One on Ones, Role-players For Life discussion

Athena and Woolfie > Pirates: Rulers of the Sea

Comments Showing 1-50 of 441 (441 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Athena (new)

Athena | 1313 comments Mod
Like my title?

message 2: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments Lol yes indeed:)

message 3: by Athena (new)

Yay!

message 4: by Athena (new)

Sophian stalked through the streets of Port Royal, fuming. She heard the heavy foot falls of her companion behind her as he hurried after her. "Sophian!" he hissed uncertainly, glancing around behind him.
Sophie turned to glare at him, putting her hands on her hips. "What Gillings?" she snapped unhappily. "I'm not going back to the ship tonight. You can either come with me and stay in an inn or you ca go back to the ship," she said then turned her back to him again and continued on.

message 5: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments Easily keeping pace with her, the larger man felt his ham-like hands curl into fists; this was the one thing he both found so captivating and so damn infuriating about her, she was as obstinate as the sea was salty, and there was no other way to change her mind unless he could somehow alter her perspective. This added frustration to annoyance, darkening his mood further, for Nathaniel Gillings, first mate of the 20-gun cruiser, 'The Lust of Hades' was not accounted to be a mental giant, and one would have had to have the wit of Jack Sparrow himself to twist a change of mind from her.
'We're not safe here, didn't you see them wanted posters, and you gallivanting into bloody Port Royal like you belong, it's madness I'm tellin' you!'

message 6: by Athena (new)

Sophian waved her hand dissmissivly at him as she turned a corner and headed down an alley to a small inn that was pretty well hidden and usualy reserved for pirate captains and their crew. but because she only ever hired men who adored the sea, her men always stayed on board unless they were helping her retrieve something. Sophian loved the sea too, and if she had it her way she'd be there all the time. But sometimes...

"It's not about whether or not it's safe right now," she snapped at him. "I'm not ready and i eep telling you that but you keep pushing and pushing and pushing!" she growled at him over her shoulder and stopped and took a deep breath to calm herself. She knew she was being kind of unfair, but she didn't care. She leaned against the stone wall of one of the many buildings and sighed, covering her face with her hands. "We keep have the same argument every time we come to Port Royal, you always bring this up. Every single time. and I don't understand why."

message 7: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments 'Not pushin' Gilling muttered sullenly, his eyes sweeping the alleyway from end to end as they made their way towards the shady looking dive over to their left. 'I'm just sayin' you need to be thinkin' about it is all, and anyway, why're you so up against the wall 'bout it eh?' He frowned at her, unable to figure out her sudden opposition to a subject she had often parried with venom. 'It's not as though I'm suggestin' we need do it now.'

message 8: by Athena (new)

"But that's what it sounds like you're suggesting by always bringing it up," she muttered, sinking into a crouching position and putting her head in her hands and elbows on knees. "Just drop it okay? I don't need to be thinking about that if I don't want too," she said shaking her head and sighing softly.

After a moment she stood up and continued towards the Inn. "Go back to the ship Gillings. I'll see you in the morning," she said knowing full well that he wouldn't leave her by herself. She entered the inn and bought a room then headed up the stairs to the one they usually reserved for her.

It had a king size bed and a desk, all she needed. Sophian rubbed her eyes and took off some of her clothes until she was in her big white undershirt. She huffed softly, pulling it down then crawled into bed and pulled the blankets up to under her chin.

message 9: by Woolfie (last edited Mar 22, 2013 05:48AM) (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments Always bringing it up was something of a gross overstatement, but Gillings knew better than to make his case; he knew that when she tended to overstate thing and become defensive, it was only ever because it bothered her more than she wanted to let on, she wanted to hide her discomfort, but several years of sailing the seas together had allowed him to read her like a map. But she still won't tell me what it is that plagues her so much, he chided himself, as he waited for a few moments before tailing her into the inn. Perhaps I ought to stop mentioning it, he thought, his eyes following her as she sidled over to the bar, and watched as the innkeep flashed her his phoney smile. Finding a table from whereh ee could observe the stairs, he settled in to an evening of watchful thought.

