Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Movies & TV > Does anybody watch Being Human?

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (emtmelissa) | 165 comments I just started watching the show Being Human (SyFy) on Netflix starting with season 1. Pretty good show so far.

message 2: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Melissa wrote: "I just started watching the show Being Human (SyFy) on Netflix starting with season 1. Pretty good show so far."

Are you watching the British or American version, Melissa? They're both good, but they deviate in season 2 so you could watch both. I do love Mitchell the vamp from the Brit one...so dishy!

message 3: by AD (new)

AD (ad345) | 25 comments Melissa wrote: "I just started watching the show Being Human (SyFy) on Netflix starting with season 1. Pretty good show so far."

I watch Being Human UK which is also on Netflix. I like it better than the SyFy version. I've only got through about 4 ep of the SyFy one.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (emtmelissa) | 165 comments Hmmm...I'm watching the US version on Netflix. I noticed there was a UK version on Netflix as well. I'll check that out as well...

message 5: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) I got as far as the US season 2 or so. Good, but just found the storylines more riveting on the UK one. Season 3 UK, if you get that far, is intense and soooo amazing! The things that happen!!I bought it and am so glad I did.

message 6: by AD (new)

AD (ad345) | 25 comments Rosanna wrote: "I got as far as the US season 2 or so. Good, but just found the storylines more riveting on the UK one. Season 3 UK, if you get that far, is intense and soooo amazing! The things that happen!!I bou..."

I agree. The acting, humor and story lines in the UK version are amazing and I wasn't feeling it with the US version.

message 7: by Beckie (new)

Beckie (chikittie) | 18 comments I have seen the whe first season (US). Love it!!!!

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan (megandurrence) | 63 comments I haven't caught up on season 3 yet, but I love the US version. I started to watch the UK one, but I wasn't feeling it. I just really like the guy that plays Josh. From what I've seen of season three, though, he's too serious. He used to be a funny serious, but he's just a boring serious now.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I have watched both the UK version and the US version and I like them both same. I gotten as far as season 4 in the UK series and I'm just starting Season 3 in the US one, both versions have something that I like so I can't really decide which one I like better.

message 10: by JackieR (new)

JackieR (readthat) | 64 comments I watch both and I am up to date on both. I like them both but the UK one is better in my opinion.

message 11: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) All I can say is...Mitchell!

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda L. (awikstrand) I keep watching the US version but it isn't my favorite series. I don't know why I don't get excited about it, but I don't. Then again, I still watch it every week. Hmmm

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (emtmelissa) | 165 comments I am really liking the US version so far. Tried watching the UK version and really couldn't get into it at all.

message 14: by Hope Welsh (new)

Hope Welsh | 28 comments I like the US version. It's not bad :) Wasn't thrilled with the UK version.

Have you tried Lost Girl yet?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I REALLY WANT TO WATCH THIS SHOW SO BAD!!!!!! I HAVE SO MANY SHOWS THAT I'M CURRENTLY WATCHING!!! Pretty Little Liars and The Vampire Diaries...

message 16: by Nyssa (new)

Nyssa | 4 comments I watched and liked the first 2 seasons of the UK version... Didn't even try to watch the US version - had a feeling I would be disappointed. I'm glad to know that they're both on NetFlix.

message 17: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (emtmelissa) | 165 comments Hope...haven't heard of Lost Girl...what's it about?

message 18: by Christian (new)

Christian Baines (christianbaines) | 11 comments Have only watched the first two seasons of the UK series, but loved it.

"These people are British. You're not supposed to talk to your neighbours until you've nodded at them for 15 years!"

message 19: by JackieR (new)

JackieR (readthat) | 64 comments when does the British version start up again in the states? or has it started already? I love the British version best but I do think the American is getting better and better.

message 20: by M.R. (new)

M.R. Jenks (mjenks6) | 12 comments I like the U.S. version better. In the UK version the characters are much more over the top in their lines and reactions, so it didn't seem as realistic. The first season of the U.S. version is one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. They've fallen back a little this year in their plot lines, but it's still good. My other favorite show on TV is Stranded. It's like that old MTV show Fear, but even better. Unlike Ghost Hunters or Ghost Adventures (which is awesome), these people don't know what they're getting into and are seriously under-prepared for the frights that come their way during the hauntings. That's what makes it so much fun, and also there's no big camera crew and staff behind the scenes, just three people and their own cameras and recording equipment (though remote cameras are set up in the locations beforehand to capture as much evidence as possible).

