Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

MOVIE NIGHT: ARCHIVED > R1: Team Four

Comments Showing 1-50 of 148 (148 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments description

message 2: by Gisbelle (last edited Mar 24, 2013 06:53AM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Team Leader: K.

Team Members
Harshini WatchMeRead
Jaquelyn
Jordan

message 3: by Gisbelle (last edited Apr 30, 2013 02:42AM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Point Tracker

description

message 4: by Katrin (new)

Katrin I'm so excited for this! ;)

message 5: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Hi there Team Four! I hope you are excited to start. Please, choose your team leader.

message 6: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments Yay!! Love our banner Gisbelle! :) Team leader..? No idea!

message 7: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks Harshini :)

message 8: by Katrin (new)

Katrin I wouldn't mind being the team leader but if anyone else wants to, it's fine with me. ;)

message 9: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments I don't mind anyone being th leader :) We will check and see with the others

message 10: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments K , if you want you can ahah! :)

message 11: by Katrin (new)

Katrin Okay, awesome. But we still need to know what Jordan thinks. ;)

message 12: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments Great we just need Jordan to check here :)

message 13: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Dear All

Please make sure you check Now Showing... to get the general ideas how the challenge is going to be like.

Don't forget to choose your team leader. I hope each team will have a team leader by Wednesday.

You may need to PM your teammates who haven't posted in the team yet.

message 14: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments We haven't heard from Jordan ... hopefully she'll come back so we won't have to have a replacement for her!

message 15: by Katrin (new)

Katrin I hope so, too. I sent her a reminder, yesterday. Maybe she just forgot about the challenge.

message 16: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Yeah, hopefully!

message 17: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments Hopefully :)

message 18: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jords) | 449 comments Sorry guys! been really busy and haven't had time to get on my computer! I don't mind who's the team leader :)

message 19: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments Great then I suppose K wouldn't mind being the leader :)

message 20: by Katrin (new)

Katrin Yay!! ;)

message 21: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jords) | 449 comments Arghhh, I can't find a book to suit the requirements, the highest I can get is like 3, without looking for any hidden words. :( Anyone else having better luck?!

message 22: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I found one that will maybe get me 8 points... Gisbelle, can you confirm this?

Semper by Peter J. Dudley

I think it's adventure.. 1 point.

Does they boy on the cover count? .. 2 points.

Peter is the author's name.. 5 points..

That would be 8 points and if I found any of the words it would be more!

Gisbelle, can this count as 8?!

message 23: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Yes, it looks like that to me too :) But if you find another worth more points, you can always change your book.

message 24: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Alright thanks Gisbelle! I'll keep looking though!

And Team members, let's try to have all of our books done within 6 days so we can get extra points ! :D

message 25: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments lol.. That's the spirit!

message 26: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jords) | 449 comments ill be able to read mine quickly but its the points that I can't get high enough for this one:(

message 27: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments When I do this challenge, I normally start by searching for the books that match the setting because that score the highest points.

message 28: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jords) | 449 comments Thanks for the idea, Gisbelle! I'll try that now :)

message 29: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Welcome Jordan!

message 30: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jords) | 449 comments If I was to read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green , I would get five points for the name, and it says that it's set in America, but not north or south, does anyone know so I can see if I get extra points?:)

message 31: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I don't think it set in South America, but I might be wrong :)

message 32: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jords) | 449 comments Blehh, okay thank you!

message 33: by Katrin (new)

Katrin I'm going to look for a book as soon as I get back from work.

message 34: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jords) | 449 comments I'll probably be reading Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins which was published in 2009 which is 6 points.
It's an adventure book so that's another point.
Then I can look for hidden words

so that's 7 points so far right?

message 35: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments yep :)

message 36: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jords) | 449 comments Okay, that will be my book for the week then :)

message 37: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments good luck!

message 38: by Katrin (new)

Katrin I think I am going to readI Am Not A Serial Killer.

It was published 2009 and has a John as a main character.

I'm not sure, though. Maybe , I'll find another book by Monday.

message 39: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments I think I might read Peter Pan! Cause it has Peter, adventure and the cover has Peter on it, and I think he is sort of a little boy. I mean he s never supposed to grow up haha! And I will look for the hidden words

message 40: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Gisbelle, I was looking at Along For the Ride by Sarah Dessen and was wondering if that could be considered adventure or comedy? Also since she's going to the beach all summer could that count as a road trip? It was also published in 2009 so that would be 6 points ... Thanks:D

message 41: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments J, I think it's acceptable.

message 42: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments woohoo! Thanks Gisbelle! :D

Okay, so I'll be reading Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen !

Genre: 1 point
Plot: 3 points
Setting: 6 points

Total: 10 points plus any bonus words I find!

message 43: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Has everyone found a book they will be reading?

message 44: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments You know how I said we should all try and finish our books before day 6? Well here's the extra point schedule:

Extra points will be awarded to the team if everyone in the team finishes their book within:

Day 1 or 2 = 3pt
Day 3 or 4 = 2pt
Day 5 or 6 = 1pt
Day 7 = no extra point

It would be nice if everyone finishes their book by day 4! Do you think we can shoot for day 4?

message 45: by Katrin (new)

Katrin I don't think it will be a problem to read it in 6 days. My problem is to get it from the library in time. Especially since it's easter monday tomorrow and my library is cosed that day. ;(

message 46: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments I think I can try to finish in Day 1 or 2 if that would help :)

message 47: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments So if I choose Peter Pan and Wendy by J.M. Barrie
Genre is Adventure, the cover has a little boy on it, and the main character has the name Peter! Plus I can read it by tomorrow.
So overall: 8 + 3 = 11 points!!
YAY! And I just have to find the hidden words! ANyone can correct me if I am wrong

message 48: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jords) | 449 comments I should be able to read mine in about 2-3 days so that's not a problem for me :)

message 49: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments K. wrote: "I don't think it will be a problem to read it in 6 days. My problem is to get it from the library in time. Especially since it's easter monday tomorrow and my library is cosed that day. ;("

Oh no!! Hopefully you'll get it in time!!

Yeah, I could finish it in about 2-3 days as well.

message 50: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments I hope so too! :)

« previous 1 3