wanted to write a political thriller that didn't feel like a thriller (I don't like political thrillers that feel too modern and not creative with the world its set in).

Italian parts translated:

First part: Praise the Holy cicada
Praise the holy cicada
Praise the holy cicada
Please praise.

Google says: Come on, precious cicada. We want to sing and dance. We care about the delights of life. We create the song he sings.
I say: Come forth, precious cicada. We want to sing and dance. We cherish the delicacies of life. We create the song he sings.

Cicadas are seen as a symbol of divine-ness in TSODR and are sacred to dragons and other anomalies (except humans).

message 3: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

Althea *Go wolves/dragons and Percabeth* wrote: "Awesome!"

Thank you~!

message 5: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

Althea *Go wolves/dragons and Percabeth* wrote: "Your welcome^-^"

Are you going to participate in Dragon Spire?

message 6: by Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) (last edited Mar 21, 2013 05:37AM) (new)

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (eiyah_fantasyfreak) | 149 comments Mod
L'Poni wrote: "Althea *Go wolves/dragons and Percabeth* wrote: "Your welcome^-^"

Are you going to participate in Dragon Spire?"

I'll...try...You have a very creative mind...

message 7: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

Althea *Go wolves/dragons and Percabeth* wrote: "L'Poni wrote: "Althea *Go wolves/dragons and Percabeth* wrote: "Your welcome^-^"

Are you going to participate in Dragon Spire?"

I'll...try...You have a very creative mind..."

Thank you~! If its too daunting, you don't have to write anything spectacular to participate.

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (eiyah_fantasyfreak) | 149 comments Mod
Aw...thanks! And your welcome!

message 9: by Cole (new)

Cole (spectyr333) | 738 comments Mod
My head is spinning just thinking about the Spire!! Out of excitement and trepidation for fear I won't have as much time needed to really get into this... We will see!

message 10: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

Cole wrote: "My head is spinning just thinking about the Spire!! Out of excitement and trepidation for fear I won't have as much time needed to really get into this... We will see!"

Slow down and take a deep breath.

message 11: by Cole (new)

Cole (spectyr333) | 738 comments Mod
O...K....
:)