Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

The Lonely (The Lonely, #1)
This topic is about The Lonely
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Ask An Author, Win A Book Corner > AC: Tara Brown of The Lonely (April 10-11)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Apr 11, 2013 07:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fran | 10936 comments Tara Brown, a New Adult, Science Fiction, Fantasy And Paranormal Romance author, will be joining us for a Q&A and book giveaway from April 10 - April 11, 2013.

Meet Tara:

I am not going to talk in the third person. It feels weird.
I am a Canadian author of Paranormal Romance, Post Apocalyptic and Fantasy novels. Mostly because I think I have Writers ADD, I like to call it WADD. It might be a real thing.
I write New Adult, my books have sexual content (Heck yes) and Swearing. You have been warned. Now enjoy!

I have a beagle named Buster, a husband who I force to read everything I write and two girls who want so badly to be a character in my books. And not in that order.

I am mid thirties so be prepared for the chick lit novel this year. I am calling it my Ode to my Midlife Crisis.
I have been writing since I was old enough to lie. So for some time.

Welcome to my world. Please enjoy the ride.

Twitter: TaraBrown22

Books: The Lonely by Tara Brown Cursed (The Devil's Roses, #1) by Tara Brown Born (Born, #1) by Tara Brown Bane (The Devil's Roses, #2) by Tara Brown Hyde (The Devil's Roses, #3) by Tara Brown Witch (The Devil's Roses, #4) by Tara Brown Death (The Devil's Roses, #5) by Tara Brown The Light of the World (Light, #1) by Tara Brown Vengeance (The Blood Trail Chronicles, #1) by Tara Brown Blackwater (Blackwater Witches, #1) by Tara Brown Legacy by Unknown Born to Fight by Unknown The End of Me by Tara Brown

Giveaway:

Tara will be giving away one paperback copy of The Lonely,Born,Vengeance and Blackwater. She will also be giving away one ebook copy of The Lonely,Cursed,Born,Bane,Hyde,Witch,Death,The Light of the World,Vengeance and Blackwater. Open to U.S./Canada

message 2: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fran | 10936 comments Welcome Tara! It's a pleasure to have you with us!

I hope you enjoy your time with our members; and good luck to you all!

GUIDELINES FOR AUTHOR AND PARTICIPANTS:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3...

Members, if you can please write the questions in bold; it would be easier for Tara to know that you have asked a question and less chance that it will be missed. Thanks!

In order to bold-

Place < b > before the question you have for Tara and < /b > after the question. Make sure there are no spaces.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Morning!!!!

message 4: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fran | 10936 comments Hi Tara!

Thanks so much for joining us! Total fangirl here :)

I noticed most of your books have a supernatural/paranormal element.

Where did the story for The Lonely come from? How did writing a Contemporary book compare to writing your paranormal titles?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Awww thanks Fran!!!!

I love supernatural and science fiction, crazy Robert Jordan fan, so the genre flows easily for me.
Contemporary was so hard. I had to make the monsters real and the pain felt worse than anything. Blaming something on the devil or a vampire makes the pain less, having Ari around makes it reversible. But having real people do terrible things, you need reasons. Those reasons are always awful things. Why is someone messed up or why would they listen to a crazy psychotic therapist? It's real dirt and disturbing.
It was quite hard even if the story just ripped right out of me.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for having me

message 7: by Questian (new)

Questian (sakurastrife) | 457 comments Hi TARA!!!

Good eveing(im in the Philippines so the time frame is different)

I haven't read any of your books, so i have too look for them since your genre is supernatural and paranormal, which i'm currently into. And i think having this kind of genre is cool.

Anyway i'd like to ask you:

How hard is it to create a genre that revoles around the world of the unknown?

And if it's a series, how do you stay in track?

I'd like to see your thoughs in these things because, i tired to write on the same genre, i got lost... thanks Tara...