message 21: by Jill (new)

Jill O’Bones (jill_h_obones) | 17 comments I watched the BBC version, Loved Mitchell! but the last season I didnt like, the new characters seemed blah, but I will prob watch this year since it's supose to be the last season. Never watched the Scyfy version,.

message 22: by Noma (new)

Noma (nomajones) | 1 comments Do anyone know what day and time it comes on now? I need to catch up :) Thanks in advance.

message 23: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Rhoades (jackierhoades) | 11 comments I started watching the BBC version and then lost track of when it was on. I'm a big fan of the US version now. The UK version is more fun, the US more serious. It's like watching two different shows with the same premise and I can't decide which is better.

message 24: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 11 comments Love the UK Version. The US version is ok.

message 25: by Shah (new)

Shah Wharton (shahw1) | 4 comments UK version is far superior. I miss Mitchell though. :(

message 26: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) Shah wrote: "UK version is far superior. I miss Mitchell though. :("

Only seen the UK version, but kept telling myself to catch up on the US show. I guess now that it's all over would be as good a time as any :(

message 27: by Angie (new)

Angie (angieb1978) | 146 comments I used to watch the UK version on Space here in Canada. I loved it but then they stopped playing it on that channel and replaced it with the US version. I miss my UK version =( I can't find it on any of the channels we have.

message 28: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Have been catching up with the newest Brit season of the show...and I still miss Mitchell. :(

message 29: by JackieR (new)

JackieR (readthat) | 64 comments Rosanna where are you catching up on Being Human Brit version? I think BBC america stopped playing it, because my DVR isnt picking it up :(

message 30: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) JackieR wrote: "Rosanna where are you catching up on Being Human Brit version? I think BBC america stopped playing it, because my DVR isnt picking it up :("

I'm just at the start of the season with Hal, Tom and the Scottish girl ghost Alex. The men are working in a senior's home, and there is a very good devil subplot.

message 31: by JackieR (new)

JackieR (readthat) | 64 comments Are you watching it on regular cable or somewhere online?

message 32: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) JackieR wrote: "Are you watching it on regular cable or somewhere online?"

Online, but not sure where. I believe hubby has found a site. He's the techie wiz and does the downloading! :) I just sit and watch.

message 33: by Jill (new)

Jill O’Bones (jill_h_obones) | 17 comments Looks like season 5 starts July 15 on BBC America

message 34: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) I was so excited going to see The Hobbit because I knew it'd get me a bit more Mitchell time! LOL

message 35: by Carly (new)

Carly Nicholas (zombie_girl) | 25 comments Yes! I do, although now it has been cancelled. The English version of it is y favourite. The american version of it, is very slow and boring, and why the hell was it ever made?

message 36: by Shah (new)

Shah Wharton (shahw1) | 4 comments I am British and watched UK Being Human obsessively. I adored the original lineup but when Mitchell (well he who played him) left to work in Hobbit, it broke my heart (yep - I loved it that much!) .I watched the following episodes, but they were not as good and well, it is no more! :( I tried to get into the US version - but just like US version of The Office, its just not the same. I'm quite gutted actually. Being Human was like my dream show when I fist saw the pilot years ago, and now it is no more. If Mitchell returned, they could make another season on that revelation alone. And of course, they should bring back the rest of the original cast. But they all moved on to bigger and better things (resumable?). Oh, how ambition has spoilt my viewing pleasure! :(

message 37: by Angie (new)

Angie (angieb1978) | 146 comments I'm so excited! We just got Netflix and they have the UK version of Being Human. Now I can catch up on the episodes I missed! The American version didn't do it for me either.

Shah, did they end the show?

message 38: by JackieR (new)

JackieR (readthat) | 64 comments season 5 of British version Being Human just began. The advertising said"The final season" boo boo. I know it's different with the new characters but I wish they would have given it more time to find its way.

message 39: by Bronda (new)

Bronda | 67 comments I watch the U.S. version of Being Human on Syfy.
I like it. I think it is a pretty good show.