Goodreads Vegetarians and Vegans discussion

Randomery > Homemade products?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gertie, Please use clickable text links for book titles! :-) (new)

Gertie (gertiebird) | 168 comments Mod
Do you have any homemade products you love, recipes you'd like to share?

I just saw a comment about a homemade shampoo in another thread, thought this might be a good discussion topic!

message 2: by Jo (new)

Jo | 28 comments A lot of people use apple cider vinegar to clean their hair. And I've seen some people use bicarb too.

I've tried coconut oil as a moisturiser which was good but it was way too oily for my face. My arms and legs felt great though!

message 3: by Gertie, Please use clickable text links for book titles! :-) (new)

I tried coconut oil on my hair, and also tried avocado oil on my hair, but neither time made a noticeable difference to me.

Good old vinegar. I scrubbed the floors the other day with just vinegar water, and they sparkled afterwards.

message 4: by Jo (new)

Jo | 28 comments It's a shame about the smell of vinegar though! But it has so many uses.

message 5: by Gertie, Please use clickable text links for book titles! :-) (new)

This kind of ties into the Vitamix thread, but since buying it I sometimes make my own almond milk. It's really handy when you don't want to buy a whole container (and don't want the extra ingredients), and you only have to strain it sometimes, depending on what you use it for.

message 6: by Gertie, Please use clickable text links for book titles! :-) (last edited Jun 06, 2017 02:06PM) (new)

Just got the Aquafaba: Sweet and Savory Vegan Recipes Made Egg-Free with the Magic of Bean Water book, maybe it's time to try some new homemade items like mayonnaise. (Though I do love Veganaise.)