The Confession The Confession question

What is your favorite Grisham novel?

You can certainly make a case that The Firm was his best and that most of the rest are derivative. Well, except a painted house. I might say that The Runaway Jury was the most entertaining to read.

Frank A Time to kill is probably my favorite (although I admit to liking all his books). I also really enjoyed Sycamore Row, bringing back Jack Brigance and ...more
Feb 24, 2014 10:25AM · flag

A Painted House. Read and enjoy all of his novels but Painted House shows a different side and a glimpse of the author. Found the characters to be the most real. Almost Steinbeck-like in portraying real life

i think the Partner might be my favorite. the main character went thru a lot, i could really feel his pain, then that ending! poor guy

Frankly, I liked all of John Grisham's books, even the non-lawyer type novels. I always look forward to reading any novel of his! If I had to pick a favorite, "A Time to Kill" and because I do like True Crime Novels, "An Innocent Man"

I too have read most of John Grisham's novels. The first one that I ever read was The Firm. Since then I have been hooked among my favorites are The Litigator, The Racketeer and The Testament.

I have read quite a few Grisham novels, but A Time to Kill remains my favorite and the one that most impressed me with the authors writing.

Testament was the first one and then read them all. Time to kill, was another all time favorite

I can't say I have a favorite. I think I've enjoyed all of the ones that I've read. I finished The Confession yesterday, and while it wasn't perfect, it was very entertaining, and a quick read.

The one I remember best, and think fondly of at the end of every year, is Skipping Christmas. Obviously not one of his legal thrillers. I was really surprised at how well he wrote comedy.

Philip (last edited May 03, 2013 03:57PM ) May 03, 2013 03:54PM   0 votes
The Appeal was the reason I went back and finished reading all of his legal novels. A Painted House is great as I am also a fan of To Kill a Mockingbird. I liked The Litigators. A Time To Kill is outstanding. I wanted more story in Calico Joe. I love how the Billionaire in Testament tried to fix his spoiled offspring.I guess the best are the one's I want to reread. A Painted House, The Appeal,The Litigators, The Testament, A Time to Kill.I also want to re-read Ford County Stories.
I'm looking forward to the Time to Kill sequel, but the sequel I want to read is A Painted House I want to know what happened to his brother in Korea and the runaway lovers and how long was his Grandpa able to keep the farm going?

I liked A Time To Kill as well because of the revenge and vindication factor for the family

The Confession, that books stays with me.

Morgan2712 Agreed.
May 16, 2014 06:22PM · flag

Paul (last edited Nov 13, 2013 07:03AM ) Nov 13, 2013 07:02AM   0 votes
I have two favs: The Litigators. I laughed and chuckled throughout. I must confess, I do not consider Grisham a humorist. I wondered if he knew that he had written a funny book? Second fav: Calico Joe. Not a lawyer in sight! It's ostensibly about baseball, but it's more than that. It about a father and son relationship. It's about ego. It's about villainy. It's about forgiveness. It's about finding the courage to do the right things. It's a solid book.

I agree with Tracy, 'A Time To Kill' is definitely the best Grisham novel

I have read all of Grisham books except his last few,my favorite one is The Runaway Jury.The Pelican Brief,The Rainmaker & The Firm is also good.

A Time To Kill is my favorite. I know a lot of people like The Firm but I just can't seem to get through it for some reason. I've read almost all of Grishams' books with the exception of maybe 3.

Jim (last edited Nov 13, 2013 01:17PM ) Nov 13, 2013 01:17PM   0 votes
A Tie between A Time To Kill and the Firm

The Chamber followed by The Brethren