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha welcome!!!!
It's easy for me to create the world. I always base them on ours. I take real conspiracy theories for my post apoc books. Or actual biblical stories and references for my paranormal. Or I use folk lore. In Vengeance I used something called the Vulkodlak. It's a real legend. I do a ton of research. The world building is the most fun for me. I love creating new rules. The Devils Roses is based on the fact that Lucifer fell because God asked her to. She created the Roses to protect mankind from evil angels who fell for dark reasons. Needless to say its not totally popular with everyone. But the world is similar to ours and the people in the story each bring something amazing to the group. The rules are strict. I get lost sometimes too but I have to find my way back and fix whatever rules I break.
Born the rules that were set in stone had to break. For Emma to grow and experience she had to change as her entire reality changed.
Even in The Lonely as Emma's world shifts, her rules change. It's hard to keep up and make it realistic.
I'm lucky because my husband has OCD and he reads the books and finds the inconsistencies.
So because of him I stay on track. It's lucky because I enjoy making each book as complex as I can. I hate for people to guess what's coming next. I should have been a magician lol

message 9: by Questian (new)

Questian (sakurastrife) | 457 comments I like the idea of the Series of the Roses...That is the 1st time that i have heard of that plot...it's YA though but heck! it's sounds nice....

Thank you so much Tara!!!

Maybe now i can write down the Super natural story that have been brewing in my head... (evil laugh)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks!!! My books are more New Adult than YA. They are more violent and sexual and the people are older. My violence level is pretty high. Not horror but for sure not for younger YA.

Go and write!!!! I hope it flows for you.

message 11: by Questian (new)

Questian (sakurastrife) | 457 comments HEy my kind of books!!! wahahahahahahaha

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

:-)

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments Hi Tara - thanks for joining us

if we were to get a peak at your bedside table/ereader, what authors would we likely see?

message 14: by Diane (new)

Diane | 4 comments HI!!!! I have been wondering how you relate with today's youth???! I'm closing in on 40...have a husband..2 kids..and I feel like I'm in another world most of the time!

message 15: by Christy (new)

Christy (christycoleman9) When writing the Roses series and you knew that you were going to have Dorian change Aimee, did you think about having those 2 get together at any point in the series? When I read the Blackwater scene I was in tears because I always knew he loved her for real and her feelings she could never explain were among the soul-mate type but was always fighting between her feelings for Aleks and Shane

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Dee!!!

I have started a lot of books lately and finished none. Writing is a time eater.
These are my TBR some are hard copy and some are ereader and some are partly read lol, yikes

Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time Series latest book
The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmirski for book club
Cut & Run by Abigail Roux
I am HER by Sara Anne Walker
Knotted Roots by Ruthi Kight- member of my street team who has written a novel and doing very well.

Finished in the last month was
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Under the Dome by Stephen King

message 17: by Chanin (last edited Apr 10, 2013 06:53AM) (new) - added it

Chanin Malley | 4 comments Hi tara, I was wondering where do you get your inspiration for your novels? Is it dream related?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Diane
I am horribly immature I think. I don't feel like I've aged beyond eighteen, maybe twenty-two. My friends range from my bestie's daughter who is seventeen to one of my dearest who is in her sixties. I will say I don't completely understand the younger generations. My kids mystify me. I try to remember what it was like being that age. How important things were to me, and my grandma asking me if they would matter in a hundred years and I swore they would. Now I don't even remember what they were.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Christy!!

I knew he wanted her, from the start. I knew he was the best character in the books. He was a truly amazing person behind his cold exterior. He was the smartest by far, always many steps ahead. I never realized they were soul mates until the final book. Her hate for him of course was love. Aimee is such a moron in so many ways. She is smart in all the wrong ways. She doesn't see her love/lust for Aleks is fake and her feelings for Shane are petty.
Let's just say The Redeemers is going to be interesting hahaha

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Chanin,

Cursed was dream related and it seemed that when I started writing it a few years ago I couldn't make it work. I tried too hard to make the book the way I wanted it to be. Now I have learned I have zero control over where the story goes. I am a pantser writer. I just type and they choose how it goes. I edit and SMH at the choices the book makes but the raw story line is chosen for me. I get most of my inspiration from music and then the story just pours out.

