Paranormal Creatures discussion

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) Karla one of the members, asked if zombies are paranormal? And I thought about it...There are books out there with zombies in them i'm sure, but I never read any books with them in it. How about you? Let us know what books you read with zombies in it, were they good? Maybe we can do a group read with one of the books. Tell us what you think! :D

message 2: by Mark (new)

Mark Carver (markcarverbooks) | 17 comments I just read my first one, The Outbreak by Tayler Wright. She's an author with the same publisher as me, and I thought I'd see what a zombie book is like. Personally I dug it, and I'm not really a zombie fan (I watch The Walking Dead and the Resident Evil movies are a guilty pleasure, but that's about it. I don't have the stomach for this genre :-P).

I think technically they are paranormal because "paranormal" usually denotes something grounded in reality but existing beyond discovered science. There's nothing supernatural about zombies, but they're definitely not "normal."

message 3: by Karla (new)

Karla Rades (Karlosalis) What if we were all zombies once but there was a human apocalypse?

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark Carver (markcarverbooks) | 17 comments A terrible plague of intelligence and conscience!

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark | 10 comments Deadlocked by Ar wise, a serious of stories about a zombie apocalypse from different perspectives which are intertwined. Great read I'd recommend it, first edition is free to download to kindle on amazon try it see what you think.

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) I keep meaning to read a book about zombies

message 7: by Mark (new)

Mark | 10 comments I'm open to all genre of books, I'm a big fan of zombie movies so I would of been sceptical to an extent if they could write a book that would make the same impact as visual movie on the zombie genre and to be honest they are very good. I would recommend ar wise start off see if its something you would enjoy.

message 8: by Kaine (new)

Kaine Andrews (kaineandrews) | 75 comments Karla wrote: "What if we were all zombies once but there was a human apocalypse?"

I think you just gave me an idea for my next novel... XD

message 9: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) I don't neccessarily consider the dead in my book to be zombies. I never say the word because I didn't want them to exactly be zombies but more than that. They do alot more thing that normal zombies would not be capable of doing and I also felt they needed a paranormal hybrid edge to them. So I call them undead and that more or less gives the reader the decision to think of them however they wish to.

message 10: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) Out of the graveyard they begin to rise
Small, medium, large in every size
Pale like appearance, pasty complexion
They are dead and do not offer affection
Their walk is slow yet they still bring fear
It takes forever for them to be near
If they do get you they’ll use cannibal tactics
Cause when it comes to body parts they are addicts
Sometimes all it takes for them is one cough
And boom an arm or a leg falls off
It’s something creepy indeed to dread
So watch out for Uh! The dawn of the dead

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Creepy >:)

message 12: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) Thought I would describe the zombies in my book, A Bloody Bloody Mess In The Wild Wild West. First off, I don't like the word 'Zombie' for them at least in my book..I like undead. I like undead because it means they could be more than zombies such as horrific creatures, skeletons or other forms. Also their speed is more sufficient then that of an average undead being. The key to a good zombie is to be cliche in some way but also but your own twist on it and I believe I did just that.

message 13: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) Zombie Speed Guide:

Night of the Living Dead-Slow(Don't worry)

Dawn of the Dead-Mild(Don't get too close but also no worries here)

28 Days-Fast(Yeah...I'd run)

World War Z- Really Fast(shit gonna get crazy so make a break while you can)

*The Walking Dead-speed not so much but look like they want to do some serious feasting.
*A Bloody Bloody Mess In The Wild Wild West-above average speed with slight intelligence(dont take them lightly).

message 14: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) Nobody has been on here in a while. So much so that the folder of the group with the same name has dissapeared! Thought I'd comment to see if it reappears.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Outbreak (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tayler Wright (other topics)