What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. WWII Book about Vampire Spies

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tab (new)

Tab Defarge | 1 comments About 7-10 years ago, I read this book where German spies are vampires during the infiltration of Britain during World War II. It was an adult book and relatively new when I read it. It's the first book of a trilogy and the second and third books were read about five years later. Thanks!

message 2: by Andria (last edited Mar 19, 2013 03:34PM) (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2501 comments Mod
Possibly Bloody Good? First in a trilogy by Georgia Evans. The time frame isn't exactly right, but worth a shot.

message 3: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilareads) | 100 comments Vampire nazis always make me think of The Keep.

message 4: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2501 comments Mod
I'm a little surprised at how many books out there have Nazi vampires. I don't know if any of these fit the OP's request, but if anyone else is interested in this theme:

Fiends of the Eastern Front: Operation Vampyr

Descendant

The Midnight Guardian

Darkness on the Ice

message 5: by laurenpie (new)

laurenpie | 131 comments Love The Keep! But unfortunately, no one goes to Britain.

message 6: by puppitypup (new)

puppitypup | 53 comments Laurenpie, if you can remember the name of the short story book we read last year, it had a great vampire twist in one of it's WWII stories.

message 7: by laurenpie (last edited Apr 01, 2013 01:56PM) (new)

laurenpie | 131 comments @puppitypup: Hmm, I don't think I read that particular one. And, unfortunately, it's not in any of the fantasy anthologies that I have here. Sure sounds good, hope you find it. :)

message 8: by Mir (new)

Mir | 712 comments If there's any chance it could have been WWI rather than II it might have been Barbara Hambly.

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Traveling with the Dead is one of Barbara Hambly's books that is set about the time of WWI and features vampires as spies as a side bar to the main story.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39320 comments Mod
Tab, are you still looking for this?

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39320 comments Mod
Tab only made one comment, and hasn't replied to any suggestions. Moving to Abandoned.

message 12: by Ingo (new)

Ingo (ilembcke) | 619 comments Clicking on "Tab", she was still active as of March 2015, maybe a direct mail is in order? While I will probably not read this, I want to know the answer and see this solved.

message 13: by Gbolahan (new)

Gbolahan (halosbane-kitchenstaffpikin) | 146 comments It could be something by Scott Harworth. He wrote Dark Moonlighting where the main character said something about being alive during WW2.