BookExpo America discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BEA Archives > *CLOSED* Books at BEA 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 210 (210 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah McBride (ideally_hannah) | 620 comments Mod
I know we have a thread for authors (with their books) already, but here's a list of books I've found will be given away as galley drops:

Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein (Disney-Hyperion)
The Lockwood & Co: Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud (Disney-Hyperion)
Gallagher Girls #6 by Ally Carter* (Disney-Hyperion)
The Enchanter Heir by Cinda Williams Chima

* are for galley drops/author signings

message 2: by Hannah (new)

The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross (Harlequin)

Odds are Kady will be there signing since she's signed every other year.

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Also, acording to THIS:

http://www.harpercollinscatalogs.com/...

It looks like Divergent #3 will be at BEA

message 4: by Hannah (new)

Starry Nights by Daisy Whitney (Bloomsbury)
Crown of Midnight by Sarah Maas (Bloomsbury)
Conjured by Sarah Beth Durst

message 5: by Lili (new)

Lili (lili_) Frigid by J. Lynn

message 6: by Krista (new)

Krista (kristasdustjacket) | 254 comments Mod
Shut. The. Front. Door.

The Enchanter Heir?

DIVERGENT #3????

How will I be able to stand myself over the next two months?

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 195 comments Mod
I'll believe Divergent 3 when I see it. I have a feeling all its going to be is a cover/title reveal or something like that.

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Nicole wrote: "I'll believe Divergent 3 when I see it. I have a feeling all its going to be is a cover/title reveal or something like that."

Such a Debbie Downer. *SIGH*

Yeah, it might be a long shot, but HC shocked everyone at ALA last year with ARCs of Unravel Me, but they limited it to 100 copies only. I could see them doing something similar.

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Hannah wrote: "Nicole wrote: "I'll believe Divergent 3 when I see it. I have a feeling all its going to be is a cover/title reveal or something like that."

Such a Debbie Downer. *SIGH*

Yeah, it might be a long..."

But that was a shock because it didn't come out for another 9 months, thats a LOT of lead time for an ARC, especially for HC. Don't get me wrong, I would DIE if it was there and then I would have photo shoots with it and not let it out of my sight, but I'm terrified of being super hopeful for it and then nadda.

message 10: by Hannah (new)

I just saw this at Veronica Roth's website:

How can I get an ARC (advance reader's copy) of Book 3?
Sorry to disappoint, but there won't be any ARCs of Book 3. But there will be plenty of fun things to bide your time with until the final copy comes out! More on that later.

Doesn't look like Divergent #3 will be there after all.

Stop laughing, Nicole.

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Who said I was laughing? I'm just as bummed about it as you are.

I will smirk and say that I was right.

message 12: by Jessica | (new)

Jessica | Secrets of the Stories (secretofthestories) | 119 comments SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! ALLY CARTER IS GOING TO BE THERE WITH GG6!?!?!? I'm so obsessed with this series!!!! *is officially crying* because I cannot go this year at all!!!!! :( If someone can pick up a copy of that for me I'd be eternally grateful!

message 13: by Nicole (new)

I gotchu girl

message 14: by Jessica | (new)

Jessica | Secrets of the Stories (secretofthestories) | 119 comments You're the best everr.. I just want to read it. Idk when it's coming out, but even waiting til June is torture. I have to read the whole series again before it comes out... I almost have book 1 memorized because I do this every time a new one comes out (means I'm reading book 1 for the 6th time, book 2 for the 5th time, etc.) I'm reallyyyy in love with the series lol. She almost always comes to my town for a signing of the new ones too, but Perfect Scoundrels tour this year did not have a PA stop, it was very upsetting because I would have been able to go this year, unlike the past 2 years when she was here the week after my college's spring break. I'm hoping she comes around here next spring though so I can have her sign the whole GG series.

message 15: by Hannah (new)

Wow, I have not read this series! Clearly I need to look into it!

message 16: by Hannah (new)

Jennifer Castle tweeted earlier: "I'll be signing YOU LOOK DIFFERENT IN REAL LIFE at @BookExpoAmerica Thurs 5/30, 2:30pm to 3:00pm, Autograph Table 9. Can't wait!"

