Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Opinions Wanted > BOOK CLUBS

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 5 comments I had asked a similar question in the author's resource folder.

I am finding it a bit of a nonstarter in my area. Almost all book clubs I can find yet are organized by women readers for women-centric issue or romance books, which is cool, but unfortunately leaves me out.

Further, I can't get traction in other places due to being self-published. If anyone provides helpful advice, I'll share it with you.A Plague of Dreams

message 2: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) | 5 comments I'm in the SW Ohio area.
thanks for the suggestion, I'm looking at Meetup right now.

message 3: by Aimee (new)

Aimee | 1 comments Craigs list sometimes has them listed under groups. Might be worth a try.

message 4: by J. (new)

J. Rubino (jrubino) I am part of a Yahoo groups dedicated to the authors in my state (NJ Authors). Several people in the group have banded together to organize panels on writing and publishing. They have pitched primarily to libraries. Many libraries are having financial cutbacks and are happy to have the programs, and the authors are allowed to bring books to sell.
If you have a local independent book store, see if they will carry your self-published books on a consignment basis or allow you to bring a stock of books and hold a signing - events bring in traffic.
Team up with other authors and invest in tables at fairs - book fairs, holiday fairs, local celebrations. Do your schools have a Readers in the School or Writers in the School program?
Make a database of all local media, both print and broadcast, and check into the growing number of media podcasts as a way of publicizing your book. Publicity produces those clips and quotes that might make you more attractive to book clubs.

janetility.com

Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Plague of Dreams (other topics)