Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Really Messed Up Manga Series

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The Secrets of Lady Kanoko is very messed up in the database. There are 3 volumes, but only two were released in the US (by Tokyopop). The original publisher in Hana to Yume.

Koi Dano Ai Dano looks like it is a sequel. I'm not sure how many volumes there are, but there is at least one.

http://www.goodreads.com/search?utf8=...

message 2: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments Looking into this

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you. :)

message 4: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments This should be all sorted now.

It looks like the 3rd volume of the English translation was planned but maybe got caught up in the TokyoPop mess? Not sure, but it has an ISBN so I've left it.

For Koi Dano ai Dano, I don't see any official English translation and I suspect the added issues were of the scanlations. Since we don't allow scanlations on Goodreads, I updated these to reflect the information for the Japanese books and added the rest of the series.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you so much! More than likely that's what happened to volume 3. That's really what makes the most sense for why a series would suddenly stop being published at the last volume.

message 6: by vicki_girl (last edited Mar 19, 2013 06:20AM) (new)

vicki_girl | 2765 comments I am 99% sure that's what happened. Tokyopop closed its doors on May 31, 2011. Volume 3 of this manga was due out in August 2011. I added a librarian note reflecting the likely cancellation.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay.