r/books discussion

Introductions > Hi, /r/books! I'm Darliza

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darliza (new)

Darliza (parentheticals) | 92 comments Hi, guys. My name is Darliza. I'm 25 (turning 26 in 2 days), and I'm from the island city of Cebu, Philippines.

Um, I like to read anything but I'm curiously drawn towards Science Fiction and Fantasy. I grew up being a voracious reader but I do have some months when I did not touch any book. I'm trying to make up for all those lazy days right now, and my book blog The Book Experience has helped a lot, so far.

I'm currently on a Holocaust literature phase since I want to know more about it, not having been taught a lot about it in school. Other hobbies include watching movies and joining a local pub trivia at least once a week!

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) Hello, welcome, and thank you for the great ideas for the group! I've only read one Holocause book, Night, back in high school. It was a great read, truly eye-opening. Before Goodreads I had no idea that Night was only the first of three so I may pick up the other two sometime after I've gotten though some others.

message 3: by Darliza (new)

Darliza (parentheticals) | 92 comments Night is next on my list. I didn't know anything about Elie Wiesel until tumblr recommended him as one of the best writers about the Holocaust (he coined the term, and survived being in the camp/s). It's truly one of the most heartbreaking things that could've happened to the world. I wish schools in my country teach more about it.

Thanks for the warm welcome.