Rich crouched silent as a shadow by the guttering, his sturdy custom made boots affording him significant grip upon the rain spattered shingles . The creak of a door told him that the room had recently acquired a occupier, and occupier's meant valuables, now all he had to do was wait until he could hear the tell tale sounds of sleep. Dropping down carefully, he placed the ear trumpet to the brick wall. 'Ahh,' he said softly, a woman, lovely.'
Light as a shadow, he dropped onto the balcony, and crept into the room, hood up, and cloak concealing him like a lover.

message 10: by Athena (new)

Sophian groaned softly, and rolled over, moving her hair out of her face. She stretched a little bit and then was still again, her chest rising and falling as she breathed.

message 11: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments As with the other rooms, this one was far from prepossessing, but Rich didn't mind that; smaller marks meant less trouble with stringent precautionary measures, a place like this was unlikely to attract a caution-first clientèle, and whatever resistance they might have been able to muster, he was reasonably confident he could repel sufficiently with his falchion.
Frotunately, for his victims, however, he had rarely had cause to employ his swordsmanship. Wanted posters identified him only as The Shadow, as he was as silent and unobtrusive as one, and as he adjusted the half mask he wore to obscure the lower half of his face, he quickly took in the room before him, and immediately located the items of interest; Slowly sliding out her cutlass from where it rested within hands reach beside the bed, he carefully slid it out of reach, no point in initiating a fight, and an unarmed opponent was always less likely to retaliate.
Just then a sudden gust blew open the shutters, spilling moonlight onto the face of the sleeping woman. 'Well bugger me with a fish fork,' Rich breathed softly, 'Malissa...'

message 12: by Athena (new)

She cleared her throat and rubbed her eyes tiredly. She tucked her hand under her pillow sadjusting it to get comfortable. She used her other hand to move her hair out of the way as she shifted again. A soft sigh left her lips as she settled into sleep again, still not aware of anyones pressence in the room.

message 13: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments He paused, his goal seemingly forgotten, as he found himself gazing down on those features that he knew so well, that seemed to rise up towards him through the fog of the intervening years, a vision from another time, another life, when things were as different as it was possible to be. Rich closed his eyes, his breathing sharp and rasping. He had become who he was to get as far away from that time as was possible, and now 'Fate puts you back in my life once more.' he murmured softly, approaching her sleeping figure, all thought of depriving her of her valuables forgotten.

message 14: by Athena (new)

Sophian felt something touch her face. She opened her eyes and saw the figure above her, and reacted immediately. She grabbed his wrist and through him down on the bed, rolling in a flued motion until she was straddling his chest and pinning his arms down with her legs. She had a knife, which had been under her pillow, to his throat, glaring at him. But then recognition crossed her face and she gasped. "Richard!' she growled manacingly.

message 15: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments Caught more from lack of anticipation than anything else, Rich found himself pinned to the bed, with several inches of cold,sharp steel inched from his neck. His initial reaction was to fight back, but the presence of the determined blade, put a stop to any countermoves he could have employed. 'Lissa!' he managed,' flashing her his debonair smile, a combination of lips and teeth that he had been told by more than one lady of his acquaintance had cause a certain degree of leakage where there ought not to have been. 'Fancy seeing you here, you look... well.'

message 16: by Athena (new)

"Shut up Richard. What the hell are you doing here?" she snarled. She had to admit he was looking really well, but she mentally kicked herself for the thought and got off of him. "You know what? I don't even care," she started getting dressed. "I want you to leave me alone," she said over her shoulder as she pulled on her trousers then her blouse. She tucked her blouse into her pants and did up her pants and pulled on her jacket. "I should kill you right now," she mumbled to herself, shaking her head as she grabbe her belt that had her sword and her guns on it. She hooked it around her waist then flipped her hair to look at him.

message 17: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments 'If I thought you would terminate me in such a velocitous manner do you honestly think I would leave your weapons where they are for you to use in such fatal interview with me?'
Smirking slightly, Rich sprang from the rumpled bed, and dusted off his clothes, his long-fingered hands skimming down his black tunic and sheer trousers, 'You look good in pants, shows of your legs rather nicely.'

message 18: by Athena (new)

She rolled her eyes at him and grabbed her boots, sitting in a chair and pulling them on as she muttered unhappily to herself. She got up again and grabbed her hat before heading out of the room. "Don't follow me," she snapped over her shoulders before heading down stairs into the bar area. She looked for Gillings who she knew would be there, then approached his table.

