Shadow Falls discussion

Around Camp > The Lake

Comments Showing 1-50 of 602 (602 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

message 1: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new)

Melissa | 5451 comments Campers can go for a swim here.

message 2: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new)

Melissa | 5451 comments "Come on Johnny!" Felicia called as she tugged of her clothes and got ready to jump into the water.

message 3: by Cait Sith (new)

Cait Sith Fairy (willowkeeper) | 458 comments Johnny jumped into the water and started swimming around.

message 4: by Booknut (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments Alexa Kent:

Alexa held a hand above the water.

Come on... She flicked her wrist. The water lay still. Come on...just a small one will do....

She squinted. Wrinkled her nose. Muttered a few choice swear words. Flicked her wrist, both wrists, wriggled her fingers and snapped them. Hummed The Worst Witch theme tune under her breath.

But the water didn't rise.

"Argh!" she groaned, dropping her hands to her side and plopping down on the grassy banks by the lake. Anger and frustration coursed through her. "For once can the spell just work-"

Suddenly the water rose in a high, quivering sheet...and dumped over the top of her, soaking her through and crashing down upon her with a sound like thunder.

Taking deep breaths, Alexa clenched and unclenched her hands - water dripping off the end of her nose. She whipped her sunglasses off and tried to dry them on the hem of her water-logged sweater.

It always works when I don't want it to! she thought mournfully.

message 5: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new)

Melissa | 5451 comments "Working on your powers again?" Felicia called from the water where she was treading water and trying not to laugh at the soaked witch.

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_reader) Rebecca wandered over to the lake, just missing the wave of water that crashed over Alexa. She glanced over at Felicia, who was obviously trying not to laugh.

"What did I miss?" She asked as she kicked off her slippers, roller up her PJ pants, and sat down at the water's edge, her feet barely submerged in the lake.

message 7: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new)

Melissa | 5451 comments "Not much, just Alexa getting soaked by her own powers." Felicia said, teasingly.

message 8: by Cait Sith (new)

Cait Sith Fairy (willowkeeper) | 458 comments Johnny kept swimming around, happily.

message 9: by Booknut (last edited Mar 19, 2013 10:25PM) (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments Alexa rolled her eyes at Felicia - not commenting on her failed water manipulation - as she pulled her hair over her shoulder and wrung it out like a dishcloth. Drat. And she'd straightened it earlier that morning too!

Joining Rebecca by the lake's edge, Alexa didn't bother rolling up her jean bottoms as she dipped her feet into the lake. When Rebecca raised an eyebrow, Alexa shrugged. "I'm soaked anyway," she said dryly.
Rebecca smirked. "Good point."

message 10: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new)

Melissa | 5451 comments Felicia grinned and swam over to Alexa and Rebecca. "I love swimming, hey why don't you guys join us?" She asked, gesturing at Johnny.

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_reader) "Sure!" Rebecca said cheerfully. When she stood up to get into the water, she remembered what she was wearing.

"Oh. I guess I have to change." She said sheepishly. Quickly, she ran to get changed and then back to the lake. Her bikini was a bright neon green swirled with an equally neon pink.

"Cannonball!" She cried as she jumped into the water, sending a spray of water over her companions.

message 12: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new)

Melissa | 5451 comments Felicia laughed, "I guess it's a good thing we're already wet huh?" She looked at Rebecca's suit and said, "nice suit. I like the colors." Her own bikini was a bit plain, being just black.

message 13: by Booknut (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments Alexa couldn't help but smile at Rebecca and Felicia - especially when Felicia, grinning wickedly, deposited a handful of slimy leaves, that had been sitting at the bottom of the lake, on top of Rebecca's head. Rebecca shrieked and shook her head, splashing a wave of water at Felicia.

"My hair!" she cried, laughing. "Eww, eww, eww - that stuff is disgusting!"

message 14: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new)

Melissa | 5451 comments Felicia started laughing uncontrollably and soon tears were running down her face. When she finally was able to collect herself he said, "that was the point."

message 15: by Cait Sith (new)

Cait Sith Fairy (willowkeeper) | 458 comments Johnny slipped under the surface of the water, and didn't come back up.

message 16: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new)

Melissa | 5451 comments Felicia saw Johnny go under and her eyes widened. She took a deep breath and held it before submerging. She looked around under the surface but couldn't see very well. She tried not to panic and thought,he'll be fine, he's a shifter so he can change into a fish.... right?

