Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

YA Books > Divergent Series

Comments Showing 1-50 of 108 (108 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie Faison | 4 comments Tell me what you thought of the Divergent series... I totally ship Fourtris :D

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 31 comments I just started Insurgent but LOVED Divergent, it is probably one of my favorite reads in a while!

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine (kaia119) Love it! I cannot wait for the movie! Did you see who the cast as 'Four'? I don't know a thing about him but he is HOT!!

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 31 comments He was in the last Underworld, other than that I have no idea who is but I'm in.

message 5: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments Really really good read, one of my faves from 2011. The sequel was good too!

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Arroyo (earroyo) | 13 comments I just finished Divergent. I'm so excited for the movie.

message 7: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1350 comments One of my fave series of all time - & it's not even done yet! Love it!

message 8: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments I know, I love that we still have another book AND movie!

message 9: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Kathy wrote: "He was in the last Underworld, other than that I have no idea who is but I'm in."

Yep he was HOT and AMAZING in the Underworld

message 10: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 31 comments Sylvia (Heinzypop) wrote: "Kathy wrote: "He was in the last Underworld, other than that I have no idea who is but I'm in."

Yep he was HOT and AMAZING in the Underworld"

He is definitely hot and kinda how I pictured Four.

message 11: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Kathy wrote: "Sylvia (Heinzypop) wrote: "Kathy wrote: "He was in the last Underworld, other than that I have no idea who is but I'm in."

Yep he was HOT and AMAZING in the Underworld"

He is definitely hot and k..."

I was always picturing Steven R. McQueen but I'm definitely loving the casting choice for sure ;)

message 12: by Ms. (new)

Ms. (mslucyyc) | 38 comments Doesn't he look a little old though? But other than that, yes, he is unbelievably hot.

But I need to watch Underworld again just to be sure he fits the part. :-)

message 13: by Joanna Marie (new)

Joanna Marie (joannacapats) Started Divergent yesternight! :P

message 14: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (warpedline) | 19 comments I love Divergent, so siked it's gonna be a movie! *EEEEK!* Can't wait for book #3!

message 15: by Linda (new)

Linda Peng | 7 comments I LOVED divergent. Like oh my gosh, I could not put the book down. I literally pounded the hand ball so hard into the net in our game when I thought of the unfinished ending because I had read it earlier. Insurgent was quite different from Divergent, I like it less but it was still good.

message 16: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 31 comments I finished Insurgent last week and I could not believe it ended the way it did!! I am totally pumped for the third one to come later this year! As much as I loved Divergent more, the second didn't let me down like some sequels do. I'll be honest and say I wanted more Four in my life in 2!

message 17: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments Linda wrote: "I LOVED divergent. Like oh my gosh, I could not put the book down. I literally pounded the hand ball so hard into the net in our game when I thought of the unfinished ending because I had read it e..."

Lol I love that you were thinking about the book during handball. I do that all the time when I'm doing something else :)

message 18: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments Kathy wrote: "I finished Insurgent last week and I could not believe it ended the way it did!! I am totally pumped for the third one to come later this year! As much as I loved Divergent more, the second didn't ..."

Exactly! No sequel slump from Roth, awesome to see!

message 19: by Linda (new)

Linda Peng | 7 comments Kathy wrote: "I finished Insurgent last week and I could not believe it ended the way it did!! I am totally pumped for the third one to come later this year! As much as I loved Divergent more, the second didn't ..." Sister? lol

message 20: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments I hate who they cast as Four and also Will! I always pictured Alexander Ludwig as Four, because before I read the book he was rumoured to be Four, and now I always think of Alexander Ludwig. If I hated who they cast for Four, I want to kill who they casted for Will! They like legit casted a 28 year old guy! Like, I'm sure there were other people way better suited!

message 21: by Robin (new)

Robin (Bridge Four) (fionafixit) I loved both Divergent and Insurgent. Even though there wasn't as much Four/Tris in Insurgent I thought it was great that even though she loves him he didn't dictate who she was. She totally went against him for what she knew to be right. Can't wait to see them work together in Alligiant I think Insurgent was something their relationship had to go through for Tris to know she wanted to fight to live after what happened to her family. Hopefully they will be on the same page and stronger together in Alligiant. Veronica Roth is fantastic as a new Author in her debut series.

message 22: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments Agreed! She's definitely made a huge statement with her first two books. Can't wait to see how she finished the series and what she comes up with next!

message 23: by KelseyKES (new)

KelseyKES | 7 comments Four and Tris! *sigh* Yup, I ship them too. I also love her character progression. How she became strong heroine.

My YA Book Blog:

http://kindleaffairs.blogspot.com

I love discussing books and making book loving friends! (:

message 24: by Marrie (new)

Marrie I'm reading Divergent right now, and oh my god, I'm in love! Best dystopian book I think I've ever read, except maybe THG.

message 25: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments Yay! So glad you're enjoying it! It's awesome :)

message 26: by Marrie (new)

Marrie Yeah, it really is! I think I'm going to finish it all in one day, which I haven't done with a book in a while.

message 27: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (ktrax) | 2 comments I liked both books and the knife scene estory from Four's point of view. I just finished a series where the female lead was whiney. I can't stand whiney women so it is very nice to have a strong one in this series.

Starting the series soon with my grandson.

message 28: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 31 comments Kathy wrote: "I liked both books and the knife scene estory from Four's point of view. I just finished a series where the female lead was whiney. I can't stand whiney women so it is very nice to have a strong ..."