So there's one signing we know about! Woohoo!

message 17: by Shanese La'Tia (new)

Shanese La'Tia (bo0kjunki3) | 37 comments Jessica - The Midnight Bookworm wrote: "SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! ALLY CARTER IS GOING TO BE THERE WITH GG6!?!?!? I'm so obsessed with this series!!!! *is officially crying* because I cannot go this year at all!!!!! :( If someone can pick up ..."

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 18: by NorwegianBook (new)

NorwegianBook (norwegianbookgirl) | 16 comments Here are more books that will be there:
Hannah Kent: Burial Rites
Daniel Woodrell: The Maid's Version
Rachel Urquhart: The Visionist
Amy Tan: The Valley of Amazement
William Boyd: James Bond; The New Mission
Diana Gabaldon: Written in My Own Blood
Jamie Ford: Songs of Willow Frost

ARCs of Colleen Gleason's YA debut "The Clockwork Scarab" will be there as well. Cleason herself is not sure if she will be there.

message 19: by Hannah (new)

Oh, awesome! And Hi, Norwegian Book Girl! I totally forgot your name, but we met on Day 1 at BEA last year waiting in line to get in. LOL

message 20: by NorwegianBook (new)

NorwegianBook (norwegianbookgirl) | 16 comments Hi :) That's right. Spent a lot of time in line. This year there will be more Norwegian bookbloggers.

I have been going through catalogs on Edelweiss, and some books have their marketingplans lined up with BEA as one of them.

message 21: by Lexie (new)

Lexie (poisonedrationality) | 657 comments Mod
AMY TAN ::coughs::

message 22: by Jay (new)

Jay oh man.. I had my hopes up for a tiny bit about Divergent#3.. so there won't be any ARCs at all? bummer. So happy for the galley drop of GG6!!

message 23: by Krista (new)

Just saw that Cora Carmack will be signing copies of Losing It for sure. She may also have copies of Faking It by then too!

message 24: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Ruiz | 51 comments Krista, yeah I heard that too ! Rebecca Donovan said she'll be there too !

message 25: by Hannah (new)

Juhina wrote: "oh man.. I had my hopes up for a tiny bit about Divergent#3.. so there won't be any ARCs at all? bummer. So happy for the galley drop of GG6!!"

Not entirely sure they'll do a galley drop, but there will definitely be a signing. :)

message 26: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Ruiz | 51 comments Hannah, I know Veronica Roth is attending a author breakfast but do you know if she'll be signing too ?

message 27: by Hannah (new)

Jackie wrote: "Hannah, I know Veronica Roth is attending a author breakfast but do you know if she'll be signing too ?"

She isn't listed on the sneak peek list, but I can't imagine her NOT signing. Last year she was part of the HarperCollins "Dark Days" signing. If she signs something, odds are it will be a paperback of Divergent since she said there won't be arcs of #3. But I'd lay odds on her signing in the publisher's booth.

message 28: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Ruiz | 51 comments Yay ! Thanks :)

Stephanie (Stephs Stacks) (stephsstacks) | 108 comments Hannah wrote: "Also, acording to THIS:

It looks like Divergent #3 will be at BEA"

That would be awesome! I signed up for the breakfast, so we'll see...might just be a dang poster or something though :)

message 30: by Hannah (new)

Stephanie (Stephs Stacks) wrote: "Hannah wrote: "Also, acording to THIS:

It looks like Divergent #3 will be at BEA"

That would be awesome! I signed up for the..."

Yeah, but Veronica Roth said they aren't printing any arcs of Divergent #3. Odds are it will be a cover reveal (like they did with FINALE) last year and her signing book 1.

message 31: by Lexie (new)

maybe they'll do something cool like Finale and Carnival of Souls--I wouldn't mind some more hunky men walking around...

or with teh cast being announced maybe something with some of them?

message 32: by Hannah (new)

Lexie wrote: "maybe they'll do something cool like Finale and Carnival of Souls--I wouldn't mind some more hunky men walking around...

or with teh cast being announced maybe something with some of them?"

Maaaybe? But they're supposed to be filming this summer. I doubt any of them would be able to get away for BEA.

message 33: by Lexie (new)

Pfft this is BEA--there isn't anything more important in the world.

message 34: by Taschima (new)

Taschima | 143 comments Lexie wrote: "Pfft this is BEA--there isn't anything more important in the world."

Truer words have never been spoken lol

message 35: by Hannah (new)

-Starry Nights by Daisy Whitney (galley giveaway)
-Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
-Dead Ends by Erin Jade Lange (*possible)
-Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles

message 36: by Hannah (new)

http://www.epicreads.com/divergent/

The widget for Allgient says the cover reveal is happening in May. I'm guessing it'll be at BEA. ;)

message 37: by Nicole (new)

*cough*calledit*cough*

message 38: by Hannah (new)

Nicole wrote: "*cough*calledit*cough*"

Shut up. LOL

message 39: by Hannah (new)

I'm totally lost. Now, under the book list at the BEA site, it says DIVERGENT III.

So it will be there????

message 40: by Keri (new)

Keri Payton (keripayton) | 39 comments Hannah wrote: "I'm totally lost. Now, under the book list at the BEA site, it says DIVERGENT III.

So it will be there????"

I think it's listed because Roth will be talking about it at the Children's Author Breakfast.

message 41: by Krista (new)

^ This. Rick Riordan won't have House of Hades with him either. Last I checked his website, he wasn't even completely done writing it yet. But, he'll be discussing it.

message 42: by Hannah (new)

Hmmmm ... I don't care either way. Unless someone walked up and handed me a copy of Divergent 3, I would stay FAR away from that line. That will be insane.

Same thing with Cassandra Clare's line. Thank goodness they ticketed her.

message 43: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Hager (khager) | 38 comments I don't know where or when, but Megan McCafferty says that the first Jessica Darling prequel will be at BEA. I know Little, Brown doesn't announce galley drops, so if anyone sees it, please Tweet me ASAP. (@khager) I plan to stalk the crap out of their booth, though. :)

message 44: by Nicole (new)

Not necessarily, Galley Drops can be announced. Penguin hands out a card in the mornings letting you know when and where. Disney can be a little bit more sneaky about it by saying once in the mornings, mid day and afternoon. On the last day, Disney had FC of Code Name Verity which was a surprise. Simon will tell you when you ask (at least they did last year, maybe they had a thing and I didn't see it.)

So to answer your questions, Its a little of both.

message 45: by Lexie (new)

Also some places--Penguin Teen, HarperTeen, HarlequinTeen--will have posts on their twitter or blog with their galley drops.

message 46: by Lexie (new)

oh trust me they kind of expect that (by now) I think. One booth (Yen Press/Orbit) tends to have the same folks in charge year to year and the one guy, Alex, sees me and rolls his eyes, tending to answer my questions before I ask them (since they tend to be the same thing). 'Yes that is coming out, no I don't know if we have that, yes you should check this out, and did you see this book by that author?'

message 47: by Hannah (new)

HarperCollins handed out papers with galley drop times too

message 48: by Hannah (new)

Perusing Edelweiss and I stumbled across these books that are listed as titles that will have promotion at BEA:

-Blythewood by Carol Goodman
-All The Truth That's In Me by Julie Berry
-Frozen by Melissa de la Cruz

message 49: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Hager (khager) | 38 comments I want Blythewood SO MUCH. I love Carol Goodman. (Hannah---Thursday, my blog will have a "Books I Would Bite People For At BEA" list. ;) )

message 50: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Hager (khager) | 38 comments (Note: I will not bite someone. I promise.)

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.