Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

MOVIE NIGHT: ARCHIVED > R1: Team Three

Comments Showing 1-50 of 152 (152 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments description

message 2: by Gisbelle (last edited Mar 28, 2013 06:43AM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Team Leader: Mehsi

Team Members
Bridget
Lindy
Never_more_enchanted

message 3: by Gisbelle (last edited Apr 30, 2013 02:42AM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Point Tracker

description

message 4: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Hi there Team Three! I hope you are excited to start. Please, choose your team leader.

message 5: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments *cheers* Can't wait to get started. :) Nice picture btw.

message 6: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 162 comments Yay! I'm excited too. Our picture is really pretty! Does anyone want to volunteer as leader??

message 7: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Glad you guys like it :)

message 8: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments If nobody else wants, I don't mind to be leader. Don't know what the leader is supposed to do though. :) (still a bit confused about the whole thing)

message 9: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Actually, team leader just needs to make sure everyone follows the rules, like making sure they read books no less than 150 pages, or their reviews are ok or not. Things like that.

And then post your members points in the Claim the Points thread.

If you still have problem, please ask in Q & D thread.

message 10: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Thanks Gisbelle for the explanation.
That sounds like a nice job. :)

message 11: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 162 comments Mehsi i'd be ok with you being the leader if everyone else is ok with it and you would like to :)

message 12: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Bridget wrote: "Mehsi i'd be ok with you being the leader if everyone else is ok with it and you would like to :)"

Aww thanks Bridget and I would love to be leader.

message 13: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Well still nothing from Lindy or Never more Enchanted.. Lets hope they get here before this starts for real.

message 14: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I'll PM them.

message 15: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Dear All

Please make sure you check Now Showing... to get the general ideas how the challenge is going to be like.

Don't forget to choose your team leader. I hope each team will have a team leader by Wednesday.

You may need to PM your teammates who haven't posted in the team yet.

message 16: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I'll PM them."

Thanks Gisbelle. :)

message 17: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments No prob :) If by Wednesday they still haven't shown, I'll assume they forfeit and we'll find the replacements.

message 18: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Gisbelle wrote: "No prob :) If by Wednesday they still haven't shown, I'll assume they forfeit and we'll find the replacements."

Lets hope that doesn't happen.

message 19: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 94 comments What do you want? Email does help

message 20: by Jasz (new)

Jasz (never_more_enchanted) | 87 comments Heey, thanks for reminding me, I'm so sorry, I totally forgot... Sorry!

Did you (Mehsi) want to be teamleader? I honestly don't mind who is :P I don't think I make a good teamleader, seeing as I'm always late... :)

message 21: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments I would love to be teamleader, but I will not be around much in the weekend (friday to sunday). Just remembered it. :) So if anyone else wants to be team leader? I don't mind being back-up though.

message 22: by Jasz (new)

Jasz (never_more_enchanted) | 87 comments Now what should we do? And who is going to be the teamleader? Mehsi? Bridget? Lindy? Someone?

message 23: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 162 comments I suppose I wouldn't mind, I just am bad with codes and things. I could try if no one else really wants too

message 24: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Well I would like to be teamleader, but I might not be around every time (especially not during weekends).

message 25: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 162 comments Ok, I don't think that will be an issue because the information is posted on Saturday but you could still keep track throughout the week. I'm ok with you being team leader Mehsi :), we just really need to pick lol

message 26: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments So I added Mehsi as the team leader. If you guys need any more changes, just let me know. First round will start in a few days. Be ready :)

message 27: by Mehsi (last edited Mar 28, 2013 07:05AM) (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Ok, thanks Gisbelle and Bridget. :) Lets hope I will do a good job, sorry if I might do things wrong.

I will pm Never more Enchanted and Lindy about this and also remind them that we will start soon, is that ok?

message 28: by Jasz (new)

Jasz (never_more_enchanted) | 87 comments Don't worry about me, I try to check in every two days :) When exactly will we start?

message 29: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments We start 1st of April.

I probably won't be here though, because that is Easter and I won't be around. But I will probably pop in on Tuesday after work.

message 30: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 94 comments Week 3:
posted: 3-29-2013
Letter: L
Week 1: WotW: Zing BW: Leaves
Title: Midnight Bayou
Author: Nora Roberts
rated:
bonus words: leaves p 25
Something open almost like a cup, with leaves shaped like hearts.

