New Voices Good Stories discussion

Ice Breakers > BOOK CLUBS

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Selena (new)

Selena Haskins (booksbyselena) | 106 comments Mod
Hi Dianne,

I have been able to reach book clubs through my direct in-person sales, and also by googling bookclubs in my local area. I'm emailing colorful press releases to the clubs as we speak.

Google+ is OK. It was easy to join since I already have an account with them. They also have groups on there, but in my opinion they're not popular yet. Pinterest is another website I'm on, but I don't care too much for that site either. Everyone is coming out with new social networks, but I believe many of them won't last.

All the best!

message 2: by Selena (new)

I just sent a request to ASMSG on Facebook. It doesn't allow me to message them, so maybe you can put in a good word for me.

message 3: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Diann Johnson (brendadiannjohnson) | 5 comments ASWIFTT Writer’s Guild is for the author, artist, playwright, movie producer, director, journalist, etc. who has the talent to put pen or brush to paper to create a unique & valuable piece of work. ASWIFTT Writer’s Guild is always looking for new talents to enhance the Literary, Visual & Performing Arts. Join today by visiting: www.aswifttwritersguild.com

message 4: by Selena (new)

Thanks for the information Brenda!

message 5: by Selena (new)

Hi Dianne,

I'm scheduled to speak at a book club next month. I will let you know about my experience. That is, if you have not had your own experience by then. You're pretty popular you know. From what I have heard, book club members ask lots of questions about your book, your upcoming projects, and you can sign their books and take pictures, and it seems fun.

I'm on Google+ , but I don't like it. It's fairly new and you can join groups as well, but it's quiet as a church mouse. I'm also on Pinterest and I don't like that either. I have enough post-it notes in my cube and now I'm pinning stuff on the computer. Quite frankly, these social networks are beginning to make my head spin. If I weren't trying to promote my book, I wouldn't join half of them! LOL. Maybe you're experience will be better than mine. I prefer to stick with what seems to work for me, and what seems fun.

Dianne wrote: "Am curious if any authors have had luck getting in front of book clubs, and if so, how did you do it?
Secondly, Google+? It mystifies me. Worthwhile tackling it? Thanks!"