Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group discussion

ABOUT BOOKS AND READING > ABOUT GOING "PAPERLESS" ... :-)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments ABOUT GOING "PAPERLESS":
http://www.flixxy.com/the-paperless-f...

:-)

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 6320 comments LOL!

message 3: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Mar 19, 2013 06:38AM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments I knew you'd get a chuckle out of that one! LOL

(What a way to prove a point! LOL)

message 4: by Mary JL (new)

Mary JL (maryjl) | 527 comments Great!!

message 5: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Glad you found it, Mary JL. Think I'll send the link to my relatives. :) People should always have time for a smile.

message 6: by Werner (new)

Werner Cute video, Joy! Thanks for sharing that. :-)

message 7: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Mar 22, 2013 09:18PM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments You're welcome, Werner. My sister sent the link to me.

message 8: by Earl (new)

Earl (read_for_entertainment) | 375 comments I have no bias against handheld reading appliances, but I prefer paper books when I can get them. However, all the banks and credit cards want you to 'go paperless' to save them some money. I find that insulting in the extreme. I NEED a written confirmation of where my money is and that it's still there! The banks no longer pay any interest on your money that they're using, they can CERTAINLY afford to provide me with paper statements! I idea of records floating in cyberspace somewhere, subject the the next Chinese, Korean, Iranian cyber attack is such a BAD idea! BTW, the whole reason for that 'no interest' for seniors is Wall Streets ruse to force your savings into the stock market so they can rob you of it in myriad ways.

message 9: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Earl, you've made some good points. Banking online is OK but I want paper statements as well. Besides, there are still quite a few people who are not computer literate and they NEED paper statements. As for the low interest being given lately, it's a disgrace!

message 10: by Earl (new)

Earl (read_for_entertainment) | 375 comments Joy H. wrote: "Earl, you've made some good points. Banking online is OK but I want paper statements as well. Besides, there are still quite a few people who are not computer literate and they NEED paper statement..."

'The Fed' holds the interest rate down for good sounding reasons. I believe 'The Fed' is in collusion with Wall St. to steal money. Great institution for our country to be dependent on.

message 11: by Nina (new)

Nina | 6067 comments It's spring in KS or so the calendar says but you wouldn't know it by looking at the foot of snow out my windows. I am spending the afternoon reading, "Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore." It's different than my usual but fun exercise for my brain.