YA Bookaholics discussion

Archives > Books That Made You Cry

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Jessica  (stuckinotherworlds) | 858 comments Mod
What books made you cry? Why?

One of the books I cried in was the Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. It was sooo sad. :(

message 2: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (clouddinosaur) Ruined by Lucy Christopher because the ending was so conflicting and upsetting to me :'(

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins Dreamland  by Sarah Dessen and I'm pretty sure Hopeless (Hopeless, #1) by Colleen Hoover .

I know there's more, but I'm not sure which ones.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I probably cried at the end of The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle, #3) by Libba Bray . I can't remember.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I'm probably one of the most emotional people in this group when it comes to sad parts in books. I don't know why, but a lot of sad parts make me cry.

Anyway, the last few pages of The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder were pretty sad--It's a cancer book. It was nowhere near as sad as TFIOS, though.

message 6: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare is making me cry! It's got some really sad parts. :(

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Oh man, here we go again . . . . Am I the only one that lets a few tears loose while reading some of the saddest parts in books?

Anyways, I've got a new one and one that I just remembered:
Bloodrose (Nightshade, #3) by Andrea Cremer A Mango-shaped Space by Wendy Mass .

message 8: by Dana (new)

Dana Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4) by Colleen Houck And I rarely cry at books.

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I just know that the book I'm currently reading is going to make me tear up at least a little bit. The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) That is a fantastic book. I can't remember if I cried while reading that one.

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I just read the Maggie Henning of the Realm series and I think I cried at the end of every book they were so good

message 12: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 4 comments TFIOS is be far the book that made be bawl the most, it was AMAZING! Coming in second would probably be the infamous Harry Potter (of course) and third would probably be Shades of Earth. But I'm a big baby when it comes to books... I cry like no other when it comes to a sad part. O well, the more a books makes me cry the more I adore it.

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Yep, Harry Potter sure has its tearjerker moments.

message 14: by Jessica , Proud Bookaholic (new)

Kareena wrote: "The Kite Runner
This book made me cry the most till now."

I read that book too! It was so sad! After I read the The Breadwinner Trilogy by Deborah Ellis and I cried in that too. I do recommend this book tho. :)

Chloe Fandom Queen WARNING!! SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Last Breath in the Morganville Vampires series because Claire died!
Mockingjay in the Hunger Games Trilogy because Prim died!
Bitter Blood in the Morganville Vampires series because Myrnin was leaving!

message 16: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (summerray) | 65 comments New Moon made me cry like a baby the first time i read it.

message 17: by Destany (new)

Destany | 122 comments Gracling. I loved Po then he had to lose his sight

message 18: by Destany (new)

Destany | 122 comments And caching fire when gale was whipped

message 19: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth just read die for her which is a short story and it made me want to for Jules he loves her so much but he loves his best friend just as much so he just keeps his feelings to himself and is happy he gets to be around her

message 20: by Jessica (new)

message 21: by Christine (new)

Christine (MissWinterly) | 4 comments Spoilers?

The Deathly Hallows - WHYY?!
Mockingjay - All. My. Favorite. Characters. Are. Dead.

message 22: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Hannelore wrote: "The fault in our stars! That made me cry, quite a lot..."

I reread TFIOS this year, so I thought I was prepared for it. I had this silly idea that I was going to read the book without crying.

. . . My plan failed epically.

message 23: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Jessica wrote: "Bloodrose (Nightshade, #3) by Andrea CremerThe Fault in Our Stars by John Green"

Bloodrose . . . that was a pretty low moment for me. That book made me so incredibly sad. :(

message 24: by Kalyn (new)

Kalyn Jackson | 22 comments Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars

message 25: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Yep. Looking for Alaska got to me to. Gosh, books can make me really emotional.

message 26: by Azaria (new)

Azaria Howell (azariah) | 19 comments Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins

Well, I haven't fully read Mockingjay. I never finished because it was overdue at the library D: But it still made me cry.

