Addicted to Novels - YA Books and more... discussion

Kirstin Pulioff
This topic is about Kirstin Pulioff
Kirstin Pulioff (March 18th, 2013)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Kirstin Pulioff

Who are you? Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Absolutely! Me in a nutshell…I was born and raised in Southern CA, moved to Oregon to pursue a degree in Forest Management from Oregon State University, and have been living up here since. I am happily married to my own Prince Charming, and have two wonderful kids. Staying home with the kids is my primary job, but there are lots of extra odds and ends between church and the family business to keep me busy. I live in chaos, enjoy adventures, and write in my closet. 

What made you want to be a writer?
Writing has always been my creative outlet. Some people sing, some bake, some paint… I write. It’s just an extension of who I am, and I feel so honored to be able to share stories with so many people.

Are the names of the characters in your novels important?
Some of them… although the characters are completely 100% made up, I do like to throw some names around. My son’s name is as a small character, my daughter’s best friend is the name of the Princess’s friend, and my nephew is a main character in the sequel. I think it’s the fun part of being an author and getting to include your own personal life in the pieces you create… but I have promised to never make someone a bad guy.

While you were writing, did you ever feel as if you were one of the characters?
Absolutely! That is one of the reasons I love reading or writing, being able to escape into the characters. To feel their struggles, be astonished with their growth, and laugh at their follies.
Princess Madeline is such a relatable character too. She is a princess, but above all, she is a 16 year old girl, struggling to find her place in the world. She was a balance between the hard and soft, vulnerability with strength, stubbornness with creativity, and defiance with intelligence.

What types of things make you laugh in books?
I am astonished at how some authors can write humor. It is a talent that does not come naturally to me… so I love it when I find myself laughing out loud. Usually it is some sticky situation and their complex way of stumbling out of it.

What do you do to unwind and relax?
*When* I get a moment to do that, I usually love to sit with a cup of coffee and look out the windows to the farmland nearby. Just relax and enjoy a moment of silence and beauty. Hiking and yoga are also up high on my list.

Have you ever considered anyone as a mentor?
Not officially… I have a few authors who I jokingly tell I want to be like them when I grow up… Yes, Trish Dawson and Bobbie Shafer, I am talking about you two!

Will you have a new book coming out soon?
YES!!!! The Sequel “The Battle for Princess Madeline,” will be released summer 2013. Now that she has the future she has dreamt of, how far will she go to protect it.

Where can we find your books?
They are at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/The-Escape-Prin...
Barnes&Noble http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-e...
and direct from the publisher http://www.caliburnbook.com/the-escap...

If you could leave your readers with one bit of wisdom, what would you want it to be?
Life is too short to live with regrets. Take chances, pursue your dreams, and count your blessings. Dream about tomorrow, learn from the past, and live fully in the moment.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

CHECK OUT

The Escape of Princess Madeline by Kirstin Pulioff

The Kingdom of Soron is known for many things, its rolling landscape, haunting history, fiery sunsets, and its beautiful princess. Princess Madeline woke on her sixteenth birthday to realize that her future had been planned out, a life full of privilege, royalty, and boredom... a life with a husband and knight champion that she did not choose. Using her charm, strength and stubbornness, she defies the King at every turn, determined to keep her freedom on her terms.

Freedom quickly turns to disaster as she finds herself seized by a group of wandering bandits. With the kingdom in turmoil over her capture- her Knight Champion eager to prove himself, a group of dedicated suitors determined to win her hand, and a group of exiled wizards join forces in the hunt to rescue her. Follow Princess Madeline in this adventure to find freedom and love.

message 3: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin Pulioff | 5 comments I am so excited to be featured today! Please check out the links, ask me any questions, and feel free to share the information.

I am excited to announce that the sequel, The Battle for Princess Madeline will be released end of May 2013.

message 4: by Simon (new)

Simon Okill (tassyoneill) | 2 comments That was a wonderful interview of my great friend Kirstin. Now I know her even more than she dared. Woowooowoooo from Phantom Bigfoot

message 5: by P.J. (new)

P.J. LaRue Great interview, Kirstin. I feel like I know you more now :)

Addicted to Novels - YA Books and more...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Escape of Princess Madeline (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kirstin Pulioff (other topics)