"Let's go," she muttered, glancing around in slight irritation.

message 19: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments While he hadn't anticipated the sudden and unlooked for reunion with the woman he had once loved 5 years after their last proximity, Rich felt the pangs of disappointment at the cursory nature of their serendipitous union; sure he hadn't thought to have met her here of all places, he had chosen the Crow's Nest, not so much for her nautical associations but rather the slightly stronger than average drinks Old Malk served his customers. Malk's malt murder was always a surefire way to lay a potential mark out for the night, making them ripe for some deft fingerwork.
Tracing his thumb across his neck where her blade had been, he scowled in the direction of the door, and stepped out into the night, clambering over the rooftops, as he followed her and the lumbering oaf who trailed her like a walking wardrobe.

message 20: by Athena (new)

Sophian's stopped about half way to the boat and turned back to Gillings. She hesitated, then stepped into him, wrapped her arms around his waist and burying her face against his chest. She just wanted him to hold her right now. "I'm sorry I got mad at you," she whispered, tearing up a little bit.

message 21: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments The hug caught the big man by surprise, but he did not let his shock paralyse him for long, his arms reaching to enclose her as he held her tenderly, if a little cautiously, like a child trying not to break a new toy by letting their enthusiasm dictate the strength of their grip. 'Ahh, it was my fault Soph, I shouldn't've made an issue out of it.' He left the question of her sudden haste unasked, knowing she would volunteer that information if she wanted to.

Rich had loped along the rooftops, silently following the two of them, as they made their way through the close streets towards the docklands area. From what he knew of seafarers, they would not abide a woman to board ship, but from what he knew of Malissa, she was one to certainly give those who thought that way sufficient pause, or be the beneficiary of a lesson they would not soon forget; he could still taste the whisper of steel on his skin, and gulped, glad she had not meant him harm.

message 22: by Athena (new)

"Let's just go back to the ship and then... And then just sail out to sea and stay out there for a while... How does that sound?" She asked softly, burying her face against his neck and shutting her eyes. "I wanna get out of port royal."

message 23: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments 'Aye Cap'n' Gillings scowled darkly at the scene before him, as though blaming the booming trading in for her current discomfort. 'We'll head out to sea, as soon as we have first tide, I'd told the lads one night ashore, and that they'd catch it hot if they return in a less than satisfactory condition, but,' he sighed as he glanced down at her. 'Ever since you made Tortuga a no go, the lads, well they're lads,' he finished lamely.

message 24: by Athena (new)

She chuckled softly and wiped her eyes. "Well, maybe I'll make an exception this time around," she said smiling up at him gently. She cupped his face in her hands and stroking his cheek. "I love you so much Gillings," she whispered, then leaned in and kissed him gently, not caring if anyone was watching them.

message 25: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments Gillings grinned, as she said those words, and replied, echoing her sentiment, his lips meeting her with the tenderness of familiarity. 'Well we have the rest of tonight Soph,' he murmured softly, 'we had best get you to your quarters.' Scooping her up into his brawny arms, and paying no heed to her squealed protests, began jogging off towards the direction of the several shadowed spires of wood that denoted the presence of ships.

Rich had found the pistol missing from his left holster and pointed at the big man before he realised what he was doing, and snapped back into position. Anger boiled up inside him, from where, and why he did not know. 'Stop that, she's not yours anymore.' he chided himself, beginning the climb down to street level in order to make better progress.

message 26: by Athena (new)

When they got back to the ship, she insisted that Gillings out her down. She held his hand though as she ran her free hand along the railing along 'The lust of Hades.' A small smile came to her lips as she led him into the captains quarters. She shut the door and kissed him again gently, wrapping her arms around him.

message 27: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments Discarding his hooded cloak, Rich eyes the two sailors tasked to watch the main gangplank that led up onto the deck of the lightly apportioned ship rolling gently upon the infinitesimal swell of the waves that lapped the structure of the docks. He had observed with equal parts mirth and subtle annoyance as the big ape had put her down ,just before they came towards the ship, so that the could make their way in pretend sobriety up past the two sentinels who for all the notice they took, might have been carved of wood.
Sighing softly, Rich readjusted his clothes, smeared some mud onto his clothes and face, and bent to heft a heavy sack of something knobbly, hefting it towards the guards.
'Nice evening gents.' he called out to them amicably, as he made to toddle past.
'Her what're you doing, and who are you?' growled one guard after the other.
'Name's, Micky, and I'm only getting some supplies in like the Captain said.'
'The Captain didn't say nothing about no supplies coming on early.'
'Ahh so she must have said something about some supplies then!'
'Uhm, what?'
'Look mate,' Rich deposited the sack onto the deck, massaging his back slightly. 'You were told what you were told, and I was told what I was, and the only person who can decide is the captain,so would you kindly mind calling her to resolve this, coz gentleman such as yourselves cannot surely be wrong.'
'Just be quick about it,' said the other guard, shooting his partner a look, to which he grunted assent.
Thanking you kindly, and a good evening to you.' Rich picked up his sack and disappear onto the main deck.

