Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Sherrilyn Kenyon's New Sanctuary Site

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish http://www.officialsanctuary.com/home...

The new site is up and it's awesome.

Occasionally unable to enter right now, but it's great. I love it!

message 2: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments Gasp! They changed it? Must go look!

message 3: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments Dammit. I'll have to look at it tomorrow at work from a real computer.

I think it should open with a pic of Savitar giving us the hairy eyeball.

Oh, wait. He's not real.

::whimper::

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments So much better! Her old website drove me nuts. Impossible to find anything and looked like it was made at home, about a decade ago. This one is very slick though. I like it!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish That's what I thought, too. This is really nice and so much easier to get around on.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 208 comments I have already been looking at it and it is much nicer then the other one.

message 7: by Aleh (new)

Aleh | 18 comments Its still a little crazy for me. Pictures aren't loading but its great the old one really made me confused.

message 8: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne HH:: every time i try to look at this site something happens::doorbell::phone rings::need to take childs forgoten lunch box to school:: need to collect child from school:: those DH boys are going to have wait for me to catch them up:)::

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 79 comments I like her new website much better!

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess | 173 comments I haven't been able to get onto it yet. How annoying. I guess I'll have to wait until the bugs are out.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I love the motto: Come in Peace or Leave in Pieces.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Jess wrote: "I haven't been able to get onto it yet. How annoying. I guess I'll have to wait until the bugs are out."

I'll bet she's got a ton of visitors. I got on for a bit last night, then again in the wee hours of the morning. It truly is wonderful!

message 13: by Jess (new)

Jess | 173 comments Uniquely Moi wrote: "I love the motto: Come in Peace or Leave in Pieces."

I love it too!! I got the email and I was so excited and I clicked the link, and nothing happened. lol. then there was a message saying that the action was inexecutable. which I'm assuming means I'm shit out of luck lol.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Jess wrote: "I'm shit out of luck lol. "

*hugs* It happens to the best of us. LOL

message 15: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments She twittered that it was getting so many hits the server was crashing!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Michelle M. wrote: "She twittered that it was getting so many hits the server was crashing!"

Twitter was where I first heard about the site last night. I think once her email went out, everyone was trying to get on it.

message 17: by April (new)

April (silverstars) | 2 comments In case you all didn't know, it is up now. =D

message 18: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy I still havent managed to get in the site. It says I need to sign on or something. It's driving me insane!!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish It goes up and down. But the first night when I got in it was fabulous.

message 20: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments Sign in? That's just weird. I shall go try again...

message 21: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments Well that's just bizarre.

message 22: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments From twitter:

sherrilynkenyon You guys broke the server LOL. My poor publisher! I told them we get over 11 million hits a month on Dark-Hunter. Now they believe me! About 11 hours ago

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I got the sign in thing too. They must really be having issues because as of last night I was able to get on.

message 24: by Jess (new)

Jess | 173 comments I still can't get on to the site. How disappointing, I am also getting the authorization notice to sign in.

I just want to see the new site!! lol.

message 25: by Annvelwis (new)

Annvelwis | 75 comments Hmm... Everytime I try to enter the site , site displays, heh. No "sign up", no troubles. Instant response.
I don't know if anyone noticed due to problems with getting on the site, but it chaneged to much... simpler design. Still better that original, though.

message 26: by Wendalyn (new)

Wendalyn Peterson | 22 comments Worked for me it was great...

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments Wow, yeah, the new design was up for a few days and then it's changed again. I don't like this most recent one nearly as much.

Jamie ~ Bad Boy Inspector (jamie_badboyinspector) | 45 comments She said in the Yahoo group that it would be back up this week sometime. The one you are seeing now is an old site they put back up until they get all the issues worked out of they new one.

message 29: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Jamie wrote: "She said in the Yahoo group that it would be back up this week sometime. The one you are seeing now is an old site they put back up until they get all the issues worked out of they new one."

Thanks for that::i was going to try later tonight but will leave it now until next week::does anyone know if the youtube link is on the new site::some of those vids where really good::some one did a whole photo montage of all the DH couples::and there was a vidoe called CArnival of Rust?;;would be shame if that had gone::

message 30: by Natasna (new)

Natasna (njiggetts) I cant wait till they reopen it

message 31: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy ARGH! I keep checking the new site to see if it's up and it's not. :( I'm dying to see it already!

message 32: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments Alert from twitter. Sanctuary is back up. SK wants to know how fast we crash it this time!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Michelle M. wrote: "Alert from twitter. Sanctuary is back up. SK wants to know how fast we crash it this time!"
I read that! LOL I love love love the new site!

message 34: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy Oooo! I like it!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Yeah, I love this part:

Quick rule rundown. No fighting, no biting, no magick. You break the rules, we break body parts and you're banned from here... if you survive.

In short, come in peace or leave in pieces. You got it? Good.
Now you can enter.

message 36: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments Too funny

message 37: by Jess (new)

Jess | 173 comments I finally got on! But I'm not that impressed with it. Maybe I need to spend more time on it... but it has pretty much the same info as the other websites.

message 38: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments That's how I felt Jess. It's pretty, but give me Were Hunter specific info! I didn't spend that much time on it though...

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Michelle M. wrote: "That's how I felt Jess. It's pretty, but give me Were Hunter specific info! I didn't spend that much time on it though..."

I think it's so much easier to navigate! And much better looking :)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments I don't think it presents any new information, but I found her old site so impossible to navigate and horrible to look at - that this new one gets a big thumbs up from me.

I found it interesting in her series listings she separates out Dream Hunters from Dark Hunters and she doesn't reference the anthology stories. I like this as I find the numbering that the books get here, on GR, to be overly convoluted and confusing.

message 41: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments Oh in terms of looks and navigation, I concur. Huge improvement.

message 42: by Natasna (new)

Natasna (njiggetts) I like it

message 43: by Jess (new)

Jess | 173 comments I agree that it's easier to navigate. The numbering of the books makes it much easier to see the correct reading order.

And I also liked that you could search by character. But other than that, I didn't notice much that was awesome about it.

message 44: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments Just noticed the twitter updates at the bottom: why is she talking about killing off characters!! Eek!

(As an aside, I'm watching Better Off Ted as I write and laughing my assets off.)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Nessa wrote: "Uniquely Moi wrote: "http://www.officialsanctuary.com/home...

The new site is up and it's awesome.

Occasionally unable to enter right now, but it's great. I love it!"

Thanks for posting this..."

You're welcome! It is much easier.