r/books discussion

Introductions > Darciana says 'Hello'

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (last edited Mar 18, 2013 12:29PM) (new)

Heidi (baffi) My real name is Heidi (ugh!), I'm 41 and live near Mainz/Germany. I'm stuck at home since 2004 due to a chronical pain disease. That should give me plenty of time for reading, but I fell out of love with books quite some time ago. I'm slowly getting back into the spirit of being the bookworm I used to be.

I read predominantly science fiction at the moment. I'm still very new to this genre and in full discovery mode, and it helps a lot in my attempt to read more. Right now, Alastair Reynolds is my favourite author.
Other favourites: Robert Charles Wilson, Jasper Fforde, Ursula K. Le Guin, John Scalzi, Stephen King, J.R.R. Tolkien, Jane Austen, E. M. Forster,...

I adore dogs (though I don't have one of my own) and drink so much tea that I'll probably explode one day. I'm a Star Trek fan (more or less everything except the reboot), watch a lot of films and love Calvin & Hobbes and The Peanuts. The colour blue makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but I run away leaving nothing but a cloud of dust whenever I see something that's pink.

My (not so) secret passion: cute fluffy things, and some of them even like to read.

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) Hello and welcome! I think Heidi is a darling name, btw, so no ughhs. I'm very sorry to hear about your chronic pain, I hope that you have multpile hobbies to try and keep your mind off of it.

I tried reading Tales from Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin due to it being made into a Studio Ghibli film directed by Goro Miyazaki. As it would happen I couldn't get into the book and the film wasn't all that great either. I may try to pick up the book again sometime since my tastes have started to change a bit.