message 21: by Christy (new)

Christy (christycoleman9) Thank You Tara for answering!! I am probably 1 of the only people in my group of friends who have read this series who have seen it the same way as you do! I love Dorian, even though he was an ass he is truly a softy and it shows when he is around Aimee. When he took her from the hospital I believe that is what made her "hate" him in her mind. I can not wait for the Redeemers series to come out. I am sitting on the edge of my seat biting my nails. I am going to start your other books today :)

message 22: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments thanks for answering Tara and you need to finish Cut and Run ;) That is by far one of my favorite series - I just bought the most recent one the other day; and the book before that just became the first m/m to win DBWAHA ;)

you have quite a backlist of books - for someone new to your writing, where would you recommend they start - assuming no preference for genres

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Christy!!! I am about to upload the new Light of the World today. I have had some majorrrrrr editing issues. Finding a decent one has ben painful. I love being indie but some days ... so if you have bought it I will email you the updated version. Let me know in PM. The Roses are next on the new editor's hit list. They are last in the long line of re-editing. I feel back for her hahaha. I sort of just dumped a dozen books on her.
Dorian is my fav character of all and you're right. You probably are the only person who got it. Most people came to Death and went wtf, huh... No one saw that coming. I thought it was so obvious how he felt about her.
He was always messing with her, like he couldn't help himself.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for asking me questions!!!

Dee, I would start with the Roses. If you like Paranormal. If not, none of my other books will probably be enjoyable. The Lonely was a bit of an oddball for me. I wrote it as a request. Now I am doing a series of contemporary/suspense/mystery/romance novels called The Single Lady Spy Series. The End of me is the first book in it.

Assuming no preference for genre though:

Cursed
Bane
Hyde
Witch
Death

Blackwater

The Light of the World

Vengeance

Born - the only science fiction I currently have. It's a post apoc upper YA.

I have a huge backlist. I think I have WADD for real. Writer's ADD. I jump genres a lot. I write a lot too, 10k a day sometimes for a week straight. It's crazy. I find people read The Lonely and Born and like those together but hate the fantasy and then the opposite of that. I have had some very unfortunate fantasy fans read The Lonely. I have tried warning people off of it.

I am for sure going to read The Cut and Run series. I was enjoying it before I got swept up in work. I had no idea I loved M/M books, but I do!!!!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Fran, I just realized I never answered your question...

The Lonely came from a request to write a romance novel with erotica in it. I clearly failed my mission, epically.
The story was supposed to be my first weak, feeble girl who was pathetic and sad and needing rescuing. I am the queen of badass female characters. I never manage to make one who needs rescuing. I wanted her to be a Mary Sue who was feeble and hated. The man made her lovable and he was the sun of her universe.
I don't know if I am incapable of such a story or if I pulled it off at least a little, but I see Emalyn as a strong person. She needs him, there is no doubt. But she is strong.
The story literally came from my own weird OCD's. I have a hand sani thing. I combined it with my greatest fear for my kids. Abduction is my BIGGEST fear. My husband grew up with a girl who went missing at 18 and has never been recovered. My best friend married the missing girl's brother. Their story has always impacted me as it's been a huge part of my married life. My best friend is missing a sister in law. I hated the story The Lonely, it played on my fears and OCD's and pain and then it ended with my own fantasies. Yikes, lol. TMI moment. But it's true.

message 26: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fran | 10936 comments Thanks for sharing that with us Tara! As a mom, I totally get the abduction fear. My son hid from me in a department store for 2 minutes when he was about 1 1/2 years old, my husband let him out of his stroller for a second and he ran into another section of the store when I turned around for one second! I found him hiding behind some clothes in the next section about 2 minutes later, but they were the longest 2 minutes of my life. I don't think I will ever get over that! You just never know who is hanging around, watching your kids. I am slightly neurotic about my kids letting me know where they are at all times, and 2 of them are teens already, but I can't help it- cell phones are the greatest invention ever!

