The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword discussion

New Topics?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zack (new)

Zack Just joined the group, seems like it has come to a standstill. Moderators, I would believe it to be in your best interest to add new attractive ways to keep the group alive. I must be missing something, it feels as though I'm all alone in the group. You would think that with such an epic title as "The pen is mightier..." there would be a lot more to talk(write, type, dissicussivise) about.

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) You are more or less right...
As far as I know...the mods are too busy with real life work...

message 3: by Zack (last edited Mar 19, 2013 11:18PM) (new)

Zack I have real life work too , but I enjoy writing on my off time as well(lame I know). I joined the group because I thought it was a community devoted to helping each other grow into better writers. Figured with the amount of people who are apart of the group that it would actually do just that. Being a moderator isn't about keeping the peace. It's about creating an environment true to the model in which the group was made in the first place, and not allowing it to stray into obscurity. Either formulate ways to keep members within the group entertained and contributing to better one another, or hand the title over to someone who will. I guess this group isn't the one for me. I thought I was going to find a community of bibliophiles dedicated to improving their writing skills with the help of others, but it is most literally, a dead end. No offense (Sincerely).

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) I'm sorry, but if you aren't aware...we're mostly youngsters. So are the mods. -_-

message 5: by Zack (new)

Zack any editing issues? did i sound coherent? was my argument just? any suggestions? lol :)

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) No lol, just that none of us, the old members are over 18 xD No problem in your words, you've justified the situation :)

message 7: by Zack (last edited Mar 19, 2013 11:45PM) (new)

Zack sorry I'm so old. I know I'm knocking on deaths door. 27 is usually when you just crawl in the grave and die.lol

message 9: by Zack (new)

Zack So I am relatively new to goodreads ..So how do I remove myself from this travesty of a group with such an epically underrated title of which is underused and full of unappreciative tween members unwilling to help there community of underdeveloped writers? eh. just messin', I'll stick around for a bit to see what happens. Maybe even start some uninteresting UN-discussions myself.

message 11: by Zack (new)

Zack It did take me a bit to find this group as the others were more about reviewing romance novels. Do you know of any other groups actually dedicated to helping writers?

message 13: by Zack (last edited Mar 20, 2013 01:12AM) (new)

Zack thanks for the help ...and gifted, indeed.