This Man (This Man, #1) This Man discussion

Liked it, Loved it and hated it

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Arlene Mcintosh So I am not sure how to feel about this book - I loved it it was intense and then I hated it also because there was no communication between these 2 characters and it drove me nuts. I thought there was quite a bit of humour in it also which I liked. The sexual chemistry was fantastic. I do love books with the man as intense and feels so much love for the woman that it is unbearable but I also felt exhausted by it. I did love the other characters in the book also like Sam and Kate. I am on the second book of this series and I am looking forward to reading it but I don't know if I can handle anymore drama but they are quite hot together but there does come a time when you have to talk about stuff.

100sweet I really loved it bc of the H. Yes, he is pretty crazy and OTT but that is what I have always wanted in a H. Usually you only see this kind of H in historicals or paranormals which I don't read. This was the first time I got such an intense H in a contemporary book and I can't wait to read more from this author. However, I would not approve of this kind of person in reality. Just another reason why books are so wonderful.

Leslie hated every f*ing second of this book. It took me about 3 weeks to read it because I was so upset with it. The 2nd was even worse to me.... just dramatic and pychotic for no reason Jesse Ward has NOOOO redeeming qualities about him...

Shannon 100sweet wrote: "I really loved it bc of the H. Yes, he is pretty crazy and OTT but that is what I have always wanted in a H. Usually you only see this kind of H in historicals or paranormals which I don't read. Th..."

I loved Jesse, but if he were real, and on my doorstep I would run LOL I totally agree

Tiffany Readz I also hated it and didn't bother with the second one. A lot of books claim to be like Fifty, this one was way off of the mark.

Kerry Jenkinson I did love this book, but it was frustrating at times. And how many times can you get distracted by sex?? I mean they never seemed to eat a meal or have a proper conversation, it just all turned to sex!! A little bit much in my opinion... we all like a good raunchy read but this was a little over the top.

Arlene Mcintosh Kerry wrote: "I did love this book, but it was frustrating at times. And how many times can you get distracted by sex?? I mean they never seemed to eat a meal or have a proper conversation, it just all turned to..."

LOL - so true Kerry. Love raunchy but for god's sake have a conversation and the 2nd book I was like there is no way I would get myself whipped for any man. I just thought over the top.

Kerry Jenkinson Lol I know, her sore back still didn't seem to stop them going at it like rabbits :-)

Arlene Mcintosh Kerry wrote: "Lol I know, her sore back still didn't seem to stop them going at it like rabbits :-)"

Love you sense of humour and I thought the same thing

Tracy The problem was I couldn't stop reading it because, I was really just waiting for her to get a back bone. I actually felt myself get angry after reading these books.

Lilach I became addicted to the book. I could not put it down. It's definitely worth reading after 50 shades .... A beautiful love story and hot sex scenes where the hero is just madly in love with her and emphasis on crazy! But it is impossible not to fall in love with him ...
I would give more stars if it was possible!

Leslie I agree with you Arlene and Kerry. It was a fun areas but lets take a second and just have one straight conversation. The second book was even worse and even infuriating at times...let's get some communication. I do like big hulking alphas but the sever double standard in these books drove me crazy! I would like Ava to grow more of a backbone. Still like reading it though lol love/hate :)

Katerina In my opinion, Ava has a backbone. She is just too overwhelmed with emotions to express her thoughts out loud.
Since Jesse is described like a Godlike creature, how can she possibly resist him?
Even female readers seem to fall in love with him...
From what I remember, the beginning of a relationship/ affair is definitely the time when people have the most sex and less conversation.
Ava does not believe, that this thing with Jesse will last and so why bother him with awkward queries...

message 14: by Jo - (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.• I absolutely love this series. I wish that people/publishers would get over trying to compare other books to the Fifty Shades Trilogy, seems pointless to me.

I love Jesse Ward, he is smexy and loves Ava with so much passion and obsession but she loves him just as madly.

She has a back bone, I love how she stands up to Sarah and she has the power in this whole relationship, he needs her.