OK, back to The Lonely, lol.

Rumor has it....Sebastian and Eli will be getting their own books! I really hope so! I don't want to give away any important and/or shocking plot points so I won't say any more about them ;)

Any time frame for Eli's POV story and/or Sebastian's?

message 27: by Patrice (last edited Apr 10, 2013 10:05AM) (new) - added it

Patrice (njbooklover) | 25 comments WOW. So many questions and answers. You've accomplished so much. I haven't read any of your books YET. After reading the questions and responses here I will definitely put some from each genre on my TBR list. I always find it so fascinating when a writer can go totally "out of the box" and create a new world and characters that are supernatural or other-worldly How do you create a believable world and new characters that only exist in the creator's mind?

message 28: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Wilson (BlessedAngel) | 32 comments What influenced you into your genre?

message 29: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Wilson (BlessedAngel) | 32 comments Did you ever travel as a child and if so did any of the places you traveled to influence your writing today?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG Fran I know!!! Scary!! I nearly attacked a man at the pool yesterday, well I told the life guard he was creepy. He was, I swear...

The Lost Boy is Eli's Book. It is the mirror of Em's. It is going to be the opposite of it and be just as bizarre and messed up. But you will see the plot holes I left open, the Doctor, the Spicers, Stuart, the Institution. It'll be scary and dark. I've gotten so many questions that make me smile, "Like how long has be had that room?"
Very interesting question indeed :-)

Sebastian is getting his own book because of requests. Fan attacks have outnumbered any other book I have written so I have committed to it.

Both are due out this summer, late summer.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Patrice,

I actually don't know. I do a lot of research in especially Folk Tales. I have actually read all of the Grim Bother's stories. They made up some awesome beings. But I need the creature to be lovable and twisted in humane ways. It's something I have to have for the story. My favorite of all the tales is Beauty and the Beast. I never was a Cinderella or Snow White kind of girl. Sleeping beauty is fun but I like Anne Rice's version better ;-)
I guess I just meet the character and then slowly they tell me about themselves. I get ideas from Folk Tales mostly though. I love them. I wish I lived back then, the ghost stories must have ben incredible.
I love finding new beings. Like the Nixie in The Light of the World. I love the Nixie. The way they leave the water in jerky horror movie movements is disturbing. Seeing an army of white flowing dresses emerge from the water in jerky steps and inconstant movements scares me. But then you see them in the water and they're beautiful, like a faerie. The idea came from The Nixie folk Lore but it twisted in my brain... maybe it's me. Something is probably wrong with me hahaha

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Michelle!!

I have traveled a fare amount, not as a child. We did the typical family trips but I backpacked Asia alone. It was awesome. I have been to Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong, and then Mexico a few times. I grew up on the West coast of Canada so I have been to the places where I wrote of along the western coastline of USA. I made up towns based on real places there. I live on the East coast now, so Boston is easy to use. I have used it a couple times now. I chose the university I did for The Light of the World because of the open mindedness of the school. The university of Vermont truly has a dorm called The Living and Learning Center and it's a PRIDE dorm. I thought that was amazing. Not to mention a vegetarian menu and filtered water fountains instead of vending machines.
Haha I end up researching a lot. Now I know random weird things like that.

My family life definitely influenced my writing. I grew up with a psychic mom, she is Willow from The Light of the World. We actually call her Willow since I wrote the book. My family has Wiccans and Christians and everything in between. My mom's family were Scottish Royalty so we have a lot of heritage there with magic and fun fables. My dad's family were channels for the kings and queens in England. Pretty weird but fun for story time. My mom eats mostly macrobiotic, my aunt is a vegan, my daughter is a vegetarian and my dad is a hunter who makes me butcher moose with him. They are a fun bunch!!

message 33: by Chanin (new) - added it

Chanin Malley | 4 comments thats amazing and thank you for answering my question for me music also inspires me but not to write but just to image different things in my head.who knows maybe one day i will write a novel too.

