Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Insurgent discussion

Divergent 3rd book names?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Megan What do you think the name of the third book will be called? Divergent, Insurgent, ....?

My mom told me that she thinks it will be called Emergent which I have to agree on. It would be odd for Veronica to change the ending so it wouldn't match, and I think Emergent is perfect because they finally opened the gates in the Amity so they are going to emerge out!

Tell me what you think about that or what you think it will be called!

Akiko Barreras EMERGENT because:
Divergent- they were separated into the factions and they all hated each other
Insurgent- They were coming together to rebel, against one another, but still
EMERGENT- EVERYBODY HAS FINALLY COME TOGETHER TO GO AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT

Kayla DETERGENT.

lol, just joking. But my friends have told me it may be Convergent. Emergent seems to fit well.

Kelly Megan wrote: "What do you think the name of the third book will be called? Divergent, Insurgent, ....?

My mom told me that she thinks it will be called Emergent which I have to agree on. It would be odd for Ve..."

Sounds about right. I think we'll all know soon! :)

message 5: by Maj-Britt (last edited Mar 20, 2013 07:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maj-Britt Convergent, The Factions might converge into one.

Luna Convergent would make sense- I look it up on what it means and it said "coming closer together" also Emergent seems good too. Either one sounds good. I just want to see the cover and the name soon I hope!

Katelyn I'm betting on Emergent, though no one can forget that Resurgent is a possibility too.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

i agree either convergent or emergent.

Andy Meuse The way her relationship is progressing it might be Pregnant!

Inês I'm guessing that is Emergent because of this paragraph

SPOILER FOR INSURGENT DONT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE BOOK

“That is why you are so important,” Amanda says. “Our struggle against violence and cruelty is only treating the symptoms of a disease, not curing it. You are the cure.
“In order to keep you safe, we devised away for you to be separated from us, From our water supply. From our technology. From your social structure. We have formed your society in a particular way in the hope that you will rediscover the moral sense most of us have lost. Over time, we hope that you will begin to change as most of us cannot.
“The reason I am leaving this footage for you is so that you will know when it’s time to help us. You will know what it is time when there are many among you whose minds appear to be more flexible than others. The name you should give those people is Divergent. Once they become abundant among you, your leaders should give the command for Amity to unlock the gate forever, so that you may emerge from your isolation.”

But covergent also feets :)

Inês twelvejan wrote: "I would think it's Emergent. Cos Edith Prior mentioned something about how when there are an abundance of Divergents, Amity was supposed to open the gates and let them
emerged
from isolation."

yes, exactly what i've re written above :)

Wander-Lost Kayla wrote: "DETERGENT.

lol, just joking. But my friends have told me it may be Convergent. Emergent seems to fit well."

Thats a good one! hahahah.. :D

Wander-Lost Akiko wrote: "EMERGENT because:
Divergent- they were separated into the factions and they all hated each other
Insurgent- They were coming together to rebel, against one another, but still
EMERGENT- EVERYBODY HA..."

That's actually not a bad idea! :D

message 14: by zara (new) - rated it 3 stars

zara I don't understand why they are taking so long to pick a title. there are about 50 words that end with gent and about 5 of them fit with the storyline.

PS: the detergent joke is getting really old now

Wander-Lost Yeah, that's true. And no, the detergent joke will NEVER get old!! :p

Sophie It's being called "Convergent" I think. And I second that the Detergent joke will never get old lol :)

♪♫Gloria♫♪ RESURGENT: Increasing or reviving after a period of little activity, popularity, or occurrence.

♪♫Gloria♫♪ I have no idea but it looks awesome XD

Ashley Resurgent...hmmm not bad.

Ashley I like Emergent better. Convergent is ok but they're not really converging. They're emerging to the outside world. Yeah eventually the factions will converge but still.

message 22: by Usha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Usha I'll go for Emergent.

Wander-Lost Resurgent is not bad and I love the cover!!! Is that the official cover or just fan made? :D

♪♫Gloria♫♪ The BookWorm wrote: "Resurgent is not bad and I love the cover!!! Is that the official cover or just fan made? :D"

Fan fiction made :)

Wander-Lost Really?! Wow! That's really good!! :D