Espionage Aficionados discussion

Spy/Counterspy: The Autobiography of Dusko Popov
This topic is about Spy/Counterspy
NonFic & Reality > Sex, Lies and Spies

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gamal (new)

Gamal Hennessy | 19 comments What is the connection between spies and seduction in real life and in fiction? I explore this question in my new essay "Like a Spy to Honey." Please let me know what you think. http://bit.ly/XY90pq

message 2: by Unknown (new)

Unknown Auther | 2 comments This title sounds like my ex-wife

message 3: by James (new)

James Bruno (jamesbruno) | 6 comments I've been the target of honey traps. They're the most ham-handed way of trying to compromise someone. The old communist Hungarian secret service sent two honies to my home to "get to know me." I sent them away with a laugh. The Cubans sent jinoteras (hustlers) my way. It was so transparent as to be a joke. Men who fall for these ploys tend to do their thinking with the wrong organ.

Women also fall for them -- usually lonely females vulnerable to smooth-talking handsome males. West Germans were particularly vulnerable to Stasi gigolos.

message 4: by Gideon (new)

Gideon Asche (gideonasche) | 21 comments In my time it was common practice to use women to make initial contact with any potential asset.

message 5: by Jerry (new)

Jerry (banjo1) | 15 comments The Russians sent comely young lads to infiltrate MI6 before WWII. They were very successful.

message 6: by Gideon (new)

Gideon Asche (gideonasche) | 21 comments The Soviets had half the hookers is Vienna and Bonn on the payroll and the other half worked for us.