message 28: by Athena (new)

Sophian leaned against her desk, crossing her arms over her chest, where her blouse was slightly opened as she finished telling Gillings what happened at the Inn. She stared at her feet, sighing softly. "I don't even know where he came from! He was just... Suddenly there. I probably should have killed him when I had the chance," she muttered shaking her head.

message 29: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments Knowing a little about how she felt about her past with the man who had unceremoniously reappeared in it, Gillings demurred gently, taking her into his arms. 'Nah, you wouldn't have, you're not that sort of person.' he murmured soothingly, as he felt her deflate into him. It was sometimes like this, the way she was so stiff and in control in front of the men, only admitting to her frailties in private with him. It did not make her weak in his eyes however, it made her human and it also made him love her that much more.

message 30: by Athena (new)

She buried her face against his bare chest, having removed his shirt moment ago. She stroked his back slowly, sighing softly. "I just want him out of my life forever," she said softly shaking her head and hugging him tighter.

message 31: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments Discarding his excuse in the hold, Rich cast around for his bearings, taking in his surrounding; night was definitely settling in now, and pool of light had begun to appear about the ship, upon deck and below, as crew members lit lamps to facilitate the necessary preparations. One of the definite advantages of being aboard a ship was that nobody really was that into ensuring just who exactly was on board, as long as one did their fair share of mucking in and didn't hide in suspicious nooks; he had some practice clambering up the sails, so he should be able to blend in, but right now, he had to find her.

message 32: by Athena (new)

Sophian sighed and rubbed her eyes. "Shall we go to bed them?" She asked gesturing towards the big king sized bed that was in the other room. "The boys can handle without us for a few hours don't ya think?" She smirked at him, leaning in and kissing him again gently.

message 33: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments 'As you command, Cap'n.' Gillings grinned, bending down to kiss her, as his large hands slid surprisingly gently down her shoulders, taking the linen fabric with it, exposing her pale skin; well-dressed and wary of the ferocious Caribbean sun, Sophian, as she had named herself had always been careful not to expose herself to its harsh rays, it being inappropriate for a captain to be perceived as being too sun-tarred, woman or otherwise.

Rich scowled, as he heard the gentle impact of two bodies hitting the bed, crouched in a hidden alcove close to the helmsman's wheel which stood motionless, his ear trumpet gave him an excellent access to the chamber within. Grimacing as he removed the instrument distastefully he sauntered down casually, and after a breath, rapped on the doors.

message 34: by Athena (new)

Sophian whimpered at the disruption, running her fingers through Gillings hair. "Are you going to get that or should I?" She asked softly, shifting slightly under him as she prepared to get out of bed and leave this mans warm embrace.

message 35: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments 'Help, mercy!' Rich mimed in a high pitched voice, shot through with genuine terror. 'There's been a bit of a flare up in town! One of the men got involved with something or other, I heeh.' he inserted an exhausted wheeze of one who had been running hard and fast to get there. 'Best make haste sir, or there'll be the reds to answer to!'
The reds, of course meant the redcoats, the bane of a sailor's dissolute life ashore, run ins with the stiff obnoxious humourless prats tended to be a regular hassle at civilised ports with their needless restrictions.
Gillings spat a curse, and clambered to his feet. 'Right, coming!' he barked, slipping his clothes back on, as she snuggled under the covers to hide herself.
'This way sir, the Sea-fed Wench is where it happened!' squawked Rich as he preceded Gillings down towards the gangplank. 'Right you stay here.' grunted the bigger man, 'guard the ship, you there, come with me!'
As he headed off in the direction of the alleged fracas, the two guards hard on his tail, Rich permitted himself an impish laugh before sauntering back onboard, towards the cabin where he knew she would be.

message 36: by Athena (new)

Sophian huffed and sat up, holding the sheets to her chest and pushing her hair out of her face. She pulled her knees to her chest as she waited for Gillings to come back. She hated it when he left her like that.

message 37: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments 'Now this is rather ironic isn't it?' Rich smirked, as he entered into the room beyond; The last time he had seen her all those years ago, their positions had been reversed, and there had been another woman by his side. 'Now, now, calm down, I'm not here to hurt you, believe me, I don't mean you harm, I just came to talk, please?'