Julia Griffis - The Romance Bibliophile (theromancebibliophile) "Clockwork Princess"

message 28: by Emilie (new)

Emilie The Host, for sure.

Claudia the Night Owl (claudiamancilla) | 102 comments Clockwork Princess. I haven't cried that much for a book in a long time, if ever.

message 30: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout I cried and my heart broke at the same time

message 31: by Anum (new)

Anum | 37 comments Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling

When Sirius died.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling

When fred dies.

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins

The ending was heart breaking I mean not exactly the ending but the events that led to it.

message 32: by Destany (new)

Destany | 122 comments Harry Potter and Light ( Gone series )

message 33: by Katie (new)

Katie Boord (katieboord) | 28 comments I don't cry very much (at least not much compared to other teenage girls), but some books that made me cry are:

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. (A lot of people are posting that, I've noticed)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling.(Fred! Why?!)

Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale. (There was one scene near the end when all the characters had given up hope and it was so sad...but there was still a happy ending)

And...that's all I can think of right now.

message 34: by Carmen ❾¾ (new)

Carmen ❾¾ (happyendinglover) I cry with nearly every book i read xDD

message 35: by Anna (new)

Anna (jasminum) I have never cryed in books o_o

message 36: by Carmen ❾¾ (new)

Carmen ❾¾ (happyendinglover) never??

message 37: by Alice (new)

Alice Massacre | 49 comments Daphne's Book by Mary Downing Hahn Lily's Crossing by Patricia Reilly Giff Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata Intensely Alice (Alice, #21) by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor Lovingly Alice by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor

the list goes on and on...

message 38: by Miranda (new)

Miranda 13 Reasons Why and of course The Fault in our Stars.

message 39: by Luna (last edited Jul 17, 2013 06:36PM) (new)

Luna Cakegood (Luna_Cakegood) | 50 comments description The epilogue was so beautiful

description (view spoiler)

description Please excuse me while I go bawl my eyes out

message 40: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling _ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling _ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling

message 41: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan | 38 comments The fault in our stars and clockwork princess had me like full on bawling

message 42: by Shaylie (new)

Shaylie (shaylie64) The Perks Of Being a Wallflower!! It's my favorite book and I cry every time!!

message 43: by Raevyn (last edited Jul 18, 2013 05:23AM) (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] (raevynstar) | 80 comments Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth (view spoiler).

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling (view spoiler)

A Dangerous Path (Warriors, #5) by Erin Hunter . I couldn't help but be sad when (view spoiler)

And probably The Fault in Our Stars by John Green when I get around to reading it.

Yellowfang's Secret (Warriors Super Edition) by Erin Hunter , because (view spoiler)

The Giver (The Giver Quartet, #1) by Lois Lowry before you know there are sequels.

Monument 14 (Monument 14, #1) by Emmy Laybourne . (view spoiler)

The Wide Window (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #3) by Lemony Snicket (view spoiler)

The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes

And finally, no sad list would be complete without Love, Aubrey by Suzanne LaFleur ! :,(

message 44: by Perenelle (new)

Perenelle | 250 comments Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead and Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead
Between by Jessica Warman The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2) by Leigh Bardugo Son (The Giver, #4) by Lois Lowry Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2) by Colleen Houck
i don't really full on cry much, but i did cry in these books :')

Claudia the Night Owl (claudiamancilla) | 102 comments This: Winger by Andrew Smith I read it two days ago and I'm still trying to get over it. Ah, the feels!

message 46: by Carmen ❾¾ (new)

Carmen ❾¾ (happyendinglover) I've finish losing hope a few days ago and in the last chapters i couldnt stop crying

message 47: by Raevyn (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] (raevynstar) | 80 comments UPDATE: The Last Hope (Warriors Omen of the Stars, #6) by Erin Hunter . Yeesh, those Warriors books are sad...