The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

This happened to me the other day

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grant (new)

Grant | 25 comments I was telling someone about the book I am
Reading and how it is affecting me and what was happening in the book, and they said "that book is getting too into you". Well i thought that's what reading is about.... to get, and be involved and be like experiencing the story..... I wonder I Thu happens to anyone else as You are telling someone about books you are reading.......ahhhhh I just love to read...

message 2: by Reaghan (new)

Reaghan | 52 comments Yes, that always happens to me!

message 3: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Yep that always happens to me too. That's exactly what the point of reading is. One day a person came up to me and asked what the point of reading was... *facepalm Honestly I feel really sorry for people who don't enjoy reading because they're missing out on so much.

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Hargraves | 94 comments Yes, pretty much everyone in my family since the time I was a little kid has been so "condescendingly understanding" of my little book reading hobby.

message 5: by DENISA (new)

DENISA HOWE | 115 comments I am bad to let the characters live on a little while longer in my mind...

message 6: by Jill (new)

Jill (socalreaderjill) | 2 comments Sometimes I will be talking to someone about this awesome "movie" I saw a while back but keep blanking on the name....and then it hits me, it was a really awesome book I once read, not a movie at all. The person looks at me like: oh.... Their loss for not wanting to experience reading like it should be experienced! haha

message 7: by Bread (new)

Bread (etchmaymay) | 30 comments Yes! When I read I get into the story, time flies by and it's like I've been transported into the world in which the characters are. You feel their pain and you feel their happiness! I never understood how someone could hate reading when I've always loved it!

message 8: by Michael (last edited Mar 21, 2013 01:50AM) (new)

Michael (lovechild) | 280 comments I love the following image and think it fit with what you were saying Grant

description

I know after I have finished a book that just wreaked me sometimes, I just can't convey as well as I like, what it felt like. =)

message 9: by Yassemin (new)

Yassemin (yas666) | 56 comments Michael wrote: "I love the following image and think it fit with what you were saying Grant

I know after I have finished a book that just wreaked me sometimes, I just can't convey as well as I like, what it ..."

LOVE THAT. So apt as well.

message 10: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (sinfullykarmatic) Michael wrote: "I love the following image and think it fit with what you were saying Grant

I know after I have finished a book that just wreaked me sometimes, I just can't convey as well as I like, what it ..."

That is how you know you have read a great book!

message 11: by Jacklyn (new)

Jacklyn (jackie-lynn) | 6 comments when I read its always played out in my mind... If that mmkes sense.. I also get attached to characters, especially in a series of books.. It takes me a while to get back to the real world once I stop...

message 12: by Grant (new)

Grant | 25 comments Denisa wrote: "I am bad to let the characters live on a little while longer in my mind..."

Oh this is what happens with me. What happens in a book that I read, kinda lives and affects me, Its kinda nice that it is like this, I seem to experience a book so much more. And so often something happens in life with someone and I find myself telling people oh this book I am reading says.......

message 13: by Grant (new)

Grant | 25 comments Michael wrote: "I love the following image and think it fit with what you were saying Grant

That captures it perfectly Michael, it's like reading gives such a clue into things..... I say don't these people know what is happening..... I get all these ideas and emotions and I try to share or convey them..... And they just aren't there...... sheesh....

message 14: by Erin (new)

Erin Whenever anyone says to me, "Oh, I don't read," I instantly think, "There's something wrong with you!"

message 15: by Yassemin (new)

Yassemin (yas666) | 56 comments Erin wrote: "Whenever anyone says to me, "Oh, I don't read," I instantly think, "There's something wrong with you!""

LOL!

message 16: by Michael (new)

Michael (lovechild) | 280 comments Erin wrote: "Whenever anyone says to me, "Oh, I don't read," I instantly think, "There's something wrong with you!""

Haha thank you Erin, every morning should start with a good laugh. =)

message 17: by Mekerei (new)

Mekerei | 37 comments "Erin wrote: "Whenever anyone says to me, "Oh, I don't read," I instantly think, "There's something wrong with you!"

I wish I could convince non-readers what they are missing in their life. But they must be missing the imagination part of their brain - poor them.

message 18: by Michael (last edited Mar 21, 2013 01:05PM) (new)

Michael (lovechild) | 280 comments And some of these non readers are friends and family. To this day I go home to visit the folks for the Holiday and my dad comments, "why are you always reading" I glance over the book and grimace at him(always doing it with love though cus I love the guy.) and then go back to reading. =P

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I get so involved in my book sometimes I forget that it's not real and then it always bums me out because I love immersing myself in the characters and their lives. I usually spend a few days away from a book in mourning when my favorite character dies and I get sad when I finish a book especially if it was a favorite. Sometimes I read one of my favorite series and when I finish the last book I start the series over again just so that the story wont end.

message 20: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 32 comments Yep! Lol. Guilty of doing the same thing. I really wish some of the characters existed sometimes.

message 21: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (missie322) I was telling my sister the other day how I was opening weeping while reading Me Before You. She just gave me a weird face and said, "why would you want to read something that makes you cry?" WHAT?!?!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Me Before You (other topics)