Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11) Lover at Last question

Positive bisexual and lesbian women in main stream romance?
Hana Hana Mar 19, 2013 09:52PM
One of my favorite authors and series of all times is Suzanne Brockmann and her Troubleshooters series. Another would be JR Ward and the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Quite possibly my favorite story arc of all time is Jules Cassidy and Robin Chadwick in Brockmann's series and I wholeheartedly believe that the HIGHLY anticipated book about Blay and Qhuinn will not disappoint. However, I've always wondered - Where are the positive lesbian/bisexual women and relationships in main stream romance? Other authors who have approached bisexual and gay men romance storylines are Lorelei James and Lauren Dane - Again, both authors and series that I just ADORE. But are there similar arcs for bisexual women and lesbians? Did I just miss them? Or is there just not a large enough market for something like that? Do people fear that they will offend or turn off their reader base? Am I way off base with this? Just curious if maybe I'm miss something or if I'm just out of left field with this. Thanks guys!

I don't seek out M/M romances either, but I love the BDB. I read Lover at Last because I love the series and Qhuinn and Blay needed some love too. If Ward wanted to explore a F/F angle I would read it just as eagerly, but I agree that it would not draw me to the series had I not already been a fan.

deleted member Mar 22, 2013 09:42AM   0 votes
I don't want to offend any female/Lesbian by this but it seems like it would be really hard to sell. Think about it money wise, a crap load of straight women read m/m romances. A crap load of women read romance period. To be honest being a straight women a F/F romance just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe because the females are always the ones that take everything over the top, everything out of portion. I know it isn't every female but a lot of female lead characters are like that. I like reading Ty/Zane because they don't do that. They are very straight forward (no pun intended).It is so nice to read something where the charactors aren't hyper sensitive. Sex wise too. Straight women aren't going to want to read about two women going at it. It isn't sexy to them. I am not trying to be mean. I am totally for love is love no matter the gender but there are more straight women readers than there are gay. I feel like such a hypocrite because a lot of my favorite books right now have gay couples. I am just trying to speak honestly as a straight chick. lol I will write more later when I can think more clearly. hehehe

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ I think you nailed why this particular story arc does not or would not sell much. I am a straight female as well. Gay romance is not my forte but I ha ...more
Apr 01, 2013 11:51AM
Dhfan4life Great points Mel. I would have to say that I do like both m/m and some f/f interactions in my erotica stories. And don't even mind gay or lesbian or b ...more
Jun 01, 2013 02:20PM