Huntsville-Madison County Public Library discussion

Staff Picks > Staff Picks- Tomorrow When The War Began

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Lee | 39 comments Tomorrow, When the War Began (Tomorrow, #1) by John Marsden

"When Ellie and her friends return from a camping trip in the Australian bush, they find things hideously wrong — their families are gone. Gradually they begin to comprehend that their country has been invaded and everyone in their town has been taken prisoner. As the reality of the situation hits them, they must make a decision — run and hide, give themselves up and be with their families, or fight back."

This is an older book and the first in a series of like seven books. I loved the concept of this book. I can't even imagine going camping and coming home only to find out that my home had been invaded. This group of teens has to basically go into survival mode though they are just outside of where they LIVE. Anyway, I was really excited because I just realized, ten years after I read the series, that there is a movie! I can't wait to see it and post the review of it here under my book review.

Either way, great series...just long enough to get into and love it but not soo long that you just wish it was over. I think I even heard it was partially based on true events. I'll double check that and post whatever I find on that. Check it out!

message 2: by Jessie J (new)

Jessie J (subseti) | 42 comments This is on my "to read" list, so really glad to hear your opinion.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Lee | 39 comments I really loved it!