The Newbery Award and Honor Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mystery > The Westing Game

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 7 comments I agree with you Megan. This book is one of my favorites. I read the last couple of pages a couple of times just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I really appreciated the quick summary of how everyone's lives turned out after the game was done. It made the story more satisfying to me than if the book had just ended with Turtle shouting out the answer to the game when the fireworks went off.

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan | 86 comments I'm with you on the ending. I like the happily-ever-after-ness of it. For me it's one of those books where I get so drawn in by the characters, their quirks, charms, and faults, that I really hate to see them go at the end.

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 7 comments I know exactly what you mean. When I really connect with the characters I hate to finish the book. It often makes me sad, it's almost like a friend has moved or something.

message 4: by Adelina (new)

Adelina | 37 comments I finished it finally! I loved this book as well. I had a hard time keeping track of all the characters, but I think I got it in the end. Now to go watch the movie and compare!

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan | 86 comments I want to hear your thoughts on the movie, since I didn't even know there was one, and am now very curious.

message 6: by Adelina (new)

Adelina | 37 comments Horrible! Ok not horrible, but the book was 1000000000.....times better. They left alot of the characters out and readjusted the partnerships. Turtles sister is engaged to Plum to lawyer and he is awful, and it doesn't show their life continued on. You can borrow it this weekend if you want, but be forewarned!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.