Gillifans discussion

Shane > Shane pics

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danni, Spoogegirl / Mrs Brown (new)

Danni | 136 comments Mod
Post your pics of Shane here.

message 2: by Z. (new)

Z. (ladyzora) | 13 comments I don't know how to post a picture! If I could, though, it would be Daniel Craig, because I picture Shane as being cool & reserved like that, but with hidden fire. And those eyes!

message 3: by Danni, Spoogegirl / Mrs Brown (new)

Danni | 136 comments Mod
Hi Z, I started trying to write about how you post an image and then found it impossible to explain! Maybe someone else can help?

I know what you mean about Daniel Craig - he is a great match for Shane.

message 4: by Tina (last edited Mar 19, 2013 09:26AM) (new)

Tina (whitemooony) What's about Gerard Butler? :D He's looking grumpy and a little rough... *yummy*

message 5: by Tina (new)

Tina (whitemooony) Daniel Craig? Huh... I imagine Shane as good looking, but here's Mr Craig for you guys. :)

JustJen "Miss Conduct" | 16 comments I'll take Butler over Craig any day.

message 7: by Tina (new)

Tina (whitemooony) High Five hun :D

JustJen "Miss Conduct" | 16 comments LOL. I've never been a Craig fan, but I could actually see Gerard as Shane.

message 9: by Danni, Spoogegirl / Mrs Brown (new)

Danni | 136 comments Mod
JustJen wrote: "LOL. I've never been a Craig fan, but I could actually see Gerard as Shane."

Another vote for Gerard here. I think it's the facial hair that makes him Shanelike.

JustJen "Miss Conduct" | 16 comments Craig could be Howard maybe. :)

message 11: by Fangtasia (new)

Fangtasia | 8 comments This is how I've always pictured Shane. Is there something about Shane that brings..."Bond. James Bond" to mind?

message 12: by Tina (new)

Tina (whitemooony) Danni wrote: "JustJen wrote: "LOL. I've never been a Craig fan, but I could actually see Gerard as Shane."

Another vote for Gerard here. I think it's the facial hair that makes him Shanelike."

Yes... the facial hair is it... and he looks a bit grumpy. :) *willing to give Gilli a spanking*

message 13: by Z. (new)

Z. (ladyzora) | 13 comments It's Daniel's eyes...like shards of aquamarine ice on fire. I can see him getting Dick and Gilli in order with just one glance, can't you?

message 14: by A.B. (new)

A.B. Gayle (abgayle) | 18 comments Danni wrote: "This isn't quite what I think Shane looks like, but I do think Sean Pertwee would make a wonderful Shane in the never to be made film of this boy's life. That voice! And he's even got a grumpy fa..."
I think he would be perfect if he looks like this picture. The others are too "pretty" even Daniel Craig. To me, Shane doesn't have it easy and he's serious more often than not. He likes Gilli being around to provide the spark he is missing.

message 15: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) | 142 comments  photo image_zps8b9144c3.jpg

What about a slightly grumpy looking Mel?

message 16: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) | 142 comments  photo image_zps3a662563.jpg

Or Nick Nolte....

message 17: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) | 142 comments  photo image_zpsf462780b.jpg

Ooooh Indie..... He comes compete with whip! :D

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Macky wrote: "

Ooooh Indie..... He comes compete with whip! :D"

Indy :-)

message 19: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) | 142 comments Helle wrote: "Macky wrote: "

Indy :-)"

Yeah! Perfect to deliver the red bum treatment! :D

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Macky wrote: "Helle wrote: "Macky wrote: "

Indy :-)"

Yeah! Perfect to deliver the red bum treatment! :D"

Yep :-D

message 21: by Danni, Spoogegirl / Mrs Brown (new)

Danni | 136 comments Mod
Macky wrote: "

Lol, he doesn't quite feel Shane-like to me, but thanks for the pic anyway :)

message 22: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) | 142 comments Danni wrote: "Macky wrote: "

Lol, he doesn't quite feel Shane-like to me, but thanks for the pic anyway :)"

To be honest non of them do! I reckon Shane is more that elusive image in your head that you can't really put into a picture, he's an enigma! .... If you know what I mean? :)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Macky wrote: "Danni wrote: "Macky wrote: "

Lol, he doesn't quite feel Shane-like to me, but thanks for the pic anyway :)"

To be honest non of them do! I r..."

Ooh that kind of guy :-)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Danni wrote: "This isn't quite what I think Shane looks like, but I do think Sean Pertwee would make a wonderful Shane in the never to be made film of this boy's life. That voice! And he's even got a grumpy fa..."

Oh he does have a grumpy face like Shane. Good one.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Tina wrote: "What's about Gerard Butler? :D He's looking grumpy and a little rough... *yummy*

"

If that were Shane, I would be Gilli in this relationship....I think he would be awesome as Shane.

message 26: by MsMelbourne (new)

MsMelbourne | 24 comments I'm loving Gerard as Shane :D

But I'm reading Achilles at the moment (almost finished) and am not feeling happy thoughts towards him. What a MF.

message 27: by Danni, Spoogegirl / Mrs Brown (new)

Danni | 136 comments Mod
MsSadie wrote: "I'm loving Gerard as Shane :D

But I'm reading Achilles at the moment (almost finished) and am not feeling happy thoughts towards him. What a MF."