message 38: by Athena (new)

She stared at him for a minute, pulling her sheets up farther. "Are you going to let me get dressed first?" She asked raising an eyebrow at him. "Or are you going to be an ass and just stand there," she slung her slender legs over the bed, the sheets just covering the most essential parts.

message 39: by Woolfie (last edited Mar 24, 2013 10:11PM) (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments A snort of laughter accompanied a slightly raised eyebrow, as Rich surveyed her momentarily. 'Well I'm not the sort of person that would insist that you change before me,' he said smoothly,'but how do I know if I take my eyes off you that you won't do something disadvantageous to my person again?'
Stepping back, he eyed her cloths that were pooled upon the floor. 'I trust you not to kill me, but not enough to avert my gaze.'

message 40: by Athena (new)

She glared at him and stacked her legs back under the sheets, pulling the blankets around herself again. "Fine. Just hurry up and talk," she said, grinding her teeth to keep from saying something snappy. "What do you want Richard?"

message 41: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments 'Firstly, to apologise for happening upon you earlier,' Rich looked slightly shamefaced, as he rubbed a a patch of dirt on his cheeks self-consciously with the back of his right sleeve. 'It was, a shock seeing you again, I shouldn't have followed you, but...' He looked up at her, as she stood there, frozen with disapproval, the bedsheets not entirely concealing her familiar curves.
'I'll just go, I'm sorry.' Turning, he made to leave.

message 42: by Athena (new)

She watched him leave before dropping the sheet and getting dressed again, muttering to herself. She walked out of the cabin and stood in the door way. "Richard," she called putting her hands on her hips.

message 43: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments Turning to face her, a shadow detached itself from among the other shadows cast by the torches. 'Malissa,' her name seemed to catch in his throat, 'you look beautiful.' sensing her impatience, he reached into his jacket. 'I've a proposition for you if you've a mind to hear it.'

message 44: by Athena (new)

Sophian hesitated but then nodded and gestured for him to come back into the 'office' part of her chambers before going in herself. She ran her fingers through her hair, not sure why she was doing this, then sat at her desk and crossed her legs, watching him. "So what's the proposition hm?"

message 45: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments They had only just begun to get into deeper discussions when the sound of thumping footsteps announced the return of a very angry giant of a man. 'You!' Gillings snarled, his powerful arms raised threateningly, as he closed in on an anxious looking Rich, who hastily scrabbled up the map he had been showing her, and backed away. 'Look, I can explain!' he said, his voice rising slightly.

message 46: by Athena (new)

Sophian stayed where she was. "It's okay Gillings, he's offering to make us all rich," she muttered looking at her nails. She got up then and gestured for him to come forward. "Hi sweetheart," she said soothingly, wrapping her arms around his neck to calm him. "Are you okay?"

message 47: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments 'Well I would be if that blasted little, jumped up twistabout hadn't sent me on a wild goose chase to the balls of beyond and,' Gillings fumed, glaring at Rich who had the audacity to grin and wave playfully,' play me for a fol will you, eh, what, rich?' for her words had finally penetrated the fog of fury that had descended upon him. 'What do you mean rich love,' his softened gaze hardened as they turned upon Rich once more. 'What's this feckless scapegrace been showing you eh?'

message 48: by Athena (new)

"Shhhh... Look at me baby," she murmured stroking Gillings cheek gently, moving his face to look at her. "He doesn't mean any harm sweetheart... Let's just go to bed, and we'll talk more in the morning," she said then looked at Richard. "Go down to where the crew sleeps. If I hear of you walking around the deck tonight or anywhere else other than the crew quarters then you will be confined to the brig. Do I make myself clear?" She asked raising an eyebrow at him.

message 49: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 1367 comments Rich, who had stuck out his tongue in an expression of distaste at the mention of them 'going to bed, smirked and sketched an ironic bow at her command. 'Inescapably clear, crystalline in fact.' he said, his eyes never leaving her, apart from tauntingly shaking the now folded map that was alf concealed in his jacket, at the narrow-eyed Gillings who watched the slender man make his way out. 'That boy is going to be a real pain isn't he?' he grumbled.

message 50: by Athena (new)

"Probably," she shrugged. "Come on sweetheart. Just forget about him for now okay?" She asked smiling and leading him into the bedroom slowly, stoking his hands gently. "Just forget about him," she said kicking the door shut with her foot before leaning up and kissing him gently.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9