I think this is another reason this book is so popular, it isn't wicked girly and all love story. It has so much action and intensity that it really appeals to anyone girl/boy, old/young etc.

message 29: by Marrie (new)

Marrie I finished Divergent yesterday and started Insurgent today, which is proving to be just as addicting. I agree. It's not all fluffy, but it's not all action either. It has great characters/action/love stories. That's why it appeals so much to every body.

message 30: by Sonja (new)

Sonja Vikan | 9 comments Love the Divergent series :0) can`t wait for the last book :0)

message 31: by Tammy (new)

Tammy  Miller LeBlanc (TammyMLeBlanc) | 15 comments Loved both Divergent and Insurgent and can't wait for Allegiant to cone out! I so hope the movie stays close to the book!!!

message 32: by Audra (new)

Audra  | 45 comments Is it a trilogy or a series?

message 33: by Tammy (new)

Tammy  Miller LeBlanc (TammyMLeBlanc) | 15 comments As of right now, a trilogy. The 3rd book was just named... Allegiant.

message 34: by Natasja (new)

Natasja | 3 comments I am reading Divergent right now and it's soo good. Although i tend to have a problem with Tris. I wanna love her like the badass she is, but can't help but find her annoying at times.

message 35: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I love this! I can't wait for Allegiant! :D

message 36: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Lunnylovegood/Percabth Lover/AJ wrote: "Is it a trilogy or a series?"

A trilogy. :)

message 37: by Candace (new)

Candace (gaijinchick) | 50 comments I can't wait for the movie. Really enjoyed the books, except Tris. Really wanted to like her but she seemed a bit too immature.

message 38: by Heather (new)

Heather Bowhay | 13 comments Loved Divergent and Insurgent. Allegiant - not so much. Very disappointing...felt let down at the end.

Irena BookDustMagic i was so dissappinted in this series since i just loved the firs book and had high hopes for the rest of the series. the first one was good but the third one was a joke. it ruined dystopian genre for me because it was the first dystopian series a had read and now i have to take a break from this genre.

message 40: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 2 comments I love this series! The third book has been getting some pretty harsh reviews, but I liked it! Was it as awesome as the first two? No, but it was great in its own right and made sense for the series! The whole meaning of dystopia is that the society is flawed by tying to make it un-flawed. Which they did with factions and then what was happening beyond the fence. And those not divergent weren't genetically pure and consequently inferior, were able to throughout the book show that they were capable of becoming the very essence of divergence. Cara who was erudite showed forgiveness, and courage and compassion as the book went on (qualities of other factions) and Kristina and Tobias as well developed all the characteristics of the other factions as the third book ended. So I enjoyed the last book bc in true dystopian fashion the government inside and outside the experiment was plagued by violence, oppression, war and the characters were able to prove that it didn't matter and kindof became that perfect race because of Tris and all the obstacles they faced! Does that make sense?

message 41: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments I was somewhat mixed on the third book, too, but I really loved the first two, so all in all well worth reading!

message 42: by Shiks (new)

Shiks | 14 comments Awesome book...it was definitely a good read and also well written, and i'm looking forward to read the second one!

message 43: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments If you liked the first one I think you'll love the second too :) Enjoy!!

message 44: by Kerr (new)

Kerr (paein) I really liked the first book and despite not liking the second too much due to the relationship fallouts which I always think take up too much focus, I never put the book down and walked away. The third book I had hopes for, but the ending was just...unnecessary I thought.

Cant wait for the film though!! Though I do agree the actor playing Four is about 10 years too old :s

message 45: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (sophia2319) | 17 comments I really liked the first book! It was promising and interesting, and I liked the story and where it was going! I also liked the second one and the third one... until the ending it was disappointing, unnecessary and sad really because it didn't add anything more to the book...

As far as the film goes, I do want to see it! A lot! But I think the miscast the characters! Especially Four! I do not like the actor they chose, I would have peaked someone younger! Also I am not so sure about the actress who plays Tris but maybe that is the whole point to see her evolve through the movies?

message 46: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kmarker) | 3 comments I abolutely hated the ending! I don't think I would read the second or the third book again, but I liked the first book so much it is so sad that the sequels sucked so much!
I don´t know if I want to watch the movie, I will probably watch the first movie, but not sure about the following!

message 47: by Marg (new)

Marg | 24 comments I can Really say I loved the series. It obviously isn't the ending I was expecting, although I think Tris deserved it. (Please don't punch me).
Many times during the story, Tris volunteers to die for the people she loves; when she goes into Dauntless to stop the simulation, when she hands Tobias her gun while he is in a simulation, when she goes into Erudite twice... It was just fair she volunteered

message 48: by Kerr (new)

Kerr (paein) Sophia wrote: "I really liked the first book! It was promising and interesting, and I liked the story and where it was going! I also liked the second one and the third one... until the ending it was disappointing, unnecessary and sad really because it didn't add anything more to the book..."

That! That's what I've been trying and failing to say... it added nothing to the book.

Kristin wrote: "I abolutely hated the ending! I don't think I would read the second or the third book again, but I liked the first book so much it is so sad that the sequels sucked so much!"

Me too, after it all I wanted to read the first one again, but even though I wont read them I cant get rid of 2 and 3 because they're a matched set...

message 49: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kmarker) | 3 comments Kerr wrote: "Sophia wrote: "I really liked the first book! It was promising and interesting, and I liked the story and where it was going! I also liked the second one and the third one... until the ending it wa..."
I feel the same way, I loved the series and can't not read all of them

message 50: by Nellie (new)

Nellie Coody | 1 comments Mackenzie wrote: "Tell me what you thought of the Divergent series... I totally ship Fourtris :D"

I loved it. It was fast-paced and edgy with just enough suspense to keep you guessing.

« previous 1 3