Indeed. I cried all the way through Achilles (l cried all the way through the others too - what can l say, l'm a crier, but Achilles l can't even think about without welling up)

message 28: by MsMelbourne (new)

MsMelbourne | 24 comments I know Danni. It was really almost dark in places. I struggle to get my head around ménage relationships at the best of times - perhaps because I am so needy and possessive ;) - but this book highlighted all of the issues. It made me just wish that Gilli would tell them both to fuck off and he could go and find someone just for him. That would tell him they love him every day without making him beg for it.

The psychological aspect of BDSM has also been explored better than in a lot of books I've read that contain this element. It's very full on when you think about it.

message 29: by Danni, Spoogegirl / Mrs Brown (new)

Danni | 136 comments Mod
MsSadie wrote: "I know Danni. It was really almost dark in places. I struggle to get my head around ménage relationships at the best of times - perhaps because I am so needy and possessive ;) - but this book high..."

Yeah totally agree. It is very refreshing that the psychological/emotional side of this relationship is the focus. A lot of BDSM stories seem to focus mainly on the sex side of things which l'm not personally into. But with Gilli l can relate a lot better because a lot of the emotional side of things is something we all share regardless of what type of relationship we are in.

message 30: by Julie (new)

Julie | 27 comments What a good point! I hadn't though about it that way!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

That damn wedding did me in. I was crying a lot in this book for Gilli.

message 32: by Macky (last edited Apr 08, 2013 02:57PM) (new)

Macky (mactut) | 142 comments Danni wrote: "MsSadie wrote: "I'm loving Gerard as Shane :D

But I'm reading Achilles at the moment (almost finished) and am not feeling happy thoughts towards him. What a MF."

Indeed. I cried all the way thro..."

I spent my time through the books laughing till I cried and then just crying. Permanent wet eyes. How cool is it when a story can effect all your emotions like that? But then again my pee is to close to my eyes so crying is an Olympic sport for me... Gold medal winner in most events! Lol! :D

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I know what you mean Macky. Now, I am having Gilli withdrawals.

message 34: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) | 142 comments Me too Ann... One day I'm going to put myself through another emotional roller coaster ride and read them back to back again! Kleenex I need a crate of tissues please :D

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Good idea. Maybe around Christmas time...tons of tissues and maybe by then another book will be out.

message 36: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) | 142 comments Ann wrote: "Good idea. Maybe around Christmas time...tons of tissues and maybe by then another book will be out."

Now that would be a lovely chrissy pressie! We'd better keep off the naughty list.... Not easy on GR! Lol. :D

message 37: by Stupid (last edited Aug 09, 2018 05:06AM) (new)

Stupid Romance | 5 comments Hi super cool people (you are Gillifans, after all :-),

I know this is an old thread, but I just discovered the Jillifans blog and could not help myself. :-)

So, I believe Jon Hamm would make an excellent Shane. :-) Tried to post a picture of him, but was unable to.

message 38: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 138 comments Hi there!!!!!
oooh yep, i see it, hahaha.
i have no idea how shane could look in my mind. Gilli said he loves Sean Bean, so if i go by that, then Shane could be reeeeally good looking lol

message 39: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 346 comments I like the idea of Jon Hamm as Dick - he has that dapper, aristocratic air that I associate with Dick. Sean Bean seems more the Shane middle class/construction site boss type.

And I couldn't figure out how to post pictures either!!

message 40: by Stupid (last edited Jul 31, 2018 02:26PM) (new)

Stupid Romance | 5 comments Jon Hamm 1:

description

message 41: by Bree Cheese (new)

Bree Cheese  (bree-cheese) | 24 comments Cheryl wrote: "I like the idea of Jon Hamm as Dick - he has that dapper, aristocratic air that I associate with Dick. Sean Bean seems more the Shane middle class/construction site boss type."

I would agree. I see Jon Hamm more as Dick and Sean Bean more as Shane.

message 42: by Stupid (last edited Jul 31, 2018 02:54PM) (new)

Stupid Romance | 5 comments Jon Hamm2:

description

message 43: by Stupid (last edited Jul 31, 2018 02:53PM) (new)

Stupid Romance | 5 comments And one last picture of Jon Hamm :-). Which one do you think suits Shane's character best?

description

message 44: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 138 comments The pic 2 is in my mind def Dick!!!!!!!!!!

message 45: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 346 comments I agree, Andrea. The one where he's wearing a vest. I can picture him coming home after work, shucking his suit jacket, and calling out to Gilli, "Honey, I'm home." 😊

message 46: by Stupid (new)

Stupid Romance | 5 comments And here I thought that in the vest picture he looked too serious, more like seriously displeased with Gilli, and had just taken his jacket off, ready to spank Gilli's delicious bottom. 😃

message 47: by Cheryl (last edited Aug 03, 2018 06:46AM) (new)

Cheryl | 346 comments Hmm - I thought he had kind of a 'come hither' look about him. Or maybe a bit of a smirk.

message 48: by Andrea (last edited Aug 03, 2018 08:19AM) (new)

Andrea | 138 comments how old is Dick now, aprox? 44? hmmm... i need more details of your dads Gilli lol

and even tho Gilli must be in his mid 30s, i still picture him as very youth looking... must be because of the attitude that transpires in his writings. like a blonde Elijah Wood

message 49: by Linda (new)

Linda | 109 comments I’ve just done a reread and am thinking a lot about Shane, how he looks. I’ve decided for me it’s Henry Cavil. A clean cut look about him but broad, tall. Short dark hair, you can add a touch of gray in your mind.

message 50: by Linda (new)

Linda | 109 comments

« previous 1