Children's Book Writers Network discussion

How I became a Writer > When did I know I wanted to write books?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sirherbertsneakies Hebert (mrsneakies) | 16 comments Mod
I started to have characters pop into my head while I was jogging the track at UCLA. The ideas would pour into my head that I literally had to down load them on paper.
I remember the day I knew I should write as I asked a friend to read my screenplay. She said she cried and it was so cute. I was shocked and happily surprised.
Encouragement to artist to nurture growth and continue to write is the greatest gift one can give to a writer.

message 2: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Sousa | 1 comments That's a great story about characters popping into your head while jogging! I find that when doing something repetitive like it helps that creative brain reach a meditative state and opens it up for a flood of ideas. :-)

Oh, by the way, my name is Tanya Sousa. I'm an author of various things, but have published children's picture books. I'm currently seeking a home for a novel, am ghost writing a nonfiction book for a man with a traumatic brain injury (who has succeeded beyond anyone's expectations), and have three other new children's picture books I'm shopping around. Nice to be here!