Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Bulletin Board > Looking for Free Kindle books for Amazon review

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I am trying to build my Amazon reviewer stats. If you have a free Kindle book, please let me know about it.

Miranda Thomason

message 2: by Michael Cargill (last edited Mar 18, 2013 11:21AM) (new)

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 217 comments Hello, dearest Miranda.

I took a peek at your profile, and rather enjoyed your trailer for On the Mercy of the World. I gave it a 'like' as well.

I see that you're trying to get reviews for your own book, which can be tricky if you don't know how.

I recommend joining the groups 'Shut up and Read', 'The Nexus', and 'Basically Books'. There are some read and review schemes going on there, whereby you can sign up and get scheduled to be advertised to the group for a review in exchange for a free copy.

If you fancy reviewing one of my books, that would be nifty. My latest book was released last week, and so I'm chomping at the bit for reviews at the moment!

There is a code that can be used to get a free copy from Smashwords over on my blog. It's got the cover and details of the book as well, so you can see if it's to your tastes:

http://michaelcargill.wordpress.com/2...

PS - rating your own book is very much frowned upon, I suggest you undo it!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks!

message 4: by D.D. Chant (last edited Mar 18, 2013 11:51AM) (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 91 comments Miranda wrote: "I am trying to build my Amazon reviewer stats. If you have a free Kindle book, please let me know about it.

Miranda Thomason"

Hi Miranda,

I don't know if any of mine will catch your interest but if they do I can provide free e-book copies through smashwords.

Broken City Post Apocalyptic/Adventure/Romance

Fracture Dystopian/Adventure

The Promise Saxon Romance/Adventure.

Thank you!

message 5: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 91 comments P.S.

Another reviewing group that you might want to take a look at is the 'making connections' group. If you look on my goodreads author page and scroll down to the bottom you'll see a list of my groups and you'll find a link there. There is a adult and a Y/A version of the site. Hope it helps!

message 6: by Marina (new)

Marina Latcko | 17 comments Hello Miranda, I'm giving away my YA book as a 'gift' these days, so if you're interested, you can check it here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Thank you!

message 7: by R.A. (new)

R.A. White (rawhite) | 361 comments My book isn't free on amazon, but I will be happy to give you a copy if you are interested in reviewing it. It's 'Kergulen', a character driven fantasy.

http://www.amazon.com/Kergulen-ebook/...

message 8: by Willett (last edited Mar 18, 2013 11:23PM) (new)

Willett Thomas | 39 comments Hi Miranda,

If you like literary fiction--Southern Gothic, please! please! please!, I'd love to hear from you and receive a review for my novel, Raised by Hand, Lifted by the Tides--A Southern Child's Memoir. Think To Kill a Mockingbird and/or The Secret Lives of Bees. The link to my page on Amazon is below. It will be available only to GR March 19, for review and FREE download.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009KEXEQO

Thanks in advance,
Willett

message 9: by Dean (new)

Dean MacAllister (deanmacallister) Hey Miranda,
Its me!
Anyway...
The Misadventures of a Reluctant Traveller by Dean MacAllister
The Misadventures of a Reluctant Traveller
I am not on kindle but I am on Kobo and a bunch of other ebook sites. Also I can send a pdf copy....which should work on anything...even a top-end hair dryer.

My book is funny and sad and special, just like me.

message 10: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 393 comments Miranda, I have at least on of my kindle books free every Sat. and Sun. Haven't decided yet which one will be free this weekend.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you all! I have a few months worth of reading and reviewing in my kindle now. I like to do books on Amazon and Smashwords. In case anyone wants to send me a code for the future.