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_reader) Rebecca had been wiping the last of the leaves out of her hair, when she saw Johnny disappear under the surface. She gasped and watched in shock as Felicia go underwater after him. After a moments hesitation, she dropped under the surface too.

Looking to the left of her, she saw Felica again looking around, looking slightly freaked out. Using her powers, Rebecca reached out and touched her friend's arm, calming Felica's mind.

message 18: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new)

Melissa | 5451 comments Felicia felt her mind start to calm and knew it was Rebecca's doing. She tamped down the urge to become fae and shrug it off, instead focusing on finding Johnny.

message 19: by Booknut (last edited Mar 22, 2013 07:58PM) (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments Alexa shimmed over, she was leaning over the edge. "Where's Jimmy?" she asked Felicia, who was breathing in and out - Rebecca's hand on her arm. The water was still, no bubbles rising to the surface. Both girls had dived under, only to return to the surface several times - their efforts fruitless.

"I don't know," Felicia replied, wading deeper into the lake.
"Do..." Alexa bit her lip. "I could try sending out a probe for him - linking with the element isn't something I've perfect, but it could help."

message 20: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new)

Melissa | 5451 comments Felicia nodded, "do it. He's probably fine, I mean he's a shapeshifter but....." She swallowed nervously. She knew that if she had to she could do something to be able to look for him for longer periods of time but.... Was it worth it if he was fine?

message 21: by Booknut (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments Alexa kicked off her boots - lowering herself into the lake, still fully clothed. "It's easier if I'm in direct contact," she explained to the girls, sinking her hands into the water and closing her eyes. Feeling the coolness, she found the spark within her and willed it to connect with the element around her.

Come on, she begged. Please work...

Panic started to settle in. What if it didn't work-there! The element overwhelmed her senses and she ducked her head beneath the surface - opening her eyes and seeing the lake's depths with renewed clarity.

Kicking her legs to propel her deeper, she felt the water tugging at her. Down. She felt an urge to go deeper. Holding her breath she complied, and could glimpse Jimmy - his leg ensnared in what seemed to be a selkie trap.

The camp had selkie traps in all the major bodies of water around the camp - mainly to trap selkies trying to make homes for themselves, where they could prey on innocent campers. But this one looked old, and had broken away from the lakebed. Alexa could see Jimmy struggling feebly to free himself from it.

Damn it. Alexa swam down to Jimmy, her chest aching with the effort of holding her breath. She tugged at the trap. It didn't give. Magic? Rolling her eyes, she thought hard. What spells did she know?

The Release chant would be a start. But would it work when she couldn't say it out loud? She had yet to fully master silent spells.

It better work, she thought grimly. Braced herself. RELEASE, she screamed inwardly.

There was loud pop and an echoey groan - the trap popping open, releasing Jimmy. Slipping an arm around his waist, all too aware of the weight of her water-logged clothes weighing her down, Alexa swam quickly towards the surface.

message 22: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new)

Melissa | 5451 comments Felicia couldn't wait any longer. After what seemed like hours but was most likely only a few minutes she dove after Alexa. She saw her, straining to pull Johnny up from the bottom of the lake. Felicia quickly kicked down and grabbed him from her, pulling him up and taking his weight from Alexa. She broke the surface and gasped for air, checking on Johnny to make sure he was still breathing.

Felicia turned to Rebecca and, still gasping to catch her breath said "help Alexa!" Without waiting to see what Rebecca would do Felicia swam to shore and dragged Johnny onto the ground at the lake's edge. She lay him out on the ground and pressed her ear to his little chest, breathing a sigh of relief when she heard his heartbeat.

Felicia lay out beside Johnny, her chest heaving and she puffed, "swimming. Bad idea."

message 23: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_reader) Rebecca swam to shore a little belatedly, but concern was clear in her eyes.

"Are you okay, Johnny?" She asked. While waiting for the boy to recover, she looked at the two girls. "I'm sorry that I couldn't be much help. You guys were awesome though."

message 24: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new)

Melissa | 5451 comments "Thanks." Felicia said, finally having caught her breath. She looked at Johnny with a worried frown. "Does anyone know what happened? One minute he was fine and the next he was stuck at the bottom of the lake." She saw that his leg was rubbed raw and bruised so she extended a hand to heal him without thinking.