Midfnight Bayou revolves around Harvard-educated lawyer Declan Fitzpatrick who gives up his northern life to buy Manet Hall, a partially restored plantation in New Orleans which he plans on fully restoring. After moving in he finds that the house is haunted, and he sees visions of the past of the Hall. He often hears the cry of a baby and the voice. Angelina Simone his companion is also connected to the house and helps him to uncover a buried secret.
of the baby's mother Abigail.

message 31: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 94 comments Arent' we suppose to gt our word of the week? I will soon be off for the weekend

message 32: by Mehsi (last edited Mar 29, 2013 11:02AM) (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments It hasn't started yet. There is currenly only a sample around, so that people could practise.

The real thing will start on April 1st from what I saw.

message 33: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 162 comments Ok I found a book for this week (April 1-7) I just need Gisbelle to confirm if it will work lol:

The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan

Genre: Adventure (1pt)
Cover: Little boy (2pt)
Plot: Fulfilling a dream..kinda lol (3pt)
Setting: Published in 2009 (6pts)

So my total would be 12 right? or 9 if the plot isn't right.

I hope I am doing this right!!

message 34: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments lol Bridget :) Yes, it is kinda his life long dream :D Looking good so far.

message 35: by Mehsi (last edited Apr 02, 2013 09:53AM) (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Not sure if I can go every week. I have found a book, but well.. not sure if I can finish it this week. I still got 2 books I am reading, and today a preorder came in and I want to read that book (it is a sequel and I waited for a year for it to come out).

But I will try, hope it isn't bad that I probably won't have time to read it until next week.

So my book:
Dreams of the Dead (The Waking, #1) by Christopher Golden
Setting: Published in 2009 (6pts)
Hidden Words: Photograph(s), Bird

So 8pts in total.

message 36: by Mehsi (last edited Apr 02, 2013 06:03AM) (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Also reading the other posts, I see that some say that how fast you read also gives points. Is that a standard thing? Or just for those teams? I really hope it is just for those teams. Since I am sure there are many who don't read fast or just don't have much time to read.

message 37: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments When everyone in the team finishes, extra points will be awarded accordingly.

message 38: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Really? So it will be more like a contest?

message 39: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments No, it is more like a teamwork. Everyone needs to work together to achieve the goal. In fact, I specifically mentioned the extra point for the team even before we started.

message 40: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments I never saw that, probably overlooked that part. :)
Well lets try and see if we can get things to be read by the end of the week.

message 41: by Bridget (last edited Apr 02, 2013 08:21AM) (new)

Bridget | 162 comments Well I just finished my book!

The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan

my review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Genre: Adventure (1pt)
Cover: Little boy (2pt)
Plot: Life's dream (3pt)
Setting: Published 2009 (6pt)
Hidden Words: Cliff, Photograph, and Bird (3pt)

Total: 15pt

:)

message 42: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Congrats Bridget. :)

message 43: by Mehsi (last edited Apr 02, 2013 11:31AM) (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Done with my book, speed reading ftw (probably will do that for all the books for this challenge). :) Now I can have a relaxing read with one of my pre-orders that just got in.

I don't really have a review, is that really needed?

message 44: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 162 comments Yay Mehsi!!!
I'm not sure if the review is needed, I just added one just incase

message 45: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Thanks. :) Lets hope the rest of our team will do something too.

And I guess I will write a few words. Not today though, tomorrow. It is almost 9pm here and I think I will just relax a bit. :)

message 46: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Well I send pms to Lindy and Never more enchanted. Lets hope they read it and that they want to participate too.

message 47: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 94 comments What did i get that i didnt' get?

message 48: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 94 comments Sending anything to me on here rarely gts read, my email is grilsgood@aol.com

message 49: by Mehsi (last edited Apr 03, 2013 12:15PM) (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments You got a PM from me, about the challenge and that it started on April 1st, and that me and Bridget are done. :) I didn't know your email address, so I send a pm, next time I will send an email. :)

message 50: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 94 comments I read Cliff hanger / by Gloria Skurzynski and Alane Ferguson and I finsihed it early this mornign 1 am.

« previous 1 3 4