Rose Harbor in Bloom (Rose Harbor, #2) Rose Harbor in Bloom discussion

Live Video Chat with Debbie Macomber

Comments Showing 1-50 of 82 (82 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown Join us on Monday, May 6 at 2pm ET/11am PT for a live video chat with #1 New York Times bestselling author Debbie Macomber. We'll be discussing her new book Rose Harbor in Bloom, as well as her successful career and her life as a novelist.

If you have a question for Debbie, please ask it below.

message 2: by Jean (new)

Jean Long From one dyslexic to another do you fine it a curse or a blessing. For me it took time but it is a blessing because common sence win's everytime :-)

message 3: by Brenda (new)

Brenda What is your best advice for writers who are trying to get published?

message 4: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Berard How do you come up with so many new characters and still weave the story around the older characters? I love it that you do.

Mirian Q You're a new found author for me and I'm loving your books. I've notice, though that you always have a character, or sometimes many, that are widows. Any special reason?

message 6: by Meg (new) - added it

Meg My absolute favorite books are the Angel Series. Have you ever thought to make a book with them that is not centered around the holidays? I could read their antics all year long.

Zynp Alcn What was the hardest part of writing your book? and What book are you reading now?

Suzy I'm in love with Seattle and the areas near it because of you:) I love curling up with one of your books and travel all over! I've been told by other writers to just grab a pen and start writing everyday. What is your best advice to "want a be" writers?

message 9: by Pat (new)

Pat I too, would enjoy the angels & their anics at any season. Maybe them riding own the road, the transmission falls out. Surly thi little "gahl-lings couldn't get into too much trouble?

message 10: by Gwen (new)

Gwen Presnell I get The Daily Guideposts and very much enjoy your part in the devotional, as well as your books. I live in FL now, but used to live an hours drive from Seattle in Raymond, WA.

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan I haven't yet read all of your books but I did enjoy the knitting theme in Blossom Street. I am from the UK and would ask whether you would ever set a book in England at some stage?

message 12: by Mary (new)

Mary Standard Mary: q Would you discuss your charity work and let us know how to join in and participate?

message 13: by Lady (new)

Lady Love your books, I was wondering is there any chance for Morning Comes Softly to be made into an audiobook, and also do you plan to write more stand alones like that one again?

message 14: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Goldi Debbie is coming to the book & author luncheon and I can't wait to see and hear her speak

message 15: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Goldi love love love all of her books

message 16: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Goldi THE Pageturners thank you for all of the goodies

message 17: by Vickie (new)

Vickie q Do ever use personal experiences to create characters or situations?Also, I just wanted to say that one thing I really love about your books is the absence of profanity!Thanks.

message 18: by Zynp (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zynp Alcn Thank you very much for create me a time that I really enjoy, it is the time that I read your book(s) :) also I really want to know, what inspired you to write your first book?

message 19: by Mary (new)

Mary Warneka I am new to reading your books. I find the atmosphere is comfortable and warm..the characters interesting. they are such a treat after struggling through today's dark themes. You are a good model for those persons whose lives and talents may not have been so obvious. thank you..

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

q Do you have a favorite character? Who would you say is most like you in your books?

Julie  aka trouble.. I love how you include other characters in each book am enjoying all your books ..

Julie  aka trouble.. am loving all your books my mother got me hooked I love the O Briens can't wait for more.

message 23: by Sicily (new)

Sicily Yoder Do you have a specific word count for each writing day, and do you still write on a typewriter?

message 24: by Errol Tony (new)

Errol Tony Soma Any advice to new writers regarding Platform, can a writer get a book deal if they don't have one? (Patrick please talk about Platform w/authors more,would help new writers who want to get published).

Eviescrivanoyahoo.com will you write more non fiction books like one simple act? It was very inspiring. Eva Conti

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Q How long do you work each day and how do you seperate work and personal life?

Eviescrivanoyahoo.com Eva Conti q Will you write more non fiction books like One Simple Act? I was very inspired by it

message 28: by Meg (new) - added it

Meg q My favorrite are the Angel series. Have you ever thought about writing a book featuring them, that is not around the Holidays?

message 29: by Candisrrt (new)

Candisrrt q what is one of your favorite things to knit?

message 30: by Skye (new) - rated it 5 stars

Skye this is exciting :)

message 31: by Bev (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bev q Will you be doing another fan retreat in Cedar Cove?

message 32: by Elaine (new)

Elaine How do you decide on characters names

message 33: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Dellamattera Q Is there going to be another series about the knitting shop?

Tracey Folkner q Any more cookbooks in the future?

message 35: by Gabi (new)

Gabi q I love the small town life that you describe in your books. I just wonder if it still exists our it is just fiction

message 36: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee In your author profile it's mentioned you're dyslexic, how has that impacted you as a writer and what words of wisdom could you impart to those who have a similar encumbrances who wish to write?

message 37: by Madeliene (new)

Madeliene Hello from Blackpool England! I started reading your books a while again and they made me want to start knitting/crochet again! On the subjectof widows in your books, I am one too, my husband was only 57 and trying to keep going is so hard and you have it all right in your books! Keep going, I love your books!

message 38: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee q In your author profile it's mentioned you're dyslexic, how has that impacted you as a writer and what words of wisdom could you impart to those who have a similar encumbrances who wish to write?

message 39: by Cathie (new)

Cathie Did the movie Mrs Miracle follow the book exactly? Or were there changes?

message 40: by Elaine (new)

Elaine Q How do you decide on characters names

message 41: by Elaine (new)

Elaine QI love that there is no swearing in your books

message 42: by Cathie (new)

Cathie Q Did the Mrs Miracle follow the book exactly? Or were there change?

message 43: by Reem (new)

Reem Q Greetings from Egypt! I really love you so much although getting your books here is very expensive :) But l'll always buy. And i'll always keep reading "Between Friends" it's my Fav.

message 44: by Madeliene (new)

Madeliene Ps I would also love you to visit the book club I go to at the library, you are welcome!

message 45: by Maureen (new) - added it

Maureen Love that you weave knitting into your stories. Are there other crafts that you do that may appear in a future novel?

message 46: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Q Do you have any tips for unpublished writers?

message 47: by Simoneschmidt (new)

Simoneschmidt Hello Debbie, do you think Cedar Cove tv series on Hallmark channel have a chance to be shown in Brasil? Blessings and hugs to you, your dear ones and to Nancy too.

message 48: by Reem (new)

Reem Q What would a successful year of writing look like to you?

message 49: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Q Do you have any advice on developing characters?

message 50: by Simoneschmidt (new)

Simoneschmidt This is the first time I see you 'live' and hear you speaking. You look so nice and friendly. I am so happy I can understand you so clearly. :)

« previous 1