Mitsy (mitsyc) Hi Tara! I am a new member of this group and your book caught my eye immediately. As soon as I read about it, I downloaded a Kindle version from Amazon. I am excited to start reading The Lonely. Thank you!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Chanin if you ever want any tips or anything let me know!! I probably don't have great advice hahaha but I have found some amazing resources!!!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Mitsy!!! I hope you like it. It's different that's for sure. Very different!!

Mitsy (mitsyc) Tara wrote: "Thanks Mitsy!!! I hope you like it. It's different that's for sure. Very different!!"

Thank you, Tara! Yes! I love a book that is different. I crave books that have something unique and if I can learn something, I'll love it even more. :)

message 38: by Randi (new)

Randi | 119 comments I love your response about your family!

Are the characters based on family members? Especially the ones with magic in the past that you might have imagined on what they could be like.

I have never read any of your books but I absolutely love this kind of books. I realized that I already have Cursed in my Kindle archive so I just delivered it to my Kindle. Thanks for your time on this forum! :D

message 39: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Wilson (BlessedAngel) | 32 comments Do you ever feel books will become non-existant in print form and how would it make you feel?

message 40: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Wilson (BlessedAngel) | 32 comments I'm a aspiring writer and I long with all my heart and soul to be published I have only had poems published though. I have received some advice from authors here that have been helpful. I know what I'm meant to do and its write books but I feel lost LOL What would you recommend I do as well as great websites and groups you think may help me? Hopefully we can stay in touch too please add me if you'd like

message 41: by Sassafrass (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 3235 comments Hi Tara, thanks for being here!

What changes will you/did you make when shifting form writing Paranormal Romance/Fantasy to Contemporary Romance?

Which genre do you like better? Why is that?

message 42: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19366 comments Hi Tara - welcome to our group :)

I'm another newby to your work, so I was pleased when Dee asked where a newby should start - I now have my kick off point!

As I read your books' precis there were rather obscure central references to things like 'the lonely' or 'the In-Between' - they felt poetic to me. Did poetry influence your early years or does it now?

message 43: by Christy (new)

Christy (christycoleman9) Hi Tara :) When writing your other books, The Lonely, Vengence, Blackwater, The Light of the World etc. I noticed that they are not necessarily places that you mention in the Death Rose series but I do notice that they kind of mimic the way characters in the book would have lived or come from if they had their own single stories. Did you write those books to give us incite on the characters and places in the Death Roses series or did you just love the paranormal aspect of writing?

message 44: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) Hi Tara! :D I haven't read any of your books before, but they seem really interesting. I was wondering if you have a certain playlist of songs for each book or for writing, or not? Because I know that some authors do. So I was just curious.

message 45: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) I have another question. How do you come up with the names for your characters and titles? Whenever I write something I often find it hard to decide on that.

message 46: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) Also. Sorry I keep posting. :P What inspired you to start writing? Like when and how did you know you wanted to write books?

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Randi!!!

I always base my characters that are quirky and weird on real people. I am almost exactly like Shell from The Lonely. I put a ton of myself in there. My mom is Willow and my sister is Mona from The Light of the World. My family's magical things have fully melded into my work and influenced my books. The main reason I love PNR and Fantasy so much is my family. Such interesting people make interesting stories.

I hope you like Cursed. I have a hard time with the Roses now, I feel a bit like Stephen King with Carrie. It's my first book and in a lot of ways my weakest. I feel like I have grown so much in the last year, writing 12 books and starting another ten has made me better, I think...I hope lol

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Michelle,

I hope they won't but I see that as the natural evolution. I love the feel and smell of a paper book. I love seeing the cover and running my hands over it. I love reading the back of it and not the millions of reviews by people who might not have the same tastes as me. I am putting my books in print and they feel more like trophies than they do books.
Most of my friends read ten books a week and it's only possible because of ebooks. No one could afford to read as much as they do now when all we had was paper. I feel torn on it. It makes reading possible, no matter who or where you are. It makes it affordable.

