Missoula Book Club discussion

Meeting about "Geography of Bliss"

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 54 comments Book is due back on the 28th...not sure if we can extend? Do we want to just read what we can or do you want me to ask about an extension?

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie Lennox | 11 comments I'm not very far either but I was planning to try and read a bunch this weekend. I could go either way. If you don't mind calling and seeing if we could extend. Them we could decide. That would be great. Thanks!

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 54 comments Library said they could extend the checkout--book is now due April 6th so we will need to meet sometime before then. Do we want to just try for April 1st (the following Monday) or move back to Thursdays...(April 4th)?

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie Springer | 21 comments This works perfect. I am going up to whitefish this weekend and was starting to worry I would not get through the last few chapters.

I could do April 1 or April 4. And I am not picking up our next book, the Maytrees until April 5. So this should all be seamless =) I am enjoying the book, I just need to find more time to read =)

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 54 comments Mandy has family in town this coming Monday but said April 1st or 4th would work for her.

message 6: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 28 comments I'll have family in town on the 1st, so April 4th would be best for me.

message 7: by Julie (new)

Julie Lennox | 11 comments I will be out of town that whole week. But that's ok. You all go for it. I love the book! I will finish it and maybe I cAn take it to Tiffany since she lives so close. Then you can have it as a set to return to the library. Sorry to miss this meeting. It's a great book.

message 8: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 28 comments I can't remember if March 28 (next Thursday) was bad for anyone. Would that work instead? Maybe we could do some cramming in the next few days...

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 54 comments 28th would work for me!

message 10: by Julie (new)

Julie Lennox | 11 comments 28th works for me.

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie Springer | 21 comments works for me too!

message 12: by Katie (new)

Katie Springer | 21 comments wait, no, we have dinner plans. shoot.

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 54 comments Ok guys, how about Wed 27th or Fri the 29th?

message 14: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 28 comments Either works for me, although 27th is better.

message 15: by Katie (new)

Katie Springer | 21 comments I could do the 27th as well.

message 16: by Katie (new)

Katie Springer | 21 comments Hey all, Something has come up at work and I don't know if I will be able to make it tonight. If I don't end up making it, I will make arrangements to get the book to Jennifer. I am picking up our next book on April 5th, so I will make arrangements to get it to you all. WE have it through May 5th.

message 17: by Julie (new)

Julie Lennox | 11 comments Hi

Can I pick up the new book? What would be the best way to do that?

THanks!
Julie

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie Springer | 21 comments Hey Julie,

I totally spaced picking up the book last tuesday and then tried to get it on thursday and the library was closed at 6pm...which was odd. I just got back into town. Will go pick it up tomorrow. sorry about that. What is the best way to get it to you?

message 19: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 28 comments Katie, I've had that happen several times, forgetting that the library closes early Thursday-Saturday.

I will likely not be here for the next meeting, because we're moving by the end of the month (to the Seattle area). I'm sooo sad to be leaving this group. I've really enjoyed it! You all have given me much to think about. Thank you!

message 20: by Julie (new)

Julie Lennox | 11 comments Tiffany,

Wow! That all happened fast! Best wishes to you. I hope you find health, wealth, wellness, and continue to experience happiness. It has been a pleasure to get to know you. I will miss your contributions and insights about our books. Good luck!
Julie