Rated YA-MA discussion

Archive > The Traveling Book Society round eight! (see first post)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 906 (906 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

message 1: by Wendy F (last edited Jul 27, 2015 08:45AM) (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments

Welcome to the fun of sharing!

We're going to kick off rounds 9 & 10 at the same time! Rae has offered to host Never Said by Carol Lynch Williams, in addition Gremlin would love to send around The Carnival at Bray by Jessie Ann Foley! Lots of book sharing going on right now!

#9 -
#10 -

Basic rules still apply:

In order to participate you must meet this basic member criteria:
♦ All participating members must provide an external email address as they are added to the list. If you would feel more comfortable, you can PM these to Wendy F.
♦ All participating members have been a part of YA-MA for a minimum of 3 months.
♦ All participating members have a minimum of 25 comments made in the group.
♦ All participating members still take part occasionally in topics.
♦ We prefer that all participating members must meet all criteria. However, if you meet at least one, and would still like to participate, you will be asked to ship the book out via UPS, FedEx or registered mail, with a valid tracking number that will be forwarded both to me and to the person who is next to receive the book.

When it is your turn with the Traveling Book, here are the guidelines. Please note that they don't have to be followed, but they're what adds to the fun of this idea.

1. Feel free to add a few notes on the pages, or highlight favorite lines. It'll add to the next person's read.

2. Sign inside the front cover of the book.

3. Include a local postcard, or use a snapshot where you live. Jot a greeting if you feel so inclined.

4. My favorite part, post a picture or two in this thread of you with our traveling book. (This isn't necessary, just fun. You can get creative with your picture too, if you prefer not to show your face. It's fun to watch the book move in this thread.)

5. This is done on our merit, so everyone will have to pay the shipping to the next person on the list, which means that everyone will pay for shipping once. This may mean that a few of us will pay shipping Internationally.

In addition, this list is not going to be compiled in a first come first serve manner. As people join you will be arranged in terms of optimal shipping. Our goal is to keep each person's shipping costs down by shipping the smallest distance that we can (it doesn't always work with International shipments), and to minimize damage that may be caused by shipping. (thanks for understanding.)

6. Please read and mail out the book within 10 days of receiving it so that the book moves steadily.

In the end the traveling book will be returned to it's original owner along with all the goodies to treasure. It is our hope that they will then take a picture of all the postcards and paste that here in the group for all to see.

Come one come all, join in the sharing experience. We are going to say that if the book has exited your side of the world, the opportunity to join will have passed, so get your names in quickly.

(Please specify for this round, which book(s) you would like to join for, along with your location.)

message 2: by Wendy F (last edited Dec 19, 2016 06:16PM) (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments #10 - The Carnival at Bray
Gremlin, Chicago IL
Anna, IN
Wendy, MI
Casey, WV
Emily, NC
Rae, GA
Hillary, Baton Rouge, LA
Lyzzibug, Rockport TX
Maree, Cali
Melanie Australia

#9 - Never Said
Rae, New York
Diane, Denver CO
Maree, Cali
Jenny, LA
Hillary, Baton Rouge, LA
Emily, NC
Anna, IN
Gremlin, Chicago IL
Melanie Australia

#7 - Sign up for Darkfall
Melanie, Aus
Sandra, Madrid, Spain
Jen, Michigan
Anna (Yoda Is My Spirit Animal, Walled Lake MI
Casey, W. Virgina
Rachel, N. Carolina
Kdbrand, MO
Diane, Denver CO
Maree, Cali
Angie, Cali
R, OR
(return to Melanie)

COMPLETED
1st: Fury  by Shirley Marr - Host Wendy F
(view spoiler)
2nd: Burn Bright (Night Creatures, #1) by Marianne de Pierres - Host Stacia
(view spoiler)
3rd: What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1) by Kat Zhang - Host Emily
(view spoiler)
4th: Everything Left Unsaid by Jessica Davidson - Host Hillary
5th: Thyla (Thyla, #1) by Kate Gordon - Host Carina
6th: Holier Than Thou by Laura Buzo - Host Isa
(view spoiler)
8th: Hate is Such a Strong Word by Sarah Ayoub - Host Dee
(view spoiler)

message 3: by Maree (new)

Maree | 249 comments New thread, yay! Champagne for everyone! *clinks glasses*

message 4: by Angie (new)

Angie (pinkindle) | 828 comments Sparkling cider for me...but in a champagne glass. ;) *clink*

message 5: by Casey (new)

Casey Anderson | 637 comments Great, it will be easier to follow with a new post!

message 6: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments Did you see the spoiler tags under the completed books? I'm going to keep the completed tour pictures underneath the book picture. :)

message 7: by Jenny, puppets' bane (new)

Jenny (narcisse) | 1946 comments Cool!

message 8: by Rae (new)

Rae Quigley (raequigley) | 256 comments Hey guys!! I've offered up a book for traveling, but want to see how many people are interested first. It's Oz Reimagined: New Tales from the Emerald City and Beyond, and it's a compilation book. A bunch of authors got together to remake some classic stories. The reviews seem great so far, but I haven't started it yet to give you guys any sense of what I think :)

message 9: by Leea (new)

Leea | 325 comments Hey Angie and Wendy, could you take me off the list for Everything Left Unsaid... I don't have time. Sorry!

message 10: by Stacie (new)