I honestly am a true indie. Just this morning I sought out advice, I'm at the stage where publishing houses are coming for me. I like the control over plot and characters and I write based on feelings. I don't have deadlines for books I don't feel like writing. I love that. I have been told my books are a breath of fresh air and I totally believe that is because I write when I want and how I want and what I feel. But having a publishing house would be nice, it's security.
If you write New Adult, NA Alley is an amazing site. I love that site. Feel free to PM me any questions.

Honestly, write the book. Just write it and then get your friends to chew it up. This morning I had a beta I trust tell me she wasn't in love with the book. I asked why, she told me. So her opinions are going into the rewrites. I would suggest you just write for the love of the story and self publish it first. The literary world is in a shifting time. There are SOOOOOO many authors out there because of the self publishing options. So they can be picky. The trend I'm seeing is they watch the New York Times bestsellers and Amazon Bestsellers and when an author has built their platform, they strike. We build our own following now, we come with fans and books and genres and an income. Publishing houses have it made. They sit like fat cats and wait for the plump fish to rise to the top and snag them out of the barrel.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Sassafrass,

I make the women considerably stronger when a PNR or fantasy element is there. I feel like the women of the world want to see a badass girl doing badass things that realistically we wouldn't do. I add the harshest of obstacles too. I make it almost impossible for a regular girl to survive.
My favorite scene ever, is in Vengeance. (ok I'm just going to copy and paste lol... thats allowed right??)

Vengeance....

"I dropped to my knees and covered my face for a moment. My heart had stopped with fear.
It was quickly replaced with fury. My eyes shot to the door I'd come from.
What had they done to my brother that he was willing to end his life?
I pulled on my cloak and stood, looking down at my locket. Faces were flashing. One after the other.
The door burst open. I pulled my swords. Because of the narrow pathway, the men bursting from the doorway could only come two at a time. I jumped at the first man, gutting him like a fish.
My bloodlust took over. I was lost in the sea of red and black and fury.
I sliced and kicked and fought until I couldn’t even breathe without tasting their death in the air. Their spray covered my face and eyes, but I let it become part of what I was.
They tried to cut me but I was on fire. I used the cloak to fight, blocking their swords and knives. An axe was hurled past my head. I ducked and tried to ignore the sound it made as it sliced into the man behind me.
I found myself in the middle, fighting and knocking them from the breezeway.
Screams and violence filled the blood-spattered air.
Swords stabbed into me but I ignored them. I cut and sliced and screamed. I used them as shields and jumped, kicking them in the faces. They fell from the breezeway with long screams that were silenced after a moment, the moment they landed with a thud.
When the last man stood before me, he dropped his sword and turned and ran. I struggled for air as I sheathed my swords and dropped to my knees wincing. The pain of it all was catching up with me.
I looked over the edge at the bodies littering the dark ground. Death was everywhere. I was slipping on it and soaked in it. Some mine, most theirs."

I love making them intense and funny but in a bitter harsh way.

In contemporary I have to stay within the guidelines of possible. I really pushed it in The Lonely. I really pushed how far someone would go to find the person they once were. I also have to make them fragile in different ways. In fantasy I like the characters to be vulnerable in emotions. But in contemporary I want them strong emotionally and weak to the flesh... does that ever make sense haha

I love fantasy. LOVE LOVE LOVE. The Wheel of Time and Lord of The Rings and Harry Potter, LOVE!!!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Jane!!

Yes, I was a published poet before anything else. I love poetry. I was in creative writing in university and I adored it. Poetry still does. The blurb for one of my new books is a poem.

"There is a house at the end of an empty road, where many a men have lost their soul.
Sweetest love's first kiss is enough to guarantee the payment to the dead.
It was there in the mist and the warmth of her embrace, I met my end.
I shall never rest again.
Nor shall any man who gives his heart to a lady of The Loch."

It's not a very good poem hahahaha but I never said I was a very good poet.

Some books I find the verse flows like poetry and others I find that the dialogue kills it and it ends up sounding rough

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.