The Lord of the Rings The Lord of the Rings discussion

Your favorite out of all the books?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lótë (Iris) (last edited Mar 19, 2013 12:27AM) (new)

Lótë (Iris) Fellowship? Two Towers? Return of the King?
Which book was your favorite?

message 2: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger Two towers

message 3: by Annia (new) - added it

Annia Out of the 6 "books" that Tolkien spilt it into, I would have to say book 3.

Laura Wattie Return of The King.

Trish Fellowship. It was the least bogged down and the whole party was together through much of it.

Zora Two Towers--not for any battle, but the great philosophical lines in there. "As ever he has judged..." and nearly everything Faramir (the author as he wished to be, after all, which makes the movie's ruination of him more insulting still) says and does. "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory." And Sam getting philosophical, recognizing their place in a vast story. Terrific, complex stuff.

message 7: by Saffia (last edited Mar 31, 2013 11:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Saffia I think I'd have to say the Two Tower. The fellowship gets a bit tedious in the middle of it. The only reason why I didn't choose the Return of the King is because the Two Towers has more about Rohan in it.(including Wormtongue getting thrown down the steps)

Angel Wilkinson I loved all three but I guess Fellowship would have to be my favorite. I loved meeting all the characters and learning the backstories. The relationship development in this story and the trilogy is outstanding.

Matthew Williams The Two Towers definitely. It seemed to me to move along at the best pace, had plenty of action interspersed with world building, and introduced some of the series' best characters - such as Faramir and Eomer.

Marko It's all one story. Cannot really pick any favourites from a continuous story.

johanna Matthew wrote: "The Two Towers definitely. It seemed to me to move along at the best pace, had plenty of action interspersed with world building, and introduced some of the series' best characters - such as Farami..."

Sophy wrote: "I think I'd have to say the Two Tower. The fellowship gets a bit tedious in the middle of it. The only reason why I didn't choose the Return of the King is because the Two Towers has more about Roh..."

Zora wrote: "Two Towers--not for any battle, but the great philosophical lines in there. "As ever he has judged..." and nearly everything Faramir (the author as he wished to be, after all, which makes the movi..."

I can't believe I've found people who like The Two Towers best!! Finally, some of my ilk :P
The Two Towers was definitely my favourite. Everyone says they like the Fellowship, or the Return ...
Don't get me wrong; I love them all to bits :')

But my favourite is the Two Towers. It had so much Gollum dialogue in it! Haha. And I just generally enjoyed it more ... I don't know why.

Kaeri The Fellowship was my favorite, but I got the most emotional at Return of the King... only because it felt like such a goodbye. Reading the last chapters was heartbreaking... it felt like this long epic journey was finally ending and there was nothing I could do about it.

message 13: by Wm. Scott (last edited Jun 04, 2013 10:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Wm. Scott Conway I am with Marko, it is difficult to slice out a favorite out of a single contiguous story. And even if one could, the thresholds wouldn't necessarily be between the books.

I like the birthday party in Fellowship, as well as the beginnings of the adventure, and Moria. I could appreciate all things Rohan in TTT, and the Mouth of Sauron in Return, as well as majestic manner in which Aragorn is treated.

My general dislike of TTT and Return was that the storylines split, one following Aragorn, and the other following Frodo. By the time I get to Frodo, I have completely forgotten what was happening when last we saw him. Same for Aragorn's line.