Her hand started glowing as she healed him but she froze after a second when she realized what she was doing. Crap! Witches can heal too right? She thought before unfreezing and acting like nothing was wrong.

message 25: by Booknut (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments Alexa hauled herself out of the lake, tugging her hair tie out and finger-combing her wet hair back, re-tying it into a ponytail. She came up beside where Felicia was sitting beside Jimmy; Rebecca holding his wrist, seemingly searching for a pulse.

"Does anyone know what happened? One minute he was fine and the next he was stuck at the bottom of the lake."

"It was a selkie trap," Alexa told Felicia. She grabbed a handful of her shirt and began wringing it out. Ick. Lake water was truly disgusting. "It was an old one - a real hazard. I think we should mention this to the Head Counselor when we get the chance."

message 26: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new)

Melissa | 5451 comments Felicia nodded, "I'll tell Holiday during my next session. Felicia flopped down and lay o her back, staring up at the sky, "I'm just so glad we found him. This could have been so bad if we hadn't." She twisted her hair around her hand like rope and wrung it out, watching water drip onto the ground.

message 27: by Booknut (last edited Mar 23, 2013 05:21PM) (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments Alexa was about to say something in agreement, when she spotted a figure making their way towards them. She narrowed her eyes. "Don't look now, but Grumpy's headed our way."

"Grumpy?" Felicia frowned and propped herself up on her elbows.
Rebecca chuckled. "Oh, Alexa. Really?"
Alexa rolled her eyes. "Let me know when he's anything but, and I'll drop the nickname."
"He's not that bad."
"He makes a troll look like a cookie-baking grandma."

"Who?" Felicia asked.
"Sebastian Lysander," Rebecca replied, winking at Alexa. "Or Grumpy. Take your pick."

Alexa's frown deepened as it became clear he was indeed heading towards them. "Blast. What the hell is he doing here? Shouldn't he be sucking up to some teacher? Gelling his hair? I don't want him to be the one to report Jimmy's incident, the insufferable git."

"What is he?" Felicia inquired.
"Warlock." Alexa gave a bitter smirk.
Rebecca grinned. "Tell her the rest, Alex."

Alexa sighed. "The Lysander's and the Trent's are rival witch clans."
"So I take it your families will not be sharing a turkey dinner at Thanksgiving," Felicia replied dryly.
"That just about sums it up."

message 28: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new)

Melissa | 5451 comments Felicia watched as Sebastian continued on his path towards them. When she could clearly see his face her eyes widened. "Holy- The way you were talking about him I thought he'd look like a troll!" Felicia's head whipped around and she hissed, "why didn't you mention he has the face of a Greek god?"

message 29: by Booknut (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments Alexa's cheeks burned. "Because, dearest Felicia, he may look like Adonis, but he's a troll in every way that matters!"

Rebecca snorted and Alexa glared at her. "Ah," Rebecca sighed dramatically. "Young love. You two are clearly star-crossed lov-"
"Ladies."

Sebastian stood before them, blue eyes as glacial as the iceberg that has sunk the Titanic. Even in a grey t-shirt and jeans, he was effortlessly handsome, short black hair framing a chiselled face - his lips curled in a half-smile.

Rebecca waggled her eyebrows at Alexa, who braced herself for the inevitable. "Sebastian," she said, inclining her head.
"Ah. Alexa Trent." The curl of his lips became more pronounced. "I hope I am not intruding. You look rather..." He trailed off, gesturing to her soaked appearance. Alexa gritted her teeth. "I see that your training is going swimmingly."

That was another thing about Sebastian. He knew about how her family had sent her here. Alexa Trent - the failure of the Trent clan, granddaughter of their leaders. And he revelled in every chance he got to stick it in her face. Git.

message 30: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new)

Melissa | 5451 comments Felicia smirked and fanned herself with her hand, pretending to swoon when Sebastian wasn't looking. Alexa spared Sebastian her death glare for a moment to train it on Felicia. Who promptly ignored it and stood so she could better meet Sebastian's gaze. "Yes our girl's training has gone rather well, she just linked herself to the lake to save this boy's life." She said, gesturing to Johnny.

message 31: by Booknut (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments No!

