What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Sterkarm Handshake (Sterkarm, #1)
This topic is about The Sterkarm Handshake
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Woman travels back in time and falls in love [s]

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley Roark | 13 comments I have read so many books they kinda run together at times, but the one im looking for is about a girl who purposfully travels back in time through some sort of "tunnel" i vividly remember them descriding her walking thorugh it and pauseing not quite sure, well she ends up in the past and falls in love. I want to say she was a volumptuous woman and her goal was to study the people in the past.... but like i said all of the books in my head seem to run together ive searched google and all it seems to bring up is Karen Marie Moning who i also love but im pretty sure she didnt write this particular novel

message 2: by Jai (new)

Jai | 61 comments My favorite travel-back-in-time romance is Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series, but I don't remember if there's a tunnel she walks through or not. It's been ages since I read the series.

Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon

You said "girl" in your description. Is your book YA or adult? Do you remember how long ago it was probably published? Anything about the cover?

message 3: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley Roark | 13 comments Sorry Im pretty sure it was adult, I really dont remember much about it other than, I really fell in love with the world she created. I think the woman has been studying the time preparing to go back... It was kinda science-ish the "tunnel" was something they built wich kinda threw me off the book but i kept reading and when she goes back everything changes obviously lol and it gets really good. I have no idea when it was published but not in the last... 3 years? it has to be older than that

message 4: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 141 comments No idea, but definitely not Karen Marie Moning! I just read the whole Highlander series, and while one of the women was a scientist, none of the women traveled on purpose.

message 5: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley Roark | 13 comments I know lol I love her Highlander series :)

message 6: by Lou (last edited Mar 19, 2013 04:09PM) (new)

Lou Rocama | 436 comments I don't know if there's romance in it (haven't got to it, yet) but Doomsday Book Doomsday Book by Connie Willis has the main character going back in time to study the past.

message 7: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2501 comments Mod
Ashley, do you remember what time period the woman goes back to? Does she travel back and forth between the past and present, or does she just go back and stay there? (Trying to help jog your memory a bit!)

message 9: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 191 comments Could it be the Falcon's Bride by Dawn Thompson?

message 10: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 191 comments I know she goes back and forth through a cave like tunnel but they didn't build it. And I think it was on accident that she went back in time the first time.

message 11: by Matīss (new)

Matīss (massiveyez) | 7 comments I am not sure, but may be it is Millennium?
Woman from future travels back to past to collect humans from doomed airplanes, so they can keep human race alive, as there are no much of them left. She kinda fell in love with guy who investigated a plane crush.

message 12: by Sheila (last edited Mar 27, 2013 02:09PM) (new) - added it

Sheila (sheilareads) | 100 comments I haven't read this, and don't know if it involves tunnels, but possibly: A Rip in the Veil?

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 37 comments Not quite sure if this is what you're looking for, but it involves a woman who is raising her daughter alone, and the daughter isn't "normal" ... she disappears through a door and into another world (not sure if it's another time, or another world entirely). I thought of this thread when I came across it today, and figured it's worth a shot:

Through the Door

message 14: by Ashley (last edited Mar 29, 2013 10:56AM) (new) - added it

Ashley Roark | 13 comments YAY ty ty ty too CLM The Sterkarm Handshakeis it!!! Thanks to everyone else as well for all of your help Wow I guess I didnt read this as recently as I thought

message 15: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2501 comments Mod
Congrats on finding it, Ashley....and good job CLM! I'll move this to solved and add the book to our shelves. BTW, Sterkarm Handshake is a YA book, so I'll be adding it to that folder.

message 16: by Sheila (new) - added it

Sheila (sheilareads) | 100 comments Hooray, glad you found your book. I'm adding it to my list too--it looks good! :lol:

Though I'm curious for anyone who's read the second book: (view spoiler)