Shounen Manga Book Club discussion

Anime > Adaptations of Manga You Want

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

There are a lot of manga series that we love, yet they don't have anime adaptations. What are some series you think should be adapted?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

The series I want the most and am amazed was never adapted is Red River, Vol. 1. This series is amazing and deserving of an adaptation.

message 3: by Nekokit (new)

Nekokit | 114 comments I really want Yotsuba&!, Vol. 1to be adapted. The series is still going, But I really hope that Yotsuba with become an anime.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

That series would make an awesome anime!

message 5: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (juvia_winter) | 46 comments Wednesday wrote: "The series I want the most and am amazed was never adapted is Red River, Vol. 1. This series is amazing and deserving of an adaptation."

That would be a really great anime!

Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson (wickedshizuku) | 12 comments I vote for From Far Away or Ryou.

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (radiantserenechaos) | 336 comments I'd love to see a Maoh: Juvenile Remix anime and a Cirque Du Freak anime. A Brotherhood style Soul Eater reboot would also be really cool. There are so many scenes I want to see animated and with the awesome music that the anime has.

message 8: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (juvia_winter) | 46 comments I would like to see them make the rest of Skip Beat. It was really good.

message 9: by Mike (new)

Mike | 239 comments Mod
Nekokit wrote: "I really want Yotsuba&!, Vol. 1to be adapted. The series is still going, But I really hope that Yotsuba with become an anime."

Yotsuba would be fantastic as an anime.

The top of my list actually has been adapted, but never translated: Kindaichi Case Files.

For things never converted I'd love to see A Bride's Story adapted. Afraid they would do Mori's detailed art style justice though.

message 10: by Hardian (new)

Hardian | 22 comments Yess, it's strange that Yotsuba&!, Vol. 01 has not been adapted into anime.

I personally would want Kekkaishi, Vol. 01 to be continued. It's been animated until volume 13, while those volumes are just early part of the bigger, more epic, main story.

Mike wrote: "For things never converted I'd love to see A Bride's Story adapted. Afraid they would do Mori's detailed art style justice though."

Nooo. Well, maybe if it's a movie anime adaptation, it'll have more hope to do justice to Mori's art.

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (radiantserenechaos) | 336 comments I heard that the author of Yotsuba&! refuses to let it get an anime adaptation because he was unhappy with how his other work was adapted into an anime. I'm not sure what exactly he didn't like, but I think it had something to do with the production and not being consulted or something like that.

message 12: by Mike (new)

Mike | 239 comments Mod
Wow, that's really interesting. I've heard nothing but positive about the Azumanga Daioh anime, so I never would have guessed that. Shame, but I can certainly understand him wanting to preserve his visions.

message 13: by Ash (new)

Ash | 74 comments Hardian, I would also love to see the rest of Kekkaishi made in to an anime. The entire story was so good!
Also, Durarara has a light novel that would add a lot to the whole story. It would make an excellent anime.

message 14: by Hardian (last edited Mar 23, 2014 05:07PM) (new)

Hardian | 22 comments Ash wrote: "Also, Durarara has a light novel that would add a lot to the whole story. It would make a..."

Have you heard that Durarara will get a new anime? :)
It'll be set a half year after the event in the first series. Not sure if it's a direct adaptation to the light novels or not, though.

message 15: by Ash (new)

Ash | 74 comments Hardian wrote: "Ash wrote: "Also, Durarara has a light novel that would add a lot to the whole story. It would make a..."

Have you heard that Durarara will get a new anime? :)
It'll be set a half year after the e..."

No, I haven't heard. Thanks so much for telling me! I really hope it is from the light novel, but either way I will be watching! Any idea when?

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (radiantserenechaos) | 336 comments Ash wrote: "No, I haven't heard. Thanks so much for telling me! I really hope it is from the light novel, but either way I will be watching! Any idea when? "

I don't believe a release date has been announced yet, but I'm almost positive it will continue adapting the light novels. There's so much untouched content that needs adapting!