Alexa cringed. Oh, Felicia. Here we go...

Sebastian's eyebrows rose. "Linking with the lake? A little ambitious, are we Trent? I would suggest you start with something more your speed - like water spheres and rain droplets."

Or a tsunami. Or a flood to drown you in. But Alexa just gave him a tight smile. "Well Jimmy's safe, and that's all that matters."
Sebastian shrugged lightly. "True. Would you like some assistance getting him back to camp? He should get checked out as soon as possible. He looks a little green."

"We don't need your help," Alexa ground out, shoving her sunglasses into her pocket.
"Oh, but you do." He smiled. "Holiday sent me."
"You?!"

Sebastian gave Alexa a smug look. "Yes. Me. She wanted you three," he turned to address Felicia and Rebecca, "to see her immediately. Something about your cabin."

message 32: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new)

Melissa | 5451 comments Felicia nodded pleasantly but scowled at him when he wasn't looking. If he weren't a warlock I would so spell him right now. She thought and addressed Rebecca and Alexa, "well girls we wouldn't want to keep Holiday waiting and Sebastian since you're here to help why don't you go get the selkie trap at the bottom of the lake?" And drown while you're down there.

message 33: by Booknut (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments Alexa coughed, covering a laugh. Stupid traps. If only selkies did inhabit the lake. That would solve a few of our problems. "Okay, Felicia." The girls gently lifted Jimmy up, carrying him between them.

"'Til later, Trent," Sebastian called after Alexa as she turned to leave.
"Don't hold you breath," she muttered.

message 34: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new)

Melissa | 5451 comments Felicia snorted once they were out of earshot, "you were right about him. Total troll." She shook her head and sighed, "why is it always the hot ones who act like asses?"

She turned to the other girls, "hey I can take care of Johnny. I can take him back to his cabin by myself so why don't you two go see what Holiday wants? I'll be there in a few."

message 35: by Booknut (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments (Alexa has left for Holiday's office: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1... )

message 36: by Cait Sith (new)

Cait Sith Fairy (willowkeeper) | 458 comments Emma wrote: "Rebecca swam to shore a little belatedly, but concern was clear in her eyes.

"Are you okay, Johnny?" She asked. While waiting for the boy to recover, she looked at the two girls. "I'm sorry that I..."

Johnny coughed up some water, and looked at her. "Uh huh."

message 37: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (last edited Mar 31, 2013 04:03PM) (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments After walking around for 30 minutes Luna finds herself at a lake, "this isn't the mess hall..." she mumbles to herself.
Her stomach growls loader, she cringes at the sound.
she sees others my the lake, but doesn't want to sound stupid, so she leaves.

message 38: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna fallows Jana to the lake.
She still feels like someone is watching her, but who?

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments Jana and Luna find their way to the lake and sit at the edge of the pier. Jana peel off her converse-shoes, and dips her feet into the water, enjoying the view of the glistening water in the midday sun.
She takes a deep breath, tips her head back enjoying rays of Vitamin D from the sun hitting on her face. She hopes that she can get a light tan to darken her now pasty complexion.

Finally Jana looks over at Luna expectantly and says "So, u wanna tell me what all that was about in the Mess Hall?"

message 40: by Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (last edited Apr 16, 2013 07:53PM) (new)

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments ((Elizabeth? u know for ur RP thing, how theres supposedly sum1 watching Luna, could we spice up the story a bit, and it turns out the Alex, aka Luna's bf has sneeked into camp and is the one watchign Luna? or do u have another idea for the story?
but if Alex is coming in, then, then we shall introduce hem a bit later)) or whatevz

message 41: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna bits her lip, "I just miss someone.. That's all.." She places a hand over her stomach.
Luna watches the water, small ripples cause the water to sparkle in the sun light.

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments "Hmm... my girl intuition is telling me that it might be... um.. oh let me guess, Boy Troubles?" asks Jana

message 43: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments "not really boy troubles... more like love sick.. I miss him.." Luna didn't take her eyes off the water.
Her stomach grumbled, "bla, I've eaten SOOO much today, how am i still hungry?" she asked even though she already knew the answer.

