Kristin Hannah discussion

New to Kristin Hannah...

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (emtmelissa) | 17 comments Hey Everyone. I'm new to the group and recently began reading Kristin Hannah. I've heard so many good things about her books. Just started reading Magic Hour and I'm looking forward to hearing from other members about her books.

message 2: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (highlandlass) | 5 comments I'm also a new fan of Kristin Hannah. I've read a few of her books now and have more on my Kindle so I'm ready to start a new one once I finish the one I'm on. Currently reading The Things We Do For Love and thoroughly enjoying it.

message 3: by Sue (new)

Sue Seligman (bookfan55) | 12 comments She has a new book coming out in April, called Fly Away. It is a sequel to Firefly Lane, which is one of my favorites. Also check out Winter Garden, Home Front, and Night Road...they are some of the more recent ones...

message 4: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (highlandlass) | 5 comments Sue wrote: "She has a new book coming out in April, called Fly Away. It is a sequel to Firefly Lane, which is one of my favorites. Also check out Winter Garden, Home Front, and Night Road...they are some of th..."

Hi Sue - I have already read Night Road (very good), Distant Shores, Summer Island, Angel Falls and On Mystic Lake. I loved them all and read them quickly. I find her style of writing is very easy to read and then there's the fact that I can't put down the book. I just got Firefly Lane and that will be my next read! Thanks for the reply with suggestions - much appreciated. :)

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele (gileswife) | 21 comments Rhonda wrote: "Sue wrote: "She has a new book coming out in April, called Fly Away. It is a sequel to Firefly Lane, which is one of my favorites. Also check out Winter Garden, Home Front, and Night Road...they ar..."

You might also want to read True Colors. This was the first book of her's that I read. In all honesty, I believe it was the cover art that got my attention. From there I read Firefly Lane, Winter Garden, and kept going. She is such an amazing writer! Enjoy!!

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (emtmelissa) | 17 comments I'm really loving Magic Hour so far and can't wait to read her other books. I also have Firefly Lane...which I'll probably get into next.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (emtmelissa) | 17 comments Oh... and I also have Night Road.

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 2 comments I also finished Magic Hour a few weeks ago and I am also new to Kristin Hannah books. I enjoyed This book so much that I bought several other books by her. I just finished Firefly Lane. I have to highly recommend it to you. I laughed and cried sometimes at the same time. She is definitely an amazing author. I cannot wait for Fly Away to come out!

Melissa wrote: "Oh... and I also have Night Road."

Melissa wrote: "Hey Everyone. I'm new to the group and recently began reading Kristin Hannah. I've heard so many good things about her books. Just started reading Magic Hour and I'm looking forward to hearing from..."

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 2 comments Rhonda wrote: "I'm also a new fan of Kristin Hannah. I've read a few of her books now and have more on my Kindle so I'm ready to start a new one once I finish the one I'm on. Currently reading The Things We Do ..."

I just read The Things We do for Love. This book was so good from start to finish. I felt so connected to the characters. I have never personally dealt with any of the issues the characters have but I know there are so many people in my life that I love and I know I would do anything for. It definitely made me think about what's truly important in life.

message 10: by Naura (new)

Naura (nauratheexplora) | 7 comments I'm new the the group too! My first read was Firefly Lane a while ago and nothing else by her; but more recently I read Magic Hour and fell in love with her work! I've read almost everything my library has of her and am starting my own collection of favorite on my Kindle.

message 11: by Sue (new)

Sue Seligman (bookfan55) | 12 comments Try Fly Away next, it is a sequel to Firefly Lane. My favorites are those two books, also Winter Garden, Home Front, Night Road and Magic Hour. She is one of my favorite authors!

message 12: by Naura (new)

Naura (nauratheexplora) | 7 comments Thanks for the suggestion Sue, can't believe I didn't knew that Fly Away was the sequel.... shows what a 'newbie' Kristin Hannah fan I am :-P

message 13: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Maye | 3 comments Naura, I have enjoyed everything I've read by KH! Firefly Lane and Night Road are 2 of my favorites. Fly Away was good but didn't come close to Firefly Lane (imo). Enjoy! You cann't go wrong with KH!

message 14: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 4 comments Jessica wrote: "Rhonda wrote: "I'm also a new fan of Kristin Hannah. I've read a few of her books now and have more on my Kindle so I'm ready to start a new one once I finish the one I'm on. Currently reading The ..."

I agree very good read

message 15: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 4 comments Sue wrote: "Try Fly Away next, it is a sequel to Firefly Lane. My favorites are those two books, also Winter Garden, Home Front, Night Road and Magic Hour. She is one of my favorite authors!"

I still need to get all of those lol

message 16: by holly rose (new)

holly rose | 3 comments Hi everyone! I bought The Nightingale and am LOVING it!! I am embarrassed to admit that this is the first I've heard of Kristen Hannah. I googled her and see that she's written so many other books. Any recommendations what I should read next? Firefly Lane looks amazing.

Thanks!!!

message 17: by Sue (new)

Sue Seligman (bookfan55) | 12 comments Firefly Lane an its sequel Fly Away...wonderful! I also loved Winter Garden, another historical fiction book! Night Road and Home Front are fantastic! She is my favorite author and The Nightingale is one of my favorite books of all time!

message 18: by holly rose (new)

holly rose | 3 comments Thank you!! Yeah, Firefly Lane looks amazing. I just finished The Nightingale on my commute home & was crying!! Ohhh...so good, I didn't want it to end.

message 19: by Amy (new)

Amy | 18 comments Winter garden and home front

message 20: by holly rose (new)

holly rose | 3 comments Amy wrote: "Winter garden and home front"

Thanks, Amy! Going to add to my summer list.