Stacie  (stack-i-e) | 299 comments Thyla (Thyla, #1) by Kate Gordon arrived today. Love the little calendar Carina! I'll be starting it tomorrow after I finish the Walking Dead Compendium II!

message 11: by Carina (new)

Carina  | 1629 comments Yay!

message 13: by Leea (new)

Leea | 325 comments Thanks, Wendy!

message 14: by Angie (new)

Angie (pinkindle) | 828 comments Everything Left Unsaid by Jessica Davidson is on its way to Maree! It's says it should be there on Wednesday. :)

message 15: by Maree (new)

Maree | 249 comments That's, like...TOMORROW!!! :D :D :D *clears calendar to sit and home and wait for mail truck*

message 16: by Maree (new)

Maree | 249 comments It's here, it's here! With pretty beads for me to wear! The cat likes.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

AAAhh its so close to coming to me!!!

message 18: by Stacie (new)

Stacie  (stack-i-e) | 299 comments Sent Thyla to Jenny yesterday! Here are some pics!
Thyla Thyla and me

message 19: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments Great pics!!!

4th: List for Everything Left Unsaid
Hillary, Florida
Jenny, Baton Rouge LA
Stacie, Nebraska
Stacia, Colorado
Carina, New Mexico
Katy, Arizona
Angie, Cali
Maree, San Francisco, CA
Melanie, Melbourne AUS
Isa, Philippines
Cynthia, Ontario Canada
Wendy, Michigan
DG, NYC
Dee, Waldorf MD
Emily, Charlotte North Carolina
Rae, FL
(back to Hillary)

message 20: by Jenny, puppets' bane (new)

Jenny (narcisse) | 1946 comments I have book!

message 22: by Carina (new)

Carina  | 1629 comments I might have gone a little overboard on the postcard department. *blushes*

message 23: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments LOL!!

message 24: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1232 comments I am both excited and intimidated to be last on the list. On one hand I get to see everything everyone else has done. On the other hand how do you compete with that?

message 25: by Katy (new)

Katy | 478 comments I forgot there was a new thread for this lol...I was wondering why I hadn't heard about the traveling book for a while :P

message 26: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments hahaha! Did I delete the old one yet?

Off to check!

message 27: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Stacey (cynthia_stacey) | 73 comments Getting closer to me..really excited.

message 28: by Jenny, puppets' bane (new)

Jenny (narcisse) | 1946 comments I'll be sending Thyla on to Hillary in the next couple of days.

message 29: by Maree (new)

Maree | 249 comments I just sent off Everything Left Unsaid to Melanie yesterday...it'll probably take a week or so with the whole ocean to traverse, but it's on it's way!

message 30: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq | 612 comments It's getting closer!

message 31: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments Awesome! Thanks!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

ahh YAY! :) :)

message 33: by Jenny, puppets' bane (new)

Jenny (narcisse) | 1946 comments Hillary should have Thyla by now, but I haven't tracked it or asked her yet. And I realized that I forgot to post the animal picture, so:

She was afraid of the book lol, so that's the only one where she's not trying to get up and run for her life.

Maybe she doesn't like the creatures in it.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

hahahah so cute

message 35: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 759 comments Roux is giving you the death stare in that first picture. Prepare for something inside to be destroyed for her suffering and torment of forced posing.

I got the book last night.

message 36: by Jenny, puppets' bane (new)

Jenny (narcisse) | 1946 comments She got over the trauma when I threw a tennis ball.

message 37: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments LMAO! Oh, poor puppy!

message 39: by Casey (new)

Casey Anderson | 637 comments Woohoo closer to me!

message 40: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 759 comments Jenny wrote: "She got over the trauma when I threw a tennis ball."

That is exactly what she wants you to think! She will strike when you least expect it!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I got the Book today!!

But I am at work so it will have to wait to be opened till I get home :)

message 42: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments 4th: List for Everything Left Unsaid
Hillary, Florida
Jenny, Baton Rouge LA
Stacie, Nebraska
Stacia, Colorado
Carina, New Mexico
Katy, Arizona
Angie, Cali
Maree, San Francisco, CA
Melanie, Melbourne AUS
Isa, Philippines
Cynthia, Ontario Canada
Wendy, Michigan
DG, NYC
Dee, Waldorf MD
Emily, Charlotte North Carolina
Rae, FL
(back to Hillary)

Yay! It made it!

message 43: by Maree (new)

Maree | 249 comments Yay! Phew, I was getting worried about how long the ocean trip would last.

message 44: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 330 comments i don't know if it has changed much - but when I was growing up in Australia - Tuesday and Friday seemed to be the main days that international mail would arrive - there would be a smattering during the rest of the week, but the bulk of it was on those days

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

it also got delivered to the wrong level, as AUS post cant read!

I'm loving reading all your confussion to Aus words and traditons like boardies and schoolies haha so weird to think its strange to other people!

message 46: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Stacey (cynthia_stacey) | 73 comments Yeahhhhh getting really close to me now.

message 47: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) This is one of the BEST ideas i've ever seen. I can't wait til i meet the criteria or even get to "host" a book. Excellent job everyone! Whoot!

message 48: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments Thanks! :)

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

So I have finished Ill be sending it out on Monday :)

message 50: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 759 comments I'll also be sending Thyla out Monday. Gotta find something to send with it this weekend.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19