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments "Well, i guess its normal to be missing him, but is he a supernatural, or a human? I mean being a supernatural i wudnt exactly suggest being with a human, it might be dangerous. But then again, i guess a lot of girls would dream of finding their "prince charming" and his race, or species would not matter..." Jana thinks for a while. She had never been love-sick before, sure she had missed her friends sometimes like Caleb, but this whole 'love' think still seemed kinda tacky to her, and at this age Jana wonders if its actualy 'love' or merely infatuation.

"Well about ur tummy rumbling situation, i can solve that easily, thats why i had the mountain load of food on my tray, so im always full... mostly... unless there's dessert... bcuz ya know, theres always room for dessert, and more..." Jana says

message 45: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Luna giggled at the food comment, "your silly," she smiled.
She looked at Jana, "Alex is human.. he was the only one who was ever there for me.. My guardian, Emma, made me work corners to pay rent to live with her.. and Alex would pay me, then take me around to the park and stuff.." her heart ached, how was she going to do this without him?
"when is parent's day?" Luna asked randomly, remembering that Felicia had told her that Alex could come to see her then.

message 46: by Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (last edited Apr 16, 2013 09:07PM) (new)

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments "Um actually i dunno, but i think it comes around once a month or sumfin... u might wanna ask Holiday about the parents day thing... although for u it wud be more like 'boyfriend day' right?" Jana says as Luna's cheeks are tinted with pink. She must really like him... he seems like a nice guy... for a human She sees Luna rub her tummy absentmindedly.
Jana wonders if she'll evr meet some1...

"And no offence or anything, but ur guardian seemes kinda strict/mean, what with making u work overtime just to pay rent when ur still a minor... tsk-tsk" Jana comments wiht a shake of her head

message 47: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments She shrugs, "she's an older woman.. My parents put me up for adoption as soon as I was born, to protect me.. And the people who adopted me were really good people, but they died in a car accident when I was ten, so I went to live with my grandma Emma, who told me I was not her granddaughter so I ended up just calling her Emma... And I'm not quiet sure why she hates me so much or why I had to work with her niece on a corner... But I would rather forget that woman..." Luna tried to explain, but got distracted by the sound of a twig snapping from the forest, "did you hear that!?" Luna asked jumping up to her feet.

message 48: by Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (last edited Apr 16, 2013 09:14PM) (new)

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments "Shit." Jana curses and motions for Luna to not move a muscle.

Jana jumps to her feet and her and Luna exchange glances. They both turn slowly at the same time to face the person or the thing that was behind them...

message 49: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments A boy with shaggy dark brown hair, hazel eyes, and with light freckles over his nose stood behind them. his blue t-shirt hung gracefully off his body, and his black jeans looked worn out.
Luna stood in shock for a moment, then screamed, "Alex!" And jumped into his arms.
Alex smiled.
Luna looked up at him, "what are you doing here?" She asked.
He smiled nervesly, "umm.. Well.." He began, but Luna cut him off.
"It doesn't matter, you here now. I missed you so much!" Luna was practically glowing with happiness now.
Alex laughed, "I missed you too pixy."
Luna's face went red and she made a funny face, "I'm not a pixy!"
He smiled, "I know," he hugged Luna tighter.
Jana cleared her throat to get there attention.
Luna jumped away from Alex and stood next to Jana, "this is my rommie, Jana," she gestured to Jana.
"Nice to meet you," Alex smiled and reached his hand out for a hand shake.

(Alex is actually fea too, but Luna doesn't know)

message 50: by Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (last edited Apr 16, 2013 09:42PM) (new)

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments ((wow thats better i cant wait till she finds out...))

Jana looks at him questionignly, then looks at his outstretched hand with an arched eyebrow.
She narrows her eyes and says "So ur the human who Luna is lovesick over..." Jana says it more of a statement than a question
"Erm yeh" Alex answers looking uncomfortable
Jana looks at her friend and smiles seeing the happiness and love in her eyes.
"Well u seem to make her happy enough so i guess ur not so bad." Jana grins and shakes Alex's hand introducing herslef;
"Hey im Jana and it was about time ur here really, i mean Luna here was going crazy thinking about you" Jana said nonchalantly, gesturing to Luna who was a bright shade of pink, but still smiling contently at Alex.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13