I agree with you Shannon, if he was on my doorstep I'd run too, lol! However, I love reading about him :)

Heather Arlene wrote: "So I am not sure how to feel about this book - I loved it it was intense and then I hated it also because there was no communication between these 2 characters and it drove me nuts. I thought ther..."

OMG.... these are my exact thoughts!!!! While I kept reading and loved it, I was so frustrated with it as well.... I know I will also read book three but don't know how much more I can take....

Heather Tracy wrote: "The problem was I couldn't stop reading it because, I was really just waiting for her to get a back bone. I actually felt myself get angry after reading these books."

Same with me.... UGH!

RedRedtheycallmeRed The first book was ok (but I guess I liked it enough to read the second).

The second book was so bad I kept hoping that both Jesse and Ava would get hit by a bus.

Pretty sure I can't stomach a third book.

Heather Red wrote: "The first book was ok (but I guess I liked it enough to read the second).

The second book was so bad I kept hoping that both Jesse and Ava would get hit by a bus.

Pretty sure I can't stomach a th..."

LOL...

message 19: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee Kerry wrote: "I did love this book, but it was frustrating at times. And how many times can you get distracted by sex?? I mean they never seemed to eat a meal or have a proper conversation, it just all turned to..."

absolutely

Heather Heather wrote: "Red wrote: "The first book was ok (but I guess I liked it enough to read the second).

Pretty sure I can't ..."

READ BOOK 3!!! I felt the same with books 1 and 2 but book 3 sheds some light... LOL

Tracy I'm reading the 3rd book right now. I'm so happy that Ava is getting a little bit of a back bone. But I'm only 25% in... ! I guess the first 2 books reeled me in because of the hot crazy sex and crazy confrontations!!

Colleen I'm about half through book #2. It is intense and part of me wants to smack both Jesse and Ava! One how can you tell someone to watch their mouth and then you the language that you are telling the other person not to? Pot hiya I'm kettle...seriously. Oh and telling someone, I'm sorry Alpha Male or not, I'd be laying down the law myself on how I was being treated. Don't get me wrong, I do love Alpha Males but the way Ava is treated and yeah some is her fault; is a bit much. Perhaps I'm reacting to slightly stronger then other readers but I would seriously have to walk away from Jesse. If he reacts and "acts up" whose fault is it? He is slightly bordering on a bit of a manic personality.

Ashley So very many thoughts about this book, but going to keep it short. For crying out loud talk to each other, it can be after sleepy sex, sleepy bath time whenever, they had loads of chances to have a conversation. I want to like him, I really do but he makes it hard to and she is not some weak woman, but I am having a hard time not thinking of her like that. When she slapped him I wanted to do a dance of joy.

Saria I loved this book alot !!! I think the author is genius. It has plot and frustrating conflict. But something really annoys me. Their naked routine..it's kinda disturbing to imagine..of them having a meal in the kitchen-NAKED!!!...please...pleaseee...I want to erase it from my memory..(╥_╥)​

Christine This series is about two people who fall in love with each other so quickly, both emotionally and physically hard. That's why they behave so irrationally and crazily out of character. That's why they drive you nuts through the first 2 books, their behaviour is not normal. If you start this series don't give up, read the 3rd book, it will all start to make sense.

I am reading it the second time around and I'm picking up so many things I missed the first time. In fact I'm finding them both more annoying this time but I still love the series.

message 26: by Lori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lori owen LOVED IT.......................

Katie The worst part about these books? After describing the sex scenes (he inserted 2 fingers into her) he then went and inserted his fingers into the peanut butter jar. All the time! So gross! Get a spoon!

Feliz Love love loved it!

Ilana i loved it. it's not often that i feel the need to give a book 5 stars, but i think that in this instance, it was warranted. the characters are both established in what they do and who they are that they don't depend on one another, yet you begin to see that there's a LOT more to the story than what we get in the first installment. i'm in book 2 now and i CAN